Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Battlestar Galactica (new version) miniseries.

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-05, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone have the R2 version of this ? Im tempted to get it but am thinking maybe the R1 version will have extras like commentary tracks etc.

Anyone heard when the R1 may be released ?
Old 04-08-05, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ummm, the miniseries has been out since December... but if you mean Season 1 of the series I don't think a release date has been announced yet for R1
Old 04-08-05, 09:56 PM

I to have not seen a release date for the R1 set of season 1 but with season 2 set to air in July, I would imagine a R1 DVD set isn't far from being announced. I'm also waiting to see how the features stack up before buying the R2.
Old 04-09-05, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Miniseries or Season 1?

If you are talking about the miniseries (the 2 part pilot), I have both versions. I got the R1 for the extras but overall I prefer the R2 release. Something I haven't put my finger on yet. I haven't done a compairson by frame yet, but the colors on the zone 1 seem a bit off to me.

If you mean the series season 1.... I have the R2 and feel the image quality is supurb. There are only delete scene extras on the R2 (about 50 minutes) and the release does have the feel of a quickly produced product... ie, menus, images etc. However, again, image is great as is the sound. I wouldn't be surprised if the R1 has a better set of extras when it gets released. Haven't heard of a date on that yet.

Jim

Originally Posted by Dazed
Anyone have the R2 version of this ? Im tempted to get it but am thinking maybe the R1 version will have extras like commentary tracks etc.

Anyone heard when the R1 may be released ?
Old 04-10-05, 01:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

thanks, looks like ill hold off for the moment to see what the R1 will be like.
Old 04-11-05, 04:20 PM

My guess is the R1 will come out in December, like the mini did. Universal knows that once they release the R1, the sales of the R2 will go way down, so they want to sell as many copies of the R2 as they can. If it isn't announced by the end of this month, then there is no way it will be out before Season 2 starts in July.
Old 04-13-05, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got the season one release from the UK and just love it. It is packaged like Warner Bros sets like Smallville and Everwood (a plus, because that type of packaging elimates the potentail for "floaters," a plus when ordering from over seas) and it has 45 minutes of deleted scenes. AND NO FLIPPERS! That was a huge plus. I suppose they are planning on commentaries for the region one release, but I hardly ever listen to those, so that wasn't a motivation for me to wait.