Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Need Help With Multiregion/Multisystem Player

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Need Help With Multiregion/Multisystem Player

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-00, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1) Will an Aussie (i think region 4) dvd play on one of these on an NTSC set? Seems like it should if it's a multiregion player with both NTSC and PAL options. Or will it only play on a PAL set.

2) If so, what player would you recommend? Quality is primary concern (+/- $500 US area)

I love foreign films but I also love my aussie rules and cannot currently get them in a format I can use.

Thanks, figured people in this forum would know best.
Old 04-11-00, 02:27 AM
Tec

I'm planning to buy a player, which would have to play all regions as well as NTSC/PAL, and if I'm not totally confused, you could try APEX & other similar products. APEX costs ~200 USD if you get good bargain, and e.g. from www.charmes.de you can order quite similar DVD-player for about 600 DEM (around 300 USD).
Old 04-11-00, 04:33 AM

Why not buy a tv thats multi system?I've got a projector that flicks to one or the other depending on what gets sent to it.It makes life very easy when regions and formats make no difference to you
Old 04-11-00, 10:04 AM

I bought a Raite AV715 recently, and in addition to the region settings hidden menu, there is also a setup screen that lets you toggle between PAL, NTSC, and 16x9 NTSC settings. I'm fairly certain that Tec is correct about Apex 600A having the NTSC/PAL switching capability also. Not sure about multi-regions bought outside the country though.

------------------
Strictly Film School
Old 04-11-00, 01:20 PM

You would still need a mltiregionplayer to plat the disc, though. A region 4 disc won't play on a region 4 macchine. I have an Apex. The picture's great for the price but is slightly compressed when converting PAL and will play 16x9 discs as full frame. I don't know if a more expensive machine would play any better. For more info about the APEX, which is available through www.circuitcity.com, check out www.nerd-out.com

quote:<HR>Originally posted by benjsimpson:
Why not buy a tv thats multi system?I've got a projector that flicks to one or the other depending on what gets sent to it.It makes life very easy when regions and formats make no difference to you <HR>