Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Looking for best deal on Internal Affrairs trilogy

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Looking for best deal on Internal Affrairs trilogy

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-05, 01:32 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for best deal on Infernal Affrairs trilogy

I found some on ebay for 15 bux but shipping is horrible...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...368917641&rd=1

Last edited by SaigonaZn69; 02-17-05 at 11:35 PM.
Old 02-16-05, 08:40 PM
Banned

bump
Old 02-16-05, 11:07 PM

I would personally be very suspicious of such a low buy it now price on eBay for a 3 movie set. Despite the seller's protestations to the contrary, it could well be a boot. My personal policy is to avoid eBay for import DVDs.
Old 02-17-05, 01:03 AM

that's an authentic trilogy...produced by mainland china. meaning it's in mandarin with no cantonese (original film is in cantonese).
Old 02-17-05, 09:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The price is low, but it's definitely not the best set out there.
Old 02-17-05, 12:14 PM

...just passing
Old 02-17-05, 12:15 PM

A little bit of advice

If you really want this set then get it. Don't mess about. Once it's gone that's it.

Still listed as in stock here
Old 02-17-05, 09:31 PM
Banned

any vendors that take paypal?
Old 02-17-05, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
Daniel, are those your pics or did you snag them from a retailer site? I'd love to add some of them to my review.
Old 02-17-05, 11:40 PM
Banned

wow that set is a beauty, problem is the most i've ever spent on a dvd is 40 bucks... is that set really worth over a hundred bucks?
Old 02-18-05, 12:39 AM

Not my images. They are from the Web, although I did have to tidy them up.

I'm sure if you put a disclaimer on the images there would be no reason why you can't use them.
Old 02-18-05, 01:29 AM
Banned

that site that you gave, is it reliable? if so ill order immediately!
Old 02-18-05, 06:04 AM

www.xploitedcinema.com ?

Very helpful company.
Old 02-18-05, 08:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ordered my House of Flying Dagger HK LE from them, and everything went well. If I already didn't own the Infernal Affairs Trilogy, I would order it from them for that price, but be warned that shipping will be a bit high because the box is pretty big.
Old 02-18-05, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by SaigonaZn69
wow that set is a beauty, problem is the most i've ever spent on a dvd is 40 bucks... is that set really worth over a hundred bucks?
Review here:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=14508
Old 02-19-05, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by Josh Z
Thanks for the link. I really, really enjoyed the original Infernal Affairs, but the review has pretty much confirmed my doubts regarding parts 2 and 3. Don't think it worth my time or money getting those.
Old 02-19-05, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Ahab
Thanks for the link. I really, really enjoyed the original Infernal Affairs, but the review has pretty much confirmed my doubts regarding parts 2 and 3. Don't think it worth my time or money getting those.
Ummmm, but I say really nice things about part 2 and don't exactly badmouth part 3?

I think they're worth watching, at least, even if you're skeptical. Maybe don't pick up the expensive box set, but the cheaper standalone editions are worth your time.
Old 02-19-05, 10:56 AM

Ummmm, but I say really nice things about part 2 and don't exactly badmouth part 3?

I think they're worth watching, at least, even if you're skeptical. Maybe don't pick up the expensive box set, but the cheaper standalone editions are worth your time.
I didn't get the impression from your review that parts 2 and 3 were bad movies, rather that they fell rather short of the first movie. And I've gotten the same feeling reading other reviews. Guess I'm one of those people who don't mind not knowing as much as I can about what the main characters did prior to or after what is shown in the original movie. The only reason I could see for checking them out would be if the consesus seemed to be that parts 2 and 3 were on the same level of quality as that first movie.
Old 02-20-05, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Ahab
I didn't get the impression from your review that parts 2 and 3 were bad movies, rather that they fell rather short of the first movie. And I've gotten the same feeling reading other reviews. Guess I'm one of those people who don't mind not knowing as much as I can about what the main characters did prior to or after what is shown in the original movie. The only reason I could see for checking them out would be if the consesus seemed to be that parts 2 and 3 were on the same level of quality as that first movie.
I think it should be looked at not as one good movie and two sequels, but as a complete entity broken into three parts. There are some ups and downs along the way, but the sum total is greater than any of the individual pieces.

You wouldn't skip The Two Towers and Return of the King because you heard they weren't as good as Fellowship of the Ring, would you?
Old 02-20-05, 11:29 PM

You wouldn't skip The Two Towers and Return of the King because you heard they weren't as good as Fellowship of the Ring, would you?
'Fraid that's a bad example since I disliked FotR so much I never went on to the next two movies. Also, the LOTR is one long story, only broken into a 'trilogy' because of its length.

In any case, I think a more apt analogy might be the Godfather movies. I have very much enjoyed I & II but have little interest in watching III. I've always felt that the ending of II was so powerful that any attempt to follow the further adventures of Michael C. would be anti-climactic. (Actually I felt the same about I, but the reviews for II were so glowing that I had to check it out.) I kind of have the same feeling with the ending of Infernal Affairs.

Anyways, I'm not like this about all movies and their sequels. Have lately been having fun working my way through the Zatoichi series.