Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Transformers 20th anniversary dvd collection

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 02-20-05, 01:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Transformers

Is this a bootleg ? ive seen them on ebay as well .. region 0 .. english with chinese subtitles .. all the menus are in chinese as well ?
nice wooden box tho with some extras .. im wondering how is the quality ?
Old 02-20-05, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 229 Likes on 157 Posts
Originally Posted by Jetjaguar
Transformers

Is this a bootleg ? ive seen them on ebay as well .. region 0 .. english with chinese subtitles .. all the menus are in chinese as well ?
nice wooden box tho with some extras .. im wondering how is the quality ?
It's legit. The box is also pretty delicate

I believe there was another thread in this forum that had more pics.
Old 02-20-05, 12:26 PM

I want it!

where can I buy it?
Old 02-20-05, 02:10 PM

I've got the set and the box is EXTREMELY delicate. It is also extremely cool. The problem is knowing what the actual run is. If there were only 888 made as some say, then there are a LOT of boots out there, so be careful. I'm extremely happy with the one I got, but I'm suspicious that it may be a boot. That's why I say be careful. I'd spend the money I spent, boot or no, because the box is so frickin cool and the quality is pretty damn good too. As for where to get it, you can hit ebay, or there is a site out there where I got mine from, but like I said, I'm not sure if it's a boot or not, so I'm hesitant to post the site. PM me if you want to know, though.
Old 02-20-05, 02:27 PM

im thinking bout it .. its weird .. that koreandvd site says 66 dollars .. they are like 20 or ebay auctions .. some are 60ish dollars .. then there is like 1 or 2 and its 199 LOL .. so its so hard to tell .. but i really want one because its all the episodes .. when u say the box is very delicate .. like how >?
Old 02-20-05, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 649 Likes on 449 Posts
There are two Chinese releases of Tranformers on DVD. One is the limited edition wooden box. The other is just all the episodes on DVD. Ebay has a few of the non-limited edition ones for relatively cheap. Those are the ones selling for approx. $60. Also, remember that auction prices go up the closer it is to the closing time. So most of those limited edition boxes are going to skyrocket near the end of the action.

This site has some pictures of the two DVD releases:
http://www.chinartking.com/dvd/trans/trans.htm

Last edited by Jay G.; 02-20-05 at 02:47 PM.
Old 02-20-05, 03:04 PM

so the ones on the site u just sent are all legit ?.. so its 120 for the limited box set ..
Old 02-20-05, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Jay G.
There are two Chinese releases of Tranformers on DVD. One is the limited edition wooden box. The other is just all the episodes on DVD. Ebay has a few of the non-limited edition ones for relatively cheap. Those are the ones selling for approx. $60. Also, remember that auction prices go up the closer it is to the closing time. So most of those limited edition boxes are going to skyrocket near the end of the action.

This site has some pictures of the two DVD releases:
http://www.chinartking.com/dvd/trans/trans.htm

hmm the site has 2 different prices for the LE box .. 120 shipped thru ups .. then if u click on the title for more info it says 80 shipped thru ups ?? doesnt make sense .. any help would be appreciated as i might order this
Old 02-20-05, 06:22 PM

Wow, that is a pretty cool set....
Old 02-20-05, 06:32 PM

As far as how delicate it is, I have the "limited" box and the red border around the Autobot symbol has cracked. Nothing too bad that some super glue wouldn't fix. The guy I bought mine from has a site that's selling the, again "limited" set for I think $82 shipped UPS and I had mine in less than a week from HK to CO.
Old 02-22-05, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts
how is the audio/video quality of this set?
Old 02-22-05, 03:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 649 Likes on 449 Posts
Originally Posted by Jetjaguar
hmm the site has 2 different prices for the LE box .. 120 shipped thru ups .. then if u click on the title for more info it says 80 shipped thru ups ?? doesnt make sense .. any help would be appreciated as i might order this
The main page used to list $82 as well. It looks like the seller upped the price, but fogot to change it on all the pages. I wouldn't recommend buying from that site anyway, his paypal account was suspended when I tried purchasing it.