Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

CDWOW: 2008 - Discounts, Vouchers, Bargains, & Discussion

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

CDWOW: 2008 - Discounts, Vouchers, Bargains, & Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-08, 09:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All their vouchers, even credit vouchers (e.g., for reimbursement of return-mailing expense), now have an expiration date.
Old 01-26-08, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whoah, if all the vouchers they gave me once, which they told me would ever expire, actually expire then I'm going to be very pissed off as well.
Old 01-26-08, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Has anyone recently managed to contact CD-Wow and actually get a response? I ordered the Aussie 2-disc of Matthew Seville's Noise a month ago, was promptly charged for the DVD and have never received it. Furthermore, there's no record of the order in my account nor do any of the details from my confirmation and billings e-mails match anything on the site (I also see now that the movie isn't even currently listed on their site). Repeated attempts to get to bottom of this are simply met with silence. I get the impression I'll be eating this one and never doing business with them again...
Old 01-26-08, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Cosmic Bus
Has anyone recently managed to contact CD-Wow and actually get a response? I ordered the Aussie 2-disc of Matthew Seville's Noise a month ago, was promptly charged for the DVD and have never received it. Furthermore, there's no record of the order in my account nor do any of the details from my confirmation and billings e-mails match anything on the site...
Did you check for your order status on www.cdwow.com (rather than www.cdwow.us)? If nothing shows up there, it's possible that they did not receive a confirmation from their credit-card processing vendor for your credit-card payment transaction. This happened to me a few times, in which case I would send them an email to [email protected] with the Transaction ID and Confirmation #'s (provided on the payment confirmation page) and they would fix it within a day.
Old 01-28-08, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, I just checked, and yep, every single one of the vouchers that they gave me promising me that they would not expire are now invalid. I'll refrain from saying anything else about it to save the thread my complete and total bitching.

Simply put, I'm not happy.
Old 01-28-08, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,028 Likes on 727 Posts
Brent L, that really sucks!

Has anyone actually received an order from them in the last couple of weeks?

I've got one out of my last 3 orders, and a 4th order is sitting at the 'pending despatch' stage, which by this point makes it pretty likely that it won't ship either.

It's not like I've lost any money, since they all get refunded (maybe a few cents with exchange rates), but it's getting to be a waste of time to even order anything if it's not going to ship.
Old 01-28-08, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I got Drunken Angel Criterion a few days after ordering earlier this month, but my order of Zodiac DC has been delayed yet again. And I ordered that as a pre-order at the beginning of this month.
Old 01-28-08, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by andicus

Sure did! On Saturday, I became the proud owner of Tabu and Nosferatu, both of which I had ordered December 21st. Also, a few titles I ordered January 3rd just shipped today.
Keven seems to have gone into hiding.....
Old 01-29-08, 04:42 AM

Yes, ordered 15th January, shipped 17th January, arrived 29th January.
Old 01-29-08, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts
I received both the first and second Old Grey Whistle Test DVD sets within the past week.

Unfortunately the first set has a problem with the bonus materials, but I would feel bad complaining about a seven dollar 2 DVD box.
Old 01-29-08, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Okay, I'll take it as a positive sign that people are still receiving some things.

Did anyone else happen to order Nick Frost's Danger! 50,000 Volts! R1 ? That's the one I'm currently waiting on, but it no longer shows up on the site. Not a good sign...
Old 01-29-08, 08:54 PM

Damn, I didn't know CD-Wow has been having so many problems. I haven't ordered anything from them in a few years and I just ordered a nine item order at about $252. After seeing this thread, I'm a little worried for a couple of things. So far, I've received an e-mail that four of the dvds have shipped, one of them being the House boxset which I had been having trouble getting other places so I'm glad that's coming. The other main thing I'm worried about is the Fly boxset. I've been having some trouble with that too, but if they ship that, I'll be happy. The other things I can get elsewhere pretty easily if I have to.
Old 01-30-08, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by AmonTwin
As I mentioned a few posts up, my order for the same disc was cancelled as well. The email stated that they couldn't find the DVD after their best efforts, but yet here it is (for more money)....

http://www.cd-wow.us/detail_results_...t_code=1137914
Same thing just happened to me.
Old 01-30-08, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cine
Same thing just happened to me.
This seems to have happened to quite a few people. For one of the titles, it's status was listed as "pending" for three weeks until I emailed them to find out when it was going to ship. Their response email was the usual garbage about it being "out of stock", then the order was canceled. If I hadn't sent an email inquiring about the status of my order, I bet it would have been "pending" indefinitely, with my cash still in their pocket. Ended up ordering it from Amazon.uk - their prices might be a little bit steeper, but at least they won't lie to me, refuse to honor their own prices, or take three weeks to ship items.

Last edited by NoirFan; 01-30-08 at 09:02 PM.
Old 01-30-08, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

http://www.cd-wow.us/detail_results_...duct_code=6847

Well, this is interesting...
Old 02-01-08, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Okay, I'll take it as a positive sign that people are still receiving some things.

Did anyone else happen to order Nick Frost's Danger! 50,000 Volts! R1 ? That's the one I'm currently waiting on, but it no longer shows up on the site. Not a good sign...
Cancel that positive sign...

We are writing to you regarding your order for (Nick Frost's Danger! 50,000 Volts! - Region 0 and Product Code - 20139)

Unfortunately despite our very best efforts we are unable to get further stock of this item from our supplier.
Sigh... Apparently their very best efforts are crap. 3 of the last 4 things I've ordered were unobtainable. Perhaps they're having credit problems with their suppliers?

Double sigh... they didn't send me a new $2 coupon this time, either, so I'm out that, as well.

Last edited by andicus; 02-01-08 at 09:59 AM.
Old 02-01-08, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by zombeaner
I don't know why I did it, I know better by now, but I went ahead and ordered it since I've been wanting that DVD for a long time now I recently was able to get Rebbecca at a great price from someone here at DVDTalk. I emailed them asking when I could expect delivery for it, and sure enough here is what they responded back with:

Hi Brent

Thank you for contacting me and sorry for the delay in dispatching this
item.

Unfortunately, we have experienced a slight delay in receiving this product
from our suppliers.

At this stage we have been advised that we will have this item available to
ship on 4th February.

Once again, sorry for the inconvenience caused to you by this delay, and
thank you very much for your patience - it is sincerely appreciated.

If you would prefer to cancel the item from your order and receive a full
refund, please get back to us and we can arrange this.

If you require any further assistance at this time then please do not
hesitate to get back to me.

Kind regards

Jess
CD WOW! Customer Services
www.cd-wow.com
www.wowwoman.com
What a huge shock.

Last edited by Brent L; 02-01-08 at 03:47 PM.
Old 02-01-08, 03:30 PM

Things have been working OK for me. Two orders in the last weeks, both shipped and delivered just fine. No delays or anything.
Cheers ...
Old 02-01-08, 04:33 PM

No problems here either; my last order (a Criterion Eclipse set) was made Tuesday, arrived this morning.
Old 02-06-08, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

No big shock, but they just sent me an email saying that Spellbound has been pushed back to being "available" on the 8th, the second time they've pushed back the shipping date.
Old 02-06-08, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I didn't bother trying for Spellbound, since I figured it was pretty unlikely. Hope you get yours!

Meanwhile, in a true surprise, I have received a shipping notice for my last order. Not that surprising, really, since it's 40 Year-Old Virgin, and I can't imagine how that could possibly be unavailable.

And, to give them credit, they did end up sending me another $2 coupon, which makes up for the one I complained about losing on my last canceled order.
Old 02-06-08, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

My recent history:

Ordered Hi, Dharma on thursday. Shipped saturday
Ordered Spellbound last week, got the same story as brent, I'm holding on for another week or so
Ordered Panic Room 3 disc and Seven Swords coal black swords. Panic Room was cancelled on my within 24 hours and Seven Swords shows as unavailable through their suppliers so I cancelled it.

What I do not understand is that all of the items I bought were on sale, which means that someone somewhere manually changed the prices and didn't bother to check whether the items were in stock or even available at all. This is the first time I've run into this after dozens of orders. I'm really bummed.
Old 02-12-08, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, I've gotta give CDWOW credit. I emailed them a few minutes ago telling them to just cancel my order, and in exactly five minutes I received the refund confirmation email and then another email from them telling me that they're sorry.

I still don't think they should have so many things pop up on their site that they don't ever actually have in stock, but at least they pulled through for me here, at least in a way.
Old 02-12-08, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, as I've said before, at least you get your refunds from them. I actually received my latest DVD order today, so they're still pretty much on time for things they actually have.

I guess these are the reasons it's so frustrating to see them going downhill. They are quick to ship (What they do have), they usually have good, sometimes great prices, free shipping, and refunds are quick and painless.
Old 02-12-08, 09:11 PM

I had a surprise this morning as my Fly boxset was outside my door. I didn't get a shipping e-mail so I had no idea it was going to be there. My other items are already coming in the mail, so my order worked out. Nothing cancelled.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.