Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Best HK Film Commentator Bey Logan or Ric Meyers?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-06, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Who do you guys think is the better commentator on Hong Kong/Asian cinema? Bey Logan, formerly of Hong Kong Legends and now with The Weinstein Company or Ric Meyers, who normally does commentary on a bunch of Tai Seng Releases?
Old 09-09-06, 01:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First up,

there has NEVER been a good "commentary" by Ric Meyers. The guy is long past becoming a laughing stock, with new fans often knowing more than him. His "commentaries" are largely made up of guesses and mis-information when it comes to the old school kung fu films. It's truly sad that anyone gives him a forum of this type to spread his mis-information to fans that care. I say look at none of them if you want correct information on a film or if you want the film treated with any sort of respect.

As for Bey, pick nearly any Golden Harvest film. The Police Story films, Project A, Prodigal Son, and Magnificent Butcher are good ones.
Old 09-09-06, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess I prefer Bey Logan (thank you Medusa)... I usually skip any Ric commentaries.
Old 09-09-06, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
I think your right about Ric Meyers not knowing what the hell he's talking about. On most of his commentaries he's either with Bobby Samuels or that marketing guy from Tai Seng and they seem to do most of the talking. It's almost like he does zero research and relies on these guys to chime in.