Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

eHit.com Netflix like for Asian movies, anyone tried them?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-02, 07:10 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I just got an emai from friend about ehit.com, a NetFlix like store but rents out Asian DVDs. They charge the same as netflix, but has anyone tried them? I've used Netflix for almost a year and very happy with it, but their Asian titles are too limited. So if ehit is good, might switch.

DVD Talk link to Ehit
Old 04-16-03, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

bringing a thread back from the grave...
I just got this email
I wanna try them, because there are quite a few HK movies I want to see but not buy

anybody have any experience with them?
Old 05-28-03, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Was looking into something like this too, and came across your thread.

From what I can see, the process looks like it's rather painless to try out for yourself. Buy $50 worth of points ($1 = 1 point) and each rental costs X amount of points (looks like features cost 2.75 points each). Unlimited is about the same as you would find at other online rental stores. The problem is finding the movie you want - it seems like they are missing several "must have" Asian films, like MY WIFE IS A GANSTER and SO CLOSE, among others.

I would personally have a hard time finding $50 worth of movies to try out from them.

Jeremy
Old 05-29-03, 09:59 AM

I'm pretty close to giving these guys a shot, only if they carried more of the recent movies, like korean and japanese flix. But the 2free weeks might be worth a shot.
Old 05-30-03, 07:03 AM

I didn't look real hard but it seems they only carry R0 discs.
Old 05-30-03, 12:24 PM

Yeah, I went there last month or so with my list in hand. Mostly Korean movies I want to see. Used search to go down my list and got NO hits.

Of course, several Korean movies are available from NetFlix, so those weren't on my list anymore.

Any rental service that doesn't offer me R3 discs is going to be no better than NetFlix, so why bother?

eHit may have a better selection of R0 HK discs (not sure, I didn't really look), but at about $5.50 each from DDDHouse or Coola, you could purchase 3 blind for the cost of each monthly rental.
Old 03-08-04, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I signed up today for a 10 day trial membership. Terms thereafter are 4 out for $20/month. EHit is located in California which means my selections will probably take 3-5 days to reach me. On the plus side, the site permits members to notify them when selctions have been mailed, so no need to wait for them to actually receive the discs before sending more.

As to selection. EHit has a meager selection of Japanese and Korean DVDs. Those that they do have seem to all be checked out. As to HK discs, they seem to have the widest selection I've seen available for rent anywhere, but as Divemaster noted for $20 a month I could buy three HK discs elsewhere, so I'm not sure whether I'll stick with EHit after the free trial period. I'll report more in a few days.
Old 03-09-04, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by divemaster
eHit may have a better selection of R0 HK discs (not sure, I didn't really look), but at about $5.50 each from DDDHouse or Coola, you could purchase 3 blind for the cost of each monthly rental.
I'm confused about the math here.

I'm on the $20 a month plan and am getting about 12 discs a month. That's less than $2 a disc. For R0 discs, I've pretty much sworn off DDDHouse (unless I really want to keep the movie). I used to buy HK movies from them because that was pretty much the only way I could watch them.
Old 03-09-04, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by Peep
I'm confused about the math here.

I'm on the $20 a month plan and am getting about 12 discs a month. That's less than $2 a disc.
Perhaps it's the term "monthly rental" in Divemaster's post that's confusing you. I interpreted Divemaster to be saying that for the price of one month's subscription he could purchase 3 discs. So the choice would be between renting 12 discs or purchasing 3. With renting you see more new movies per month for your money, but with purchasing you accumulate a library of films available whenever you want to see them.
Old 03-09-04, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
I think we had a discussion about this a little while back, but why not just use www.nicheflix.com -- large selection, multiple regions, about $25/mo.
Old 03-09-04, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by Tuan Jim
I think we had a discussion about this a little while back, but why not just use www.nicheflix.com -- large selection, multiple regions, about $25/mo.
Based on a very quick look at nicheflix's site here's the differences I see between the two services:

Best selection of HK titles: EHit
Best selection of non-HK titles: Nicheflix
Terms of basic membership: EHit 4 out for $20. Nicheflix 3 out for $24.95
Returns: EHit sends out new titles as soon as member checks titles as returned on the account summary page. Nicheflix does not send out new titles until old titles are returned.

Once I've exhausted my appetite for HK fare, I'll likely move on to nicheflix's wider selection.
Old 03-09-04, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Yakuza Bengoshi
Based on a very quick look at nicheflix's site here's the differences I see between the two services:

Best selection of HK titles: EHit
Best selection of non-HK titles: Nicheflix
Terms of basic membership: EHit 4 out for $20. Nicheflix 3 out for $24.95
Returns: EHit sends out new titles as soon as member checks titles as returned on the account summary page. Nicheflix does not send out new titles until old titles are returned.

Once I've exhausted my appetite for HK fare, I'll likely move on to nicheflix's wider selection.
I am currently a member at both sites, although I'll probably let my Nicheflix account run out in a couple of months when I've run through their better titles. As for EHit's return policy, I believe that you can only check titles as 'returned' seven days after they were shipped. Since I usually watch movies the night I get them and mail them back the next day, I've never had a movie out longer than 7 days.
Old 02-15-06, 08:08 AM

nondelivery from ehit

wonder anyone encounter the same problem. ehit claimed to have sent out 4 DVDs but never received. that's means a week is lost being in MW. suspect it's throttling of the worst type. happens more than once.
Old 02-16-06, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I let my ehit account laspe way back when because their shipping was slow.
or your discs could have got lost in the mail.

Last edited by squidget; 02-16-06 at 03:01 PM.
Old 02-17-06, 01:33 PM

I believe the stamp mark on envelope is computer generated @ ehit, thus actual shipping date may be different than printed. I've shipment that took 8 days to arrive while most in 4. With current monthly fee of $19.95 & cost of postage is $1.26/2, I consider 16 DVD/mo be a reasonable expectation allowing ehit 50% profit.