Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

R2 Manhunter 2disc edition

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-07, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone tell me anything about this R2 version of Manhunter? Anyone out there have it? Is the quality the same as the old Anchor Bay ones or is it better. I just want a widescreen copy of Manhunter without having to buy the R1 Collection since I already have both Hannibal and Silence.

http://www2.cd-wow.com/detail_result...subcat=region2
Old 02-12-07, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Here is a review. Doesn't sound that great. The best Manhunter DVD's are the R2 Japanese DTS release that has the "real" theatrical cut and the OOP Anchorbay Divimax Director's Cut. This Director's Cut is different from Anchorbay's previous Director's Cut on the LE in that it drops a scene where Graham meets Dr. Chilton. I don't believe the actual theatrical cut has ever been released in the US in widescreen unless the new set has it.

The review is provided by the Manhunter Complete Resource Site which has reviews of Manhunter discs from all over the world.

Last edited by Subgeniusguy; 02-12-07 at 09:34 PM.
Old 02-12-07, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I bought it for $6.95, how bad can it be? My local used store almost always has the OOP Anchor Bay version, I've just not gotten around to buying it yet.