Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Oldboy UE thread part two: The Revenge!

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Oldboy UE thread part two: The Revenge!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-04, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Sent an email to Koreandvds asking them to check my copy of Old Boy for damage before sending and if damaged, to include me in their request to Starmax for replacement. Their speedy reply:

Dear Customer

We know why the digipak is damaged, so we will send it not to be damaged. So don’t worry about tit. You will receive it without any damage.

Your order will be shipped within December 22~24.

Thanks.

From www.koreandvds.com
So, I shouldn't worry about tit - but what about the DVD cases? How do you suppose they're gonna go about shipping it without damage? Wouldn't it have gotten damaged from being shipped to them?
Old 12-20-04, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wish they would send me that email so I wouldn't have to worry about tit anymore either.
Old 12-20-04, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Trigger
So, I shouldn't worry about tit - but what about the DVD cases? How do you suppose they're gonna go about shipping it without damage? Wouldn't it have gotten damaged from being shipped to them?
I've never ordered from Koreandvds, but if they are based in Korea, it's possible that the cases avoided damage. The irony is that the piece of foam was placed on the wrong side of the case, exposing the keepcases to the rivets. If that piece of foam were packed on the correct side (the one adjacent to the rivets) none of this would have happened. I'm guessing Koreandvds remedied this... but it would require them to break the seal on the outer, purple box. Hopefully, you are not intending to use it as a gift.
Old 12-20-04, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I hope they took the time to make sure mine will be ok before they shipped it out on the 14th.
Old 12-20-04, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Trigger
Sent an email to Koreandvds asking them to check my copy of Old Boy for damage before sending and if damaged, to include me in their request to Starmax for replacement. Their speedy reply:

See my earlier post: "KoreanDVDs had actually opened the set and placed bubble wrap inside the copper case, but there was still some damage to the digipacks."

So you will probably still have some marks on your digipacks, although they will be much lighter than what has been seen so far. I was surprised that they didn't switch around the foam as DrGerbil suggested, they just put a piece of bubble wrap inside the case. They did open the seal but I couldn't really tell they had done so.
Old 12-20-04, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by ehonauer
See my earlier post: "KoreanDVDs had actually opened the set and placed bubble wrap inside the copper case, but there was still some damage to the digipacks."

So you will probably still have some marks on your digipacks, although they will be much lighter than what has been seen so far. I was surprised that they didn't switch around the foam as DrGerbil suggested, they just put a piece of bubble wrap inside the case. They did open the seal but I couldn't really tell they had done so.

So the bubble wrap wasn't part of the original packing? Mine came from DVDAsian and it also had some bubble wrap on the inside of the tin.
Old 12-20-04, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I ordered one previously from YesAsia and there was no bubblewrap inside the copper case.
Old 12-22-04, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Looks like this puppy is gone now - out of stock at KoreanDVDs.com.

Still available at HKflix for $199, and this place, which I've never heard of, for $116: http://hanbooks.com/olliuledr4di.html
Old 12-22-04, 09:30 PM
Cool New Member

DVDfromKorea has it listed as in stock for $93.99.

I recently bought stuff from them, and it was smooth all the way.
Old 12-23-04, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Indeed, it is. Funny, they were out of stock a couple of weeks ago.
Old 12-23-04, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, I got my Oldboy UE from KoreanDVDs in the mail today. Two of the things are damaged, but not really all that much. The two that are damaged are the Ult. Movie and the Ult. Supplement I cases.

Also, they shipped it to me in a nomal brown box. As I opened the top of the brown box, laying on top of the bubble wrap that was around the purple box, was a DVD in a plastic sleeve. The film is listed as Time To Die on the DVD itself, released by a company called Daum I do believe. When I put it in, it says it's called Expect To Die. What exactly is this and why did they put this in my package?

The reviews for this movie sound great!

I just hope this DVD isn't a message from the Grim Reaper!!!

For the record, the number of my Oldboy UE set is 0288.

Last edited by BrentLumkin; 12-23-04 at 11:46 AM.
Old 12-26-04, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

One of these just sold on eBay for only $110, shipping included. The seller and winner both had 0 feedback though.
Old 12-26-04, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by BrentLumkin
One of these just sold on eBay for only $110, shipping included. The seller and winner both had 0 feedback though.

Yeah, I'm the buyer. I don't usually buy off of ebay, and I'm bit nervous about the seller. I know I'm legit. I'll post again once I have it in my hands.
Old 12-26-04, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Miyazaki
Yeah, I'm the buyer. I don't usually buy off of ebay, and I'm bit nervous about the seller. I know I'm legit. I'll post again once I have it in my hands.
Only $8 for shipping? Even if he sends it parcel post, i'm sure it will be at least $10. Nice deal!
Old 12-26-04, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Cool, keep us updated on this Miyazaki!
Old 12-27-04, 03:39 AM
Cool New Member

Oldboy UE replacement program has ended.

Starmax has posted a new msg to it's Oldboy website regarding the replacement program. I haven't done a complete translation of this, as I couldn't be arsed (too much drinkin & eating )
But all the important stuff is there!

OLD BOY - UE - Related Information. 2004.12.24

1. The replacement digipak program has ended and the replacements for the damaged digipak's have been sent out. Hopefully you will receive your exchanged product soon.

2. We apologise for people who reported that they had damaged film cell (Kang Hye Jung's), for those 4 who applied to get it exchanged, we apologise that we could not send it out. We will get it ready to send out next week.

3. For people who applied for exchange of digipak after 20th DEC, we will exchange the digipak, but postage will be charged to people who applied after 20th.

4. We recieved lots of love and support from Oldboy mania fans for OLDBOY DVD homepage, unfortunately, it will be closing down on 31st of december 2004. We thank all the fans who have shown interest, and we will see you soon with another movie homepage.

5. We deeply apologise for trouble we have caused to customers, and we hope you have wonderful and prosperous new year. we will come back with new and exciting title. HAPPY NEW YEAR.
Old 12-27-04, 07:54 AM

NO TIN REPLACEMENTS AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A TOTAL JOKE! mines a complete mess and I may as well stick the piece of crap in the bin! these guys are dicks and I hope they go bust!
Old 12-27-04, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Sort of off topic:

If not purchasing the UE of Oldboy, should one get the Final Edition or that other one?
Old 12-27-04, 07:23 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Romerojpg
NO TIN REPLACEMENTS AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A TOTAL JOKE! mines a complete mess and I may as well stick the piece of crap in the bin! these guys are dicks and I hope they go bust!
Did you actually email them about the copper case being damaged?
Try again, or contact the store you bought it from.
Old 12-27-04, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Did anyone get any feedback from YesAsia? A friend of mine who ordered it through them responded to their emails from phone numbers and tin number, but they did not get back to him.
Old 12-27-04, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by movieking
Did anyone get any feedback from YesAsia? A friend of mine who ordered it through them responded to their emails from phone numbers and tin number, but they did not get back to him.
Yesasia didn't get back to anyone yet... but I expect them to soon.
Old 12-29-04, 03:30 AM
Cool New Member

Got my replacement digipak's today.
Starmax has also thrown in what looks to be a plastic coated cardboard liner for the copper case.

It's Black & grey with the fractured pattern on it (same as the gift box) with OLDBOY written down the front.

Edit: sorry for the poor quality, were taken with a mobile.

Last edited by Shintaro; 12-29-04 at 03:50 AM.
Old 12-29-04, 05:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
got mine today - no damage to speak of really... My only problem is gonna be keeping them that way. Wish I had that thing you got. Oh well. Don't know what number mine is - didn't check and I have a headache right now.
Old 12-29-04, 07:31 AM

I emailed Yesasai yes, and sent Pics of my Toin and cases, so its up to them to do the right thing by me.

and that inside liner thing is a little late I guess, as all the damage is done now, but hey at least they know they messed up Big.
Old 12-29-04, 07:28 PM

What I don't understand is why the dvd sites that sold the UE didn't request the replacement digipacks themselves once they found out about the problem.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.