Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

CDWOW: 2008 - Discounts, Vouchers, Bargains, & Discussion

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

CDWOW: 2008 - Discounts, Vouchers, Bargains, & Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-08, 07:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had Shoeshine canceled twice now due to being out of stock, once in the last 24 hours and the other time when many of the MoC releases were heavily discounted. Yet, it's plainly there on the site at a more expensive price. Very disappointing. CD-Wow is starting to feel like multi-region Columbia House.
Old 01-15-08, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kevin, I really hate to say this but I'm not going to be able to recommend CDWOW anymore once again until all of these problems get sorted out and the site is back on track.

I hate to see this once again happening to one of my favorite e-tailers of all time.
Old 01-15-08, 07:19 PM

Transaction for the value of: USD 11.95
Description: DVD Region 1 - The Criterion Collection: Coup de Grace-a film by Volker Schloudorff

Above got cancelled - first time I have run into trouble with CDWOW - refunded my credit card however - 3 weeks later.
Old 01-15-08, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by samper
Transaction for the value of: USD 11.95
Description: DVD Region 1 - The Criterion Collection: Coup de Grace-a film by Volker Schloudorff

Above got cancelled - first time I have run into trouble with CDWOW - refunded my credit card however - 3 weeks later.
As I mentioned a few posts up, my order for the same disc was cancelled as well. The email stated that they couldn't find the DVD after their best efforts, but yet here it is (for more money)....

http://www.cd-wow.us/detail_results_...t_code=1137914

While I appreciate Kevin's contributions to this forum and realize these cancellations are completely out of his control, it is extremely frustrating for cd-wow to take our money for a few weeks with no product and then to cancel it. Something is not right....
Old 01-15-08, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Maybe this is a social experiment in how much a company representative saying "I'm sorry. We're working on it" can improve customer satisfaction while actual customer policy remains unchanged.
Old 01-16-08, 05:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

that would actually be a good study.
Old 01-16-08, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yep, that would be pretty cool.

For the record, I don't think CDWOW is openly trying to "screw" anyone or steal anyone's money. I just think they have major problems, and they just can't seem to nail them down to fix em. That is still no excuse at all though.
Old 01-16-08, 10:07 AM

Am pleased with CD WOW's service in recent days ...
separate orders for Spooks - Series 5 and Doctor Who - Lost In Time (before it went up in price yesterday) shipped within 24 hrs, and arrived within 72 hrs
Old 01-16-08, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have bought hundreds of DVDs for the 7 years from CDWOW!. Overall, I´m satisfied but there has been some seriously problems from time to time. Especially when it comes to limited amounts of titles stock & lousy delivery times.

Since the takeover something terrible has happened to the postal delivery route. One might quickly get a "shipping notice", but it can take up to 2 month for a title to arrive depending on where one lives in the world. I have no idea what has gone wrong with the British Postal Service (BPS). But I think BPS is at fault. If CDWOW has two ship out two parcels for every order (if one complains, that is) - then it will cost CDWOW a fortune.

Something has to be done with the severe shipping problems. Remember CDWOW promises 2-7 days delivery, which is far from what it is today.

Last edited by Dane; 01-16-08 at 11:22 AM.
Old 01-16-08, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts
Originally Posted by Dane
I have bought hundreds of DVDs for the 7 years from CDWOW!. Overall, I´m satisfied but there has been some seriously problems from time to time. Especially when it comes to limited amounts of titles stock & lousy delivery times.

Since the takeover something terrible has happened to the postal delivery route. One might quickly get a "shipping notice", but it can take up to 2 month for a title to arrive depending on where one lives in the world. I have no idea what has gone wrong with the British Postal Service (BPS). But I think BPS is at fault. If CDWOW has two ship out two parcels for every order (if one complains, that is) - then it will cost CDWOW a fortune.

Something has to be done with the severe shipping problems. Remember CDWOW promises 2-7 days delivery, which is far from what it is today.
Do the orders to the U.K. also ship from Hong Kong? Or do they ship from within the U.K.? All the orders I've received indicate that they shipped from Hong Kong, and pretty reliably showing up in 1 week. Although, my latest order took 2 weeks. I've got one pending, so it'll be interesting to see if 2 becomes the norm, now.
Old 01-16-08, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Dane
Tell me about it. I'm still waiting on orders I made on December 21st.
Old 01-16-08, 07:06 PM

All my CDWow orders (R1, R2, or R3) got shipped from HK and arrived here east coast US typically within a week after the date noted as dispatched on their web site.
Old 01-16-08, 08:17 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts
My order of Season 5 of Spooks got here 7 days from dispatch. Ordered 01/04/08, shipped 01/09/08, arrived 01/16/08. About par for the course with this one as all the others I've done in the past.
Old 01-17-08, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I should have held to my initial proclamation of avoiding CD-WOW. The most recent batch of Shaw Brothers DVDs were released everywhere on Dec. 20. CD-WOW, as they had been doing recently with the new Shaws, listed them instead as Jan. 4th releases. Okay fine, no problem as I'm not in a great hurry for them. Pre-ordered the DVDs at the end of December. January 4th comes and nothing happens. Here we are on Jan. 17 and they haven't shipped. They are no longer listed on the site and in my order status they still say "pre-release". The explanation...same old line of - delay in receiving product from our suppliers. If I had ordered the DVDs from any other e-tailer they would have been in my hands by the end of December, with CD-WOW, they have my money and I'm left empty-handed. Verdict...back to DDDHouse, YesAsia, AmazonUK, Bensonsworld, etc.
Old 01-17-08, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

agreed. cd-wow is done in my book.
Old 01-18-08, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Pricing still confuses me on this site - I'll go fill up a cart and then I notice it's in pounds, so I go to xe.com and find that it's horribly expensive (or cheaper in some cases) and then I click on the US flag to change to dollars and it clears my cart and then it's like a totally different store. Why when I go to www.cd-wow.com does it automatically show me prices in pounds?
Old 01-18-08, 03:48 AM

Because the .com site is the British site, so pounds would be the appropriate currency.
Old 01-18-08, 06:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Yeah - I just figured that out - but so why does it empty my cart every 4 or 5 clicks? It's annoying and frustrating.
Old 01-18-08, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Trigger, welcome to the quirks of CD-WOW. When you go to the site, first thing to do is click on the U.S. flag in the top left, and then start your shopping...that should eliminate the issue of cart-clearing.

And just an FYI, if you place orders on the U.S. site but later try to check your online order status on the U.S. site, you will find...nothing. Instead you have to check the status on the U.K. site as that is where they show up...even if you paid in dollars and used the U.S. site.
Old 01-24-08, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So much for the pending order... Yet another cancellation. This time for Nil By Mouth.
Old 01-24-08, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

how long they keep your money for?
Old 01-24-08, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This one was pretty short... Only 9 days.
Old 01-25-08, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I haven't been able to access the "bargain basement" section via the $2 link. Does this mean the party is over? I'm using Firefox.
Old 01-25-08, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by boc4ever
I haven't been able to access the "bargain basement" section via the $2 link. Does this mean the party is over? I'm using Firefox.
I'm not having a problem.
Old 01-26-08, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

All my "old" vouchers to .COM, .BIZ, .IE & .US are no longer working.

CDWOW could at least advice their costumer that every voucher prior to 1/1-08 would expire so we would have had a chance to use some of them.

A really bad move.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.