International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Laetitia Casta

Old 01-28-07, 02:25 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Laetitia Casta

Info courtesy of Ecranlarge:

On January 2 Studio Canal released a documentary (total of 82 min.) on the life and work of (my avatar) Laetitia Casta. Having seen the review I decided to post the new here.

Of course this is a must-buy for me

Pro-B

Last edited by pro-bassoonist; 01-28-07 at 02:32 AM.
Old 01-28-07, 03:37 AM

One of the most beautiful women that has ever graced this planet. Not sure what could be said for 82 minutes though? Could you link that review or is it not in English?
Old 01-28-07, 08:48 AM

It's about her ten years career as a model and as an actress, with Haute Couture celebrities,Yves Saint Laurent, Jean-Paul Gaultier,
Jean-Paul Goude, Dominique Issermann, Inès de la Fressange.
We used to see her in dramas or dark films, the last one is a comedy and Laetitia is very good.

THE BIG APARTMENT
Director : Pascal Thomas
Casting : Laetitia Casta, Mathieu Amalric, Pierre Arditi
Story :
Martin Cigalone and his wife Francesa live a carefree life, without realising that they are surrounded by a hostile and cold universe that is closing in around them. They are not in line with the times, in an era whre bistrots are replaced by banks, bookshops by clothes shops... a tim where bankers want to teach children stock-market speculation instead of Latin.

Martin teaches cinema at a high school, Francesca is a translator. They are dreamers. Their flat in itself is a dream. It is huge and costs practically nothing because the rent agreement comes under a special French law of 1948. It is an overpopulated flat because they have turned it into an asylum for all those who need a home to survive. This happiness is threatened. Even if the ultramaterialistic system which surrounds them has forgotten them for the moment, the unavoidable happens : the owners want their flat back...

Production : Les Films Français, StudioCanal
Old 01-28-07, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by PotVsKtl
Could you link that review or is it not in English?

Voila...
http://www.ecranlarge.com/test-dvd-2253.php

Pro-B