Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

CDWOW: The Return - Discounts, Vouchers, Bargains, & Discussion

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

CDWOW: The Return - Discounts, Vouchers, Bargains, & Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-07, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In case anyone is interested:

the price of Superman 4 disc set r3 is 6.95 through the link
cars r3 is 6.95 through the link
House of Wax 2005 r3 is 2.99 through the link
Old 10-19-07, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Placed an order for 2 items on 10/03, Doctor Who: Robot and the 4-disc R2 Superman set. The Superman set shipped on the 8th and arrived a few days later. Still "pending dispatch" on the other item, however.
Old 10-19-07, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,026 Likes on 725 Posts
Originally Posted by Brent L
Did you send them an email through the site using the form? I first emailed them about the Scanners DVD using that method, and as expected, they told me exactly what they told you. From my experience, 9 out of 10 times when you contact CDWOW using the actual form on the site, they'll respond in a manner which will not make you happy - I take it that they just respond to inquiries made through the site with form letters, just to save time.

In order to really get help, you need to personally email one of the people that work there, such as Kevin that's been posting in this thread. It's been that way for me almost since I first started buying at CDWOW, and that's been years ago.

Try one of the following:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

EDIT:

For what it's worth, Kim is the CDWOW CSR that told me to keep or destroy the DVD and that they would send me e-vouchers to make up for the problem, and Samantha is the CDWOW CSR that actually emailed the e-vouchers to me. Both of the emails came from [email protected] as well. I'm not sure if those bits of info helps you guys, but there you go.
Thanks for this. I e-mailed another 2 or 3 times and finally said that I would expect an additional $10 for my efforts to package, drive to the post office, and stand in line to mail the DVD back. I said if that wasn't acceptable to forward the e-mail to a CS manager. They did so, and I had a refund shortly thereafter. Oh, I had also mentioned the option of a postage paid return mailer being sent to me.

I realize the option of refunding and telling a customer to keep (or discard) an incorrect item doesn't seem like the most obvious solution, but when you see the price of postage to return it is almost double their cost for the item, it's the only reasonable solution.

Now, I just hope the other two items that have been pending dispatch for a few weeks or so, actually ship.
Old 10-21-07, 08:33 PM

how on earth did you guys with the 'wrong' scanners problem get away with it? it clearly states that the dvd is the 2.0 version - only dts version listed is in the trilogy.

imo that's some pretty bad whinging, and looks like cd-wow have put in some good measures to stop abuse of the system
Old 10-21-07, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It looks like CDWOW has changed the listing for the DVD. Before it had the special features and everything listed. It's now listed correctly.
Old 10-21-07, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,026 Likes on 725 Posts
Originally Posted by steelpotato
how on earth did you guys with the 'wrong' scanners problem get away with it? it clearly states that the dvd is the 2.0 version - only dts version listed is in the trilogy.

imo that's some pretty bad whinging, and looks like cd-wow have put in some good measures to stop abuse of the system
You wouldn't have expected that they would have corrected the listing by now?

Also, a read of some of the other comments would have shown you that they had advertised the other version.

Abuse of the system? It would have cost them more for me to return the dvd. Where is the abuse?
Old 10-22-07, 03:44 PM

well, i guess that shows they are kind of getting there act together, as no, i wouldn't have expected it changed that quickly from the time of the problems - i haven't been on there since, and just looked up scanners.
wasn't meaning to be rude to anyone with the problem, for that price i'd get it for the dts upgrade myself (i am also a big fan of the film)
Old 10-23-07, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My experience was very mixed:
Received The Company of Wolves and The Last Emperor.
Received the wrong Scanners twice.
They canceled and credited me for Manhunter and A Few Good Men.
Old 10-23-07, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Same here. I ordered two DVDs. One of them shipped about a week after I placed my order. The other has been "pending dispatch" for almost three weeks now, and today I got a refund notification from WorldPay this morning. I've heard nothing from CD-WOW itself, however.
Old 10-23-07, 06:34 PM

Cancellation notification emails sometimes end up in spam/junk mailboxes.
Old 10-23-07, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by bdots48
My experience was very mixed:
Received The Company of Wolves and The Last Emperor.
Received the wrong Scanners twice.
They canceled and credited me for Manhunter and A Few Good Men.
Did you get the steelbook for The Company of Wolves? It's advertised on the site as the steelbook, but I received the Amaray...
Old 10-24-07, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by cine
Cancellation notification emails sometimes end up in spam/junk mailboxes.
There wasn't anything in there, and I still haven't received any word from CD-Wow itself. Very poor customer service on this one.
Old 10-25-07, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DVDude!
Did you get the steelbook for The Company of Wolves? It's advertised on the site as the steelbook, but I received the Amaray...
I did get the steelbook.
Old 10-30-07, 05:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I ordered "Hustle & Flow" Region 2 from cdwow and just got it, but I'm wondering where this particular DVD came from. It doesn't say "made in..." anywhere. Everything on the packaging is in English.

No UK ratings logos, and the one hint I guess, is the DVD has English 5.1 and Hungarian 5.1 (of all things).
Old 10-30-07, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by manicsounds
I ordered "Hustle & Flow" Region 2 from cdwow and just got it, but I'm wondering where this particular DVD came from. It doesn't say "made in..." anywhere. Everything on the packaging is in English.

No UK ratings logos, and the one hint I guess, is the DVD has English 5.1 and Hungarian 5.1 (of all things).
Those are the notorious R2/R5 - so called East Europe. CDWOW are known to sell R2/R5 cheap.
Old 10-31-07, 10:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ambassador
Any word on whether or not the new management will return to offering BFI titles or older MoC releases?
Hi Ambassador,
Sorry for the delay but only just got this info for you. I've added a new section for BFI titles;
http://www.cd-wow.us/product_list_2.php?dvd_list=400 - there are 25 titles there right now and we'll try to add to it over time.

We're also waiting on supplies of MoC titles, and they'll be available on http://www.cd-wow.us/product_list_2.php?dvd_list=550.
I'll let you know when it's updated.

I'll set up a Collector's Corner on the homepage as soon as we get the other catalogs from our suppliers so all these collections will be easily found.

Hope that helps!
Old 10-31-07, 01:01 PM
Banned

DVD Sale on CD WOW

Originally Posted by Brent L
Kevin, how about some new titles for the "Bargain Basement"?
Hi Brent,
I'm finally able to update the Bargain Basement. Check it out next week when the sale is over.

Speaking of which, there's a sale running on the US site right now which you might be interested in. My advice is to check out the US blog and click through to the sale using those links...
http://cdwowus.typepad.com/blog/2007...-sale-ext.html

We've added some great deals to the Sale page itself... but you'll find some nice deals on ALL titles through that link.

Enjoy!
Old 10-31-07, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by koloughlin
Hi Ambassador,
Sorry for the delay but only just got this info for you. I've added a new section for BFI titles;
http://www.cd-wow.us/product_list_2.php?dvd_list=400 - there are 25 titles there right now and we'll try to add to it over time.

We're also waiting on supplies of MoC titles, and they'll be available on http://www.cd-wow.us/product_list_2.php?dvd_list=550.

I'll set up a Collector's Corner on the homepage as soon as we get the other catalogs from our suppliers so all these collections will be easily found.

Hope that helps!
Super! Thanks a lot for this, Kevin. I'll be buying The Innocents in a couple of days.

Folks, some of these BFI titles are outstanding, and I hope we'll show Kevin and the rest of CD-Wow that there's a U.S. market for these DVDs. In particular, I highly recommend Edge of the World, Master of the House, and (if you don't want to go for Criterion's Cocteau boxset) Orphee.
Old 10-31-07, 03:43 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Just picked up The Innocents for $14.95 using the Iowa link. So glad I held off on getting this.
Old 10-31-07, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yep, I picked up The Innocents as well.

Thanks for all the great work Kevin!
Old 10-31-07, 07:17 PM

Kevin,

That would be a great feature!

Any chance CDWow will stock the upcoming R2 France edition of La Reine Margot?
Old 10-31-07, 07:30 PM
Banned

Nice to see Edward Munch MoC!
Old 11-01-07, 04:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hi Ambassador,

Hope that helps!
Thanks, Kevin. Great to see these BFI titles up, but there are a few major BFI's conspicuously absent - like THEOREM and the recently released SVANKMAJER and PAINLEVE sets. Any chance of adding them soon?

Also, it would be great to see some Artificial Eye stuff on the site. That Eric Rohmer: Early Works set looks really interesting.
Old 11-01-07, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ordered The Innocents as well.
Old 11-01-07, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Like an idiot, I finally bit the bullet on The Innocents and got a copy off ebay just last week -- for a lot more than CDWOW is now selling it for.

Ah well. At least I'm hoping some of the sting of that transaction will be relieved by CDWOW soon stocking some of those other coveted BFI discs, like the Svankmajer and Painleve sets.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.