Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Bigstar now ships internationally!

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Bigstar now ships internationally!

Old 04-26-00, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bigstar now ships outside the US, but only to specific countries:

Australia
Canada
Hong Kong
Ireland
Mexico
New Zealand
South Africa
United Kingdom

and will be adding more eventually. Shipping options are International Air Mail and DHL Worldwide Express. Preorders always ship as International Air Mail. Costs vary from country to country (cheapest is Canada, most expensive is New Zealand & South Africa).

Also, their Free Movie offer doesn't apply to international orders.

Here's the link to their International Shipping FAQ:
http://www.bigstar.com/cs/faq/index...._international
Old 04-26-00, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

That's good news. Unfortunately their shipping runs a couple of USD higher (for Australia) than Amazon, DVDExp, and all, so it will have to be a red hot deal for me to shop there. But it's always good to have as many options as possible.

Chris D

[This message has been edited by Chris_D (edited April 26, 2000).]
Old 04-27-00, 02:02 AM

Anali, how about our beloved country the Philippines, will they ship to us?
Old 04-27-00, 06:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hey Robert, where have you been! Unfortunately no, Bigstar doesn't ship here, and I'm sure we'll be one of the last on their list. But since HongKong's just an hour away, who knows, maybe soon?
Old 04-27-00, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Get free shipping at BigStar via mail.com.

This thread is probably a good place to list all the coupons/first time user deals that are good for International customers at BigStar. They have a few decent back catalogue titles at 40% off but as we know coupons are not eligible for use with pre-orders.

Also anyone with a good list of the best deals please post them here (might be difficult as many prices seem to be MSRP - are they for real??!!). I’d warn you that DVDPriceSearch seems to be inaccurate re. BigStar as many titles which it lists as 50% off are in fact only 40% off when you check them out on the actual site.

I’m away from my computer until this evening now and when I come back I expect to see loads of really cool BigStar deals posted

««««««««««««»»»»»»»»»»»»»
More human, than Human
Old 04-27-00, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Okay this isn't really a Bigstar deal, but their customer service is really helpful. If you used a coupon on an order, and for some reason you cancelled your order, just ask if they can credit the coupon into your account. And they do! It appears as a customer service credit in your Credit Account, and can be used on any future order with NO minimum purchase.
Old 04-27-00, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

quote:<HR>Originally posted by jonathan.e:
Get free shipping at BigStar via mail.com.

More human, than Human
<HR>

Unfortunately the mail.com thing appears to expire at the end of this month and reading between the lines seems to suggest that your order would need to ship before the expiration. I was thinking of using it at barnes and noble, ah well. Anyway, cashing small USD cheques is a bit of a pain.

Chris D

[This message has been edited by Chris_D (edited April 27, 2000).]
Old 04-27-00, 05:45 PM
Cool New Member

Are their prices for real!! a few random discs all showed up at msrp. can't see me buying much from there.
Old 04-28-00, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hmmmm....Weird Site. Only one really good deal - Flamingo Kid at $11.99, list $24.99. I tried like crazy to find stuff to add to get up to the $30 minimum for the new customers coupon but the best I found was Brown’s Requiem for $11.99 and Thunder Road for $17.49 both of which are available cheaper elsewhere. Once I factored in the risk of customs charges, it made the whole thing a little pointless.

Man, is this list price stuff the future of on-line e-tailing??

More human, than Human