Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

CDWOW: The Return - Discounts, Vouchers, Bargains, & Discussion

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

CDWOW: The Return - Discounts, Vouchers, Bargains, & Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-07, 07:30 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow...sorry about that last msg...I've checked the web page right now and:
DVD Region 1: Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Special Edition (2 Disc Set) 14 Nov 2007 Despatched....they already sent it.... Wondering if it was due to my last e-mail sent to them complainning about the situation or they are back to buzz......
Old 11-14-07, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by dullboy
No MOC: Nosferatu on CD-Wow?
yea whats up with that???
Old 11-14-07, 02:25 PM

so i recently click on MY ORDER to see my order status on the site, and my order did not show up. i got this message:

No authorised orders could be found.

Green indicates shipped products; Red indicates cancelled products; Blue indicates products awaiting shipment and Purple indicates pre-release products.

* I copied and paste my email and order # right, i even tried more than once. Anyone know anything about this?
Old 11-14-07, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,028 Likes on 727 Posts
Originally Posted by Back2Basics
so i recently click on MY ORDER to see my order status on the site, and my order did not show up. i got this message:

No authorised orders could be found.

Green indicates shipped products; Red indicates cancelled products; Blue indicates products awaiting shipment and Purple indicates pre-release products.

* I copied and paste my email and order # right, i even tried more than once. Anyone know anything about this?
From earlier in the thread, check your order status at cd-wow.com, rather than cd-wow.us. It's a known technical issue that cd-wow is working on.
Old 11-14-07, 02:31 PM

^ thank you
Old 11-14-07, 06:29 PM
Cool New Member

Another issue is that cd-wow.com is not showing the $$ on the order.....how about that!
Old 11-14-07, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Nosferatu MoC

Tabu MoC
Old 11-15-07, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by manicsounds
they must have just added it recently..and at 30 bucks i think ill shop elsewhere. They use to have pretty competitive prices but this sure isnt
Old 11-15-07, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, that's a shit price for Nosferatu. Wonder if their prices are going up in general. Die Hard 4.0 Region 2 has gone up from $14.95 to $25.95!
Old 11-15-07, 04:38 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I wanted to pick up the Blade Runner 5 disc set for 30 bucks a few weeks ago but then they raised it to $41. I knew I shouldn't have waited.
Old 11-17-07, 09:17 PM
Cool New Member

What seems to be the problem with PayNova?, I placed 2 orders last week and to date I can see the the debits on my credit card just as expected, no more $$ nor less $$ so far ...
Old 11-19-07, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Deke Rivers
they must have just added it recently..and at 30 bucks i think ill shop elsewhere. They use to have pretty competitive prices but this sure isnt
I'm based in the US(thank you crappy exchange rate), just wondering if you could point me in a cheaper direction for Nosferatu? Thanks.
Old 11-19-07, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by BambooLounge
I'm based in the US(thank you crappy exchange rate), just wondering if you could point me in a cheaper direction for Nosferatu? Thanks.
Im in the US as well..im hoping exploited cinema in Ohio will get it cheaper
Old 11-19-07, 08:26 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Deke Rivers
Im in the US as well..im hoping exploited cinema in Ohio will get it cheaper
If you research some of the other MoC titles at Xploited they run about $30-$32 plus shipping, so hopefully another place will come through with a better price than $28.95
Old 11-19-07, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by EEz28
If you research some of the other MoC titles at Xploited they run about $30-$32 plus shipping, so hopefully another place will come through with a better price than $28.95
I checked a few others ..all about the same..even on ebay..this sucks..i really wanted the MOC over the new Kino but not sure if its worth the ten extra bucks
Old 11-19-07, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

yeah, i really wanted the new cd-wow to have similar prices to the old, but not sure if that's panning out. american consumers, where shall we go?
Old 11-19-07, 04:29 PM
Cool New Member

I noted something in the order status:
The order went to Despatched and the Despatch Date was updated, then at the next day the order status changed to "Despatched + email sent" and the Despatch Date was again updated!!, does anyone know when actually the order was shipped, at the very first Despatched status or at the next day???
Thanks in advance.
Old 11-19-07, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Stockie
I noted something in the order status:
The order went to Despatched and the Despatch Date was updated, then at the next day the order status changed to "Despatched + email sent" and the Despatch Date was again updated!!, does anyone know when actually the order was shipped, at the very first Despatched status or at the next day???
Thanks in advance.
its more than likely the first date.

In any case - shipping times for items from CDWow are quite quick. From the base in Hong Kong to Sydney Australia deliveries can take 2-3 days. So give it about a week at maximum.

As with everything that is sent from every and any online store - once its out of their hands and into the postal/delivery systems - you just have to wait !!
Old 11-19-07, 05:34 PM
Cool New Member

Thanks tonyjg!, I didn't know that they have their base in Hong kong.... Now I'm wondering how long it would take to arrive where I'm living..... Argentina!!
Old 11-19-07, 06:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Stockie
Thanks tonyjg!, I didn't know that they have their base in Hong kong.... Now I'm wondering how long it would take to arrive where I'm living..... Argentina!!
Hey Stockie,
I would say that you should allow up to 10 days for items to arrive in Argentina.
My last few test orders took 5 - 7 days to get the US... so I'm
guessing you'd have it in under 10 days. Most of our Region 1 stuff is shipped from the US, and that takes about 2 to 3 days for delivery.
I'd be interested in hearing how long it takes so be sure to let us know.
Thanks, Kevin
Old 11-19-07, 06:19 PM
Banned

I know a lot of you are looking for a better selection of Masters of Cinema titles.. and so am I!
We're having problems sourcing these titles but I'm pushing our buyers to keep the search going so hopefully we'll have a few more tiles to add soon.

I actually just added a few more MoC titles to the hitlist;
http://www.cd-wow.us/product_list_2.php?dvd_list=550
If you click through to the product page the image and product description is working perfectly, but for some reason the images aren't working on that category page (another problem for the list!).

Speaking of correcting problems - the site's short comings are no secret. Several of you have mentioned the site search and order tracking as being a problem... but we are working on this stuff plus about another 20 or 30 things that will improve the site. Please be patient!

I'm still interested in setting up a Collectors Corner where you guys can see at a glance what we're offering in terms of MoC, BFI, Madman Director’s Suite, Optimum etc.
To be honest it'll be the New Year before we can concentrate on this and get supplies flowing... but it's something to keep an eye out for.

I'll run an MoC giveaway on the US blog next week and give away a few titles - none of which are actually for sale on the site strangely enough. I'll post here and let you know when to check it out.

In the meantime - you could win the Top 5 CDs of the week if you visit the US blog now. http://blog.cd-wow.us.
They'd make a nice start to the holiday shopping!

Cheers, Kevin
Old 11-19-07, 06:43 PM
Cool New Member

Thanks Kevin, is good to have some WOW people around.... Lol!!. i will be posting as soon as I get the orders, that's for sure...
I've placed 2 order for two diff. movies... one of them is Region 2 and the other Region 1. Both are "Despatched + email sent".
Order #1 Despatch Date = 19 Nov 2007
Order #2 Despatch Date = 15 Nov 2007
Actually as I said on a previous post, both orders went to "Despatch" a day before, 18 and 14 that is.....
Lets wait and see what happen...will be in touch.
Thanks
Nick.
Old 11-20-07, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Not all are good at CDWOW.

We´re a bunch of people in Europe waiting for parcels to arrive.

Personally, I´m waiting on four parcels supposedly shipped October 29th, October 30th, October 30th & November 2nd. None of these has arrived. I then asked for re-placemnts to be shipped as I feared they have gotten lost in the mail.

I later heard there has been a postal strike in the UK, and this could be the reason for the delay of arrivals.

Amazon made a notice of this on their website, but WOW has not. Why haven´t CDWOW made a notice of this strike, which could delay customers parcels?
Old 11-20-07, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My last 2 orders with them went very smooth. The last order took less than a week. I ordered on the 14th, it shipped on the 16th and i got it on the 19th. I live close to Albany, NY.
That was the fasted I ever got my order.

Dirk
Old 11-20-07, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don't understand...just order MOC DVDs from Amazon UK wherever ya are - if you get a whole bunch of dvds, the shipping will be cheaper. Their prices are excellent and they are fast...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.