Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Kung Fu Hustle: man i can't wait!

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Kung Fu Hustle: man i can't wait!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-05, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts
Originally Posted by Shiv Shankly
The new R3 looks like it's uncut; I jumped through the disc last night to look at it, and I noticed that the turd had not been erased as in the R1. Not quite sure why the book they included only has an early section of the screenplay, and not all of it, but whatever.
How does the picture quality compare to the R1 release?
Old 09-24-05, 08:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KUE vs HKSE

Originally Posted by notvandnobeer
No, the first one is the Korean Ultimate Edition and the second is the Hong Kong Special Edition.
of those two wich set is better?
Old 09-24-05, 11:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the Hong Kong SE and from what I can tell by looking at the pictures of the Korean SE at DVDAsian, the first two discs are the same on both sets. The disc art and the screenplay booklet look identical. On the HK discs, the menus and subtitles (including the one for the commentary) are available in English, Korean and Chinese, so basically the HK SE consists of dvds that can be utilized in other regions of Asia. However, this is all an educated guess as I do not own the Korean SE for comparison.

The packaging of the Korean set looks very nice whereas the HK set consists of an amaray case, a booklet, and a flimsy slipcover. Also, I believe the disc 3 documentary is available on its own.
Old 09-30-05, 06:55 AM

Sensasian lists a new Kung Fu Hustle - Figure Edition today:

http://www.sensasian.com/view/product.cgi/EN/V10408C-D

Their newsletter also lists a whole slew of interesting special editions including War of the Worlds - Emergency Box, Top Gun - MA1 w/flight jacket, Species Trilogy.

Also the most curious item is this figure/vinyl toy:
http://www.sensasian.com/view/product.cgi/EN/T1088H
Old 10-05-05, 10:30 PM

Just to let you all know (if interested) I am in Mainland China and was at large electronics store and they had the DVD with figurine, the full uncut 5.1 DTS Canonese with english subtitles. What they don't tell you is that the these are limited to 5000 and there is a signed and numbered card of Stephen Chow. I just bought it cuz it was about $15 USD and the DVD without figure was $5. I figured what he hell, I am allready used to paying $15-$20 anyways. I just didn't expect the signed card. It is a pretty impressive package, If you don't want to splurge for the big $ set, get this one!
Old 10-06-05, 01:57 AM

I've been looking for a good price online for that figurine set...... don't think I'm going to find it for $15 USD though..

How much would postage cost to the UK from where you are?