Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Joon-ho Bong's 'The Host' (Dec. 27th)

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Joon-ho Bong's 'The Host' (Dec. 27th)

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-07, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When the hell is Cd-Wow gonna carry this? They've carried Korean sets before (Tom Yum Goong, Duelist), why not this one? Seeing as how China is only gonna start showing it theatrically come March, there's no hope for an HK release until May or June.
Old 01-25-07, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by dullboy
When the hell is Cd-Wow gonna carry this? They've carried Korean sets before (Tom Yum Goong, Duelist), why not this one? Seeing as how China is only gonna start showing it theatrically come March, there's no hope for an HK release until May or June.
theres been quite a shift (since the new year) in cd-wows buying policy, and the range of stuff its possible to pick up - some 'major' obscure titles like 'memories of matsuko' and 'silk' or 'dorm' aren't appearing, but some other stuff like 'a battle whits' is and this suggests a policy shift towards stuff more guaranteed to sell larger quantities.
Old 01-25-07, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't see why they think The Host won't be a good seller. Guess I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and pay more money for it through Yesasia.
Old 01-29-07, 07:34 PM

CD Wow now list a standard R3 release for $11.95 via Iowa link with voucher, here

Released on the 15th Feb, but no dts soundtrack it would seem
Old 01-29-07, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I was wodendering the same in regards to cd-wow. they do offer Dorm now though logboy.
Old 01-29-07, 09:35 PM
Tek

Just received and watched the R3 3 disc-er...
I agree with Zombeaner, on the wind-down CG, but overall the critter effects are pretty cool.
Good, entertaining, escapism.
No awards for acting, LOL!

I see CDWOW is showing the aspect at 2.35 for that standard release.
I suspect it's really the proper 16x9 screen filler.
Old 01-31-07, 10:44 AM

I watched the Host yesterday and was very pleased with the movie and the LE gift set. Took exactly two weeks to arrive from the retailer. A lot of people were either disappointed or loved it. It is sad, warm, funny, and a little creepy. Not the normal horror or monster genre but intelligently shot and executed – must be why it was so popular in S. Korea. The dvd picture quality was excellent and the packaging and extras phenomenal.