Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Differences between Region B Millinium Trilogy vs US Version (Girl.extended cuts)?

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Differences between Region B Millinium Trilogy vs US Version (Girl.extended cuts)?

Old 09-29-11, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know the US version has some additional extras, but with the Region B edition already out through various etailers, I was wondering if anyone knew the exact differences?

My one concern is the US version retains the OAR for the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo scope image. I wasn't certain if the currently available region B set contained the theatrical OAR or not?

Thanks
Ron
Old 09-29-11, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Differences between Region B Millinium Trilogy vs US Version (Girl.extended cuts)

Well, since the US version isn't out yet, it's hard to say what the complete differences are.

but here is a review of the UK set
Old 09-29-11, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Differences between Region B Millinium Trilogy vs US Version (Girl.extended cuts)

I wasn't certain if the confirmed specs could be compared. I found out the UK version of the first film is presented in 1.85:1 aspect ratio
Old 10-04-11, 09:08 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thanks for the link

my main consideration is if the bluray versions look better than dvd versions (of the extended editions). iirc the original reviews were not kind, so maybe it has been remastered?
Old 10-05-11, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Better jump on this:

The Girl Who... Millennium Trilogy (Extended Versions) Blu-Ray £26.97 (was £34.97)

~$41 shipped. Price has dropped about $12USD.
Old 10-05-11, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by dishpan
thanks for the link

my main consideration is if the bluray versions look better than dvd versions (of the extended editions). iirc the original reviews were not kind, so maybe it has been remastered?
From what I've read, the Blu versions are better-looking. The DVD versions weren't that great and I think once they became so popular, more "attention" was put into the Blu-ray versions. Sold me regardless, and I've been waiting for the extended editions and thank GOD I didn't buy the chopped versions.
Old 10-07-11, 06:04 PM

Anyone knows if there will be a Region A edition of this box set forthcoming?
Old 10-07-11, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

11/22
Old 10-08-11, 08:00 AM

Currently on sale at DVDEmpire for $49.99 shipped.

Last edited by cine; 10-09-11 at 06:29 PM.
Old 11-14-11, 07:48 PM

The release date has been pushed back to 12/6, but Barnes&Noble now has it listed at even cheaper price: $43.99 (plus tax).
Old 12-20-11, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Currently on sale at Amazon.co.uk for £17.99.