Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone else getting loose/scratched discs in THE HOST LE Gift Box Set?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-07, 05:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just received my THE HOST LE gift box set from YesAsia.com. Upon opening this beautifully designed set I found two of the four discs dislodged from their amaray holders. Mild to moderate scratches were found on Disc 1 and Disc 2. (Some freezing on Disc 1). Anyone else having these issues? Since the set is now considered Oop on YesAsia I'm concerned I might not be able to get a replacement for this damaged disc.

Last edited by TheDoug; 01-23-07 at 05:28 AM.
Old 01-23-07, 10:00 AM

not had that no. i got the standard one, but no 'floaters'. not heard of the issue either. contact yesasia - their OOP notice might be "we dont have it in stock right now, but we might have in the future"; that's often the case.
Old 01-23-07, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts
Nope - I got the 4-disc box too, and all 4 discs were snug as a bug in a rug.
Old 01-23-07, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by TheDoug
Just received my THE HOST LE gift box set from YesAsia.com. Upon opening this beautifully designed set I found two of the four discs dislodged from their amaray holders. Mild to moderate scratches were found on Disc 1 and Disc 2. (Some freezing on Disc 1). Anyone else having these issues? Since the set is now considered Oop on YesAsia I'm concerned I might not be able to get a replacement for this damaged disc.
I just heard from their customer service department and they're more than willing to give me a credit but note that since's its a limted edition and they're out of stock that they don't forsee re-stocking it. I can either ship them my whole set and try to purchase it elsewhere (and take my chances on another set) or live with the scratches! Hmmm.
Old 01-23-07, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I hope that doesn't happen to me. My LE of The Host is due to come in this week. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 01-23-07, 11:02 PM

I got mine from DVDfromKOREA, and the 3rd disc was loose when I opened the beautiful box, however fortunately there's no scratch.
Old 01-23-07, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I should get mine tomorrow, and I heard about similar problems on theimportforums.com.
Old 01-24-07, 02:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Originally Posted by chaos2046
I got mine from DVDfromKOREA, and the 3rd disc was loose when I opened the beautiful box, however fortunately there's no scratch.
Exact same issue. It wasn't exactly rattling around either, given the tight quarters, although I haven't checked it in my player yet.
Old 01-24-07, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by TheDoug
I just heard from their customer service department and they're more than willing to give me a credit but note that since's its a limted edition and they're out of stock that they don't forsee re-stocking it. I can either ship them my whole set and try to purchase it elsewhere (and take my chances on another set) or live with the scratches! Hmmm.
I've since emailed YesAsia again regarding just replacing the 1 disc, and they're adament that since its listed as OOP as a set I'd have to send the whole set back for credit. Geez..I thought they'd be able to get a new disc from K-D Media, but I guess not. I played said disc and it plays fairly well with only one very brief freeze point (5 seconds). I guess I'm stuck with it.
I could re-invest in the 3 disc set and replace Disc 1 on my own...hmmm.
Thanks for all the feedback on this one. :-)

Last edited by TheDoug; 01-24-07 at 03:50 PM.