Two Australian on-line stores, www.jbhifionline.com.au
are selling more or less the same boxed sets of ITC television series from the 60s and 70s for $Au50 each, which is less than half retail.
The series included are:
- The Saint, in five 6-disc sets. Sets 1-3 are B&W, the others color.
- Danger Man, 39 half-hour episodes, 6 discs (The hour episodes have yet to be released Down Under.)
- The Baron, 8 discs, 30 episodes
- Man in a Suitcase, 8 discs, 30 episodes
- Department S, 7 discs, 28 episodes
- Randall & Hopkirk (Deceased), 7 discs, 26 episodes
- Jason King, 8 discs, 28 episodes (I think)
- Return of the Saint (not sure how many discs or episodes)
These go for around $Au120-130 each normally. At current US/Aussie exchange rates, and taking into consideration shipping charges (which tend to be quite high) these sets still come out to around $US50 each, which is, for the most part, a great deal cheaper than their UK and American counterparts (when such counterparts exist at all...)
The company putting these out, Umbrella Entertainment, does not put region codes on the discs, but they are in PAL. I own both Department S and Man in a Suitcase, and can testify to the quality of their encoding; they also have quite extensive liner notes, commentaries, isolated music tracks, etc. They're on-line at www.umbrellaent.com.au
Both companies listed ship to the USA. Devoted takes PayPal -- PayPal will convert $US to $Au at no extra charge. Devoted also removes GST, or Goods and Services Tax, which is about 9%, but as their shipping charges are higher, the prices tend to be quite close to each other.
I hope this is of interest to people here with a love of the classic (and not-so-classic) ITC series of the 60s and 70s...