Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Baywatch dvd question?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Baywatch dvd question?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-08, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 416 Likes on 301 Posts
Baywatch dvd question?

Okay I am posting this in the international thread, because I know how bad the Baywatch dvds for seasons 1-3 here in the US. There is missing episodes and the music has been cut or edited really badly. My question is are there any region free dvds out there, will they play okay on a region 1 dvd player, and can I find season sets on ebay or amazon. Do they have most of the music intact, and have all of the episodes for each season set?

Last edited by Bluelitespecial; 03-28-08 at 09:15 PM.
Old 03-29-08, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello,

Unfortunately if you are locked with a R1 only player there is nothing we could recommend. The Aussie version was released in native NTSC but it is coded 4. I also understand that there is a Greek set that preserves everything you are concerned with but it is in PAL.

Perhaps it is time for you to invest in a region-free player.

Sorry, I could not help.

Ciao,
Pro-B
Old 03-29-08, 01:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You can get a cheap CyberHome player for less than $50 at Wally World which is region free and does the PAL to NTSC conversion like nothing.. then import your sets.
Old 03-29-08, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I was looking at region free dvd players on ebay, and I found the whole series is available in germany including baywatch nights. From what I read on Imdb, the german sets have all the episodes and music intact. How exactly does amazon work, if you are buying internationally?
Old 03-30-08, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

If you are going to order from Germany go ahead and use these guys: www.jpc.de (English interface is available, click right top "English"). They are slightly cheaper for boxsets and in my experience...slightly faster than Amazon.de.

Here's a direct link to the first set (via the English interface):
http://www.jpc.de/jpcng/movie/detail...me&rsk=hitlist

Good luck,
Pro-B
Old 03-30-08, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks for all of the help, I think I am going to look into wallyworld for that cheap Cyberhome region free player to get started, but I have one more question, what exactly is "eur" in dollar amounts.

Last edited by Bluelitespecial; 03-30-08 at 08:58 PM.
Old 03-30-08, 09:09 PM

1 Euro = $1.50-ish
Old 03-30-08, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
Thanks for all of the help, I think I am going to look into wallyworld for that cheap Cyberhome region free player to get started, but I have one more question, what exactly is "eur" in dollar amounts.
To get the exact daily rate of the dollar against the Euro (or any other major currency for that matter) use:

www.xe.com

Ciao,
Pro-B
Old 12-08-12, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Re: Baywatch dvd question?

Hi, This thread is about 4 years old now, but I wanted to ask the same question.

Where is the best place right now to get all 11 seasons of Baywatch on DVD where it doesn't cost me and arm and a leg? I know the U.S. DVDs that were released several years ago were a major bust and are no longer being distributed.

I checked on Amazon.co.uk and they are selling the German release for a little over $430 for all 11 seasons. That's way way too much. I checked Ebay as well and they don't seem to have all the seasons there. I have a region free DVD player, so that isn't an issue. If you all have any ideas or know of a place, that would be great.

Is the German release the only major release available at this time?
Old 03-15-13, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The german releases are the only ones completely entact, all episodes with all the original music. I never got around to buying these yet but I still want to, If I go to the german portion of amazon.com will it recognize a US account, and ship here?
Old 03-17-13, 05:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am 99% sure it will recognize a US account, as I've probably logged into most Amazon sites around the world at some point, and don't recall any hassle. As long as the item is sold by Amazon (as opposed to a Marketplace or a "Fulfilled by Amazon" item, which often have additional restrictions), they will also ship it to you. Keep in mind shipping from mainland Europe can be pricey, but Amazon's costs are likely lower than most others. If you're planning to spend a lot, you might hold out for a little while to see if the exchange rate gets any better, as the Euro has been losing value for the past couple months. Hope that helps.
Old 03-24-13, 11:07 PM
Banned

i bought season /2/3/4/5/6 from a shop here in new zealand for $15 they are $3NZ each

i only had $15 on me at the time just as i was leaving the shop i saw season 1 but i only had $1 on me now i can never find season 1 anywhere all i seem to find is only season 2

have only watch the season 2 dvd so far and nothing has been edited or changed in anyway from that i can see from when i watched then in the 90's on tv