Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

DVD RENTAL Pricing is here! Fight Club & Anna & the King

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

DVD RENTAL Pricing is here! Fight Club & Anna & the King

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-00, 05:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quote:<HR>From www.dvdfile.com today:
Well, I suppose it isn't much of a surprise that the first big major studio has introduced the concept of the rental-priced DVD into the marketplace, and even less of a surprise that it would be 20th Century Fox. But, before some of you go ballistic, Fox International is releasing their first two rental-priced titles, FIGHT CLUB and ANNA & THE KING, only in Region 2. Priced at around 65 pounds ($100 folks, that’s right)(I think that is the monetary measurement in the UK), Fox will be considering other future titles for a rental pricing structure depending on the reaction.<HR>

<small>Italics are my additions</small>

I can’t help but be a little appalled at the tone of the editorial, like it doesn’t really matter that much because it’s only region 2??!!Apart from the fact that if this is successful it will mean the premature death of sell-through before it’s even got a foothold outside of the US, it would also have obvious consequences for the rest of the world too.

I’m a little too disgusted to form a coherent and non-expletive filled post at the moment, but I’d be interested in knowing your thoughts, and please try to put yourself in the place of say, someone in the UK who was looking forward to buying Fight Club and now realises that that is not an option.
Old 04-07-00, 06:04 AM

Here in the UK we're used to getting shafted financially over anything remotely desirable, DVD just being the latest. As for the 'Fight Club', why on earth would I want the region 2 version when I can get the region 1 earlier, cheaper and with more extras, I've already ordered it at Reel.com.
Old 04-08-00, 04:19 AM
Banned

Already pre-ordered at reel here too. Should the rental numbers be miserable perhaps they'll stop and reconsider.