Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

hero - extended version

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

hero - extended version

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-04, 02:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hero - extended version

the extended version of hero will be released on 16 july
you can find more details from here , but it's simplifed chinese

there are 3 versions, dvd-5, dvd-9 & dvd-9(special edition)
the length of extended version is 118mins
there is 30mins extras in dvd-9 & 1hr extras in dvd-9(special edition)
for the extras, you can find interactive game & easter eggs also
Old 07-14-04, 02:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Where's that dancing banana when you need him?
Old 07-14-04, 04:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, it's a start. Now we just need one with English subs.
Old 07-14-04, 05:16 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by flashburn
Well, it's a start. Now we just need one with English subs.
Aww

Last edited by RaMMaR; 07-14-04 at 05:18 AM.
Old 07-14-04, 05:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Here's a translation of that page for the lazy...

courtesy of worldlingo... I don't see where it says there won't be english subs.
First, what lengthens the version?

Actually, lengthens the version directs the version, in overseas, divides into the movie the theater version and the director version, the theater version is we is called the movie which is shown to the public in the theater, but directs the version is through form release and so on the DVD, only is as a result of our country not this aspect stipulation.

Why has the direct version, this mainly is decided based on the commercial in consideration and the movie sensitive degree, like the American big piece "Finger ring King 3" divides the theater version and the director version, will direct the version on to be more than the nearly 50 minutes contents the theater version, the shade film length reaches for four hours. "Hero" also is based on the commercial in consideration, only then decided screens the theater version in the theater "Hero". In overseas, directs the version to consider directs individual work, his creation intention, the subject annotation all as soon as will unfold in the direct version movie with nothing left.

Second, "Hero - Lengthens Version" true colors:

What type originally "is Hero"? What type is Zhang Yimou's real intention? Will lengthen the version to play to the movie to what role?

If the movie version "Hero" is in the inland true significance commercial big piece, then lengthens the version is has the epic poem breadth of spirit the knight-errant blockbuster movie. Lengthened the version to explain many questions which "Hero" stayed behind, also made further combing in the movie subject with to be defined. "- Lengthens Version in Hero" center, the character image three-dimensional, is plentiful, the plot arranges on hastens reasonably.

True "Hero" integrity direct version, perfect retention all plots, the whole world own presents for the first time.

Zhang Yimou displays of creativity the epic poem large building, not revises the grand-scale literary work, more exquisite plots, more broad scenes.

Limits the quantity the release, is worth the permanent rare edition collection.

三、只发DVD,不发VCD:

DVD-5: 118 minutes packing: Conventional narrative movie DVD rubber box packing. (don't get excited, I think they mean standard amaray)

DVD-9 (is simply wrapped): 150 minutes packing: The complete paper material quality environmental protection packing, the overall effect looks like an ancient book, comes to pay tribute the fine picture album.

DVD-9 (hardbound): 180 minutes packing: Center the filament plate material overhead construction wooden box, outside the package has the frosting and the fluorescence effect silver decoration special paper, adds UV, the radium partially shoots craft effect and so on the bronzing, comes to pay tribute the fine picture album, has the collection value extremely.

Fourth, picture quality absolutely first-class:

Flies the Shi video and music to use which Australia to provide the movie theater never has telecast the first edition "Hero - To lengthen Version" to carry on the arm the shell, carries on HDCAM Gao Qingzhuan the system, then uses Gao Qingmu the belt most to have the authoritative compression manufacture company in Hong Kong to carry on the earlier period compression, so strives for perfection the manufacture request, had guaranteed "Hero - Lengthens Version" the first-class picture nature.

Here need explanation is, the usual DVD manufacture use primitive source material, mostly is the sign clear simulation mother brings or the number letter belt, the sign clear mother has the picture clarity which achieved, is merely "Hero - Lengthens Gao Qingmu which Version" uses the belt picture clarity 50%.

Fifth, includes specially:

DVD-9 (简装) includes more than 30 minutes precious news briefs;

DVD-9 (hardbound) public long reaches for more than 1 hours to be rarely known "Hero" secretly the news brief.

六、两个独家首次:

飞仕影音这次不但是全球首次发行《英雄-加长版》,在内地音像史上也属首次发行电影加长版本。

Seventh, the manufacture to international emulates:

What is pleasantly surprised is "- Lengthens Version in Hero" in DVD-9, increased DVD and so on interaction game, password painted eggshell most high-tech, makes "Hero - To lengthen Version" DVD not only to have 观赏性 extremely, but also has both 娱乐性. This method was the absorption has profited from the overseas audio and video product new method, let the consumer purchase DVD to be able to obtain omni-directional enjoying, has been achieved the domestically produced movie DVD manufacture level the international standard. This time also is the audio and video company with international emulates for the first time in the manufacture aspect, has the vital significance in the audio and video.

Eighth, release time:

On July 16 - "十面埋伏" is reflected in the sunlight

The Chinese audio and video commerce network, on the remarkable net net sells in advance
Old 07-14-04, 06:19 AM

http://www.cnave.com/shop/special/2004/hero/
From the above link: all 3 extended version come with eng subs.

Last edited by Moon33; 07-14-04 at 06:26 AM.
Old 07-14-04, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Moon33
http://www.cnave.com/shop/special/2004/hero/
From the above link: all 3 extended version come with eng subs.
Good news, I just thought it was implied by the OP that it only includes simplified chinese.
Old 07-14-04, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
DTS?
Old 07-14-04, 02:17 PM

anamorphic?
Old 07-14-04, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The wooden box version sells for 98.00... but 98.00 what? What type of currency is that? How much is it in USD? Where can I buy it?
Old 07-14-04, 02:21 PM

the currency logo cnave is using is the Yen currency logo, I would assume that it means Yuan in their usage.

that's about USD$12.00
Old 07-14-04, 03:03 PM

ok

its up on ebay now too : 3 versions between $10 and $20. plus shipping. ordered mine.
Old 07-14-04, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Josh Z
DTS?
Old 07-14-04, 05:56 PM

If you believe the ebay seller, it has DTS/DD. I'm somewhat distrustful of dvd sellers on ebay.

Even though cnave.com sells the CE for 98 Yuan (pre-order price), the shipping is cost prohibitive. Would have to buy 10 copies for the price to come down under US$20 per copy. Hopefully another etailer (come on cd-wow!) will have it available soon.

The details for the disc on cnave.com claims that the PQ is good due to outsourcing the video compression. We'll have to see since the CE crams 120 minutes of the movie, supposedly 2 audio tracks, plus another 60 minutes of extras on a DVD-9. I guess it's possible but hopefully someone can do a direct comparison of PQ.

BTW did anyone notice that the DVD-5 movie only disc is only 18 Yuan pre-order from cnave.com? (~$2.20!!!) Me thinks this is forced by all the piracy there...
Old 07-15-04, 08:08 AM

You can order at layoyo.com:

Hero - Extended Version 30 HK-$

Hero - Special Extended Edition 43 HK-$

Hero - Special Extended Edition 140 HK-$

Last edited by Merdalf; 07-15-04 at 08:10 AM.
Old 07-15-04, 08:17 AM

PAL and no English subs? Hope that isn't right.
Old 07-15-04, 11:48 AM

You can order at layoyo.com
Shipping is 8 "delivery units", which comes to HK$120 for airmail to U.S. - Almost the cost of the DVD...
Old 07-15-04, 12:32 PM

Why in the world is the regular "Special Extended Edition" ship using 5 delivery units for its weight? Isn't it just the regular DVD?
Old 07-15-04, 01:08 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts
So what is the major difference in story with the special extended edition if anyone knows? I am wondering if this is worth getting rid of the old. Thanks.
Old 07-15-04, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
Scott, check out the "Korea Ultimate Edition" thread about this movie. I posted the differences in the two cuts of the movie there.

There are basically no story differences. The DC just has has different editing pacing.
Old 07-15-04, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

No subs, eh? The wait continues.
Old 07-15-04, 04:23 PM

So I'm confused - Subs or no subs?!
Old 07-16-04, 03:44 AM

subs : defo... layoyo have changed their listing apparently. so : 118 min dvd of hero has SUBS!!! yay! ordered mine...
Old 07-16-04, 10:30 AM

Just ordered one off eBay - looks legit.
Old 07-16-04, 12:48 PM

So can anyone confirm whether the DVD is NTSC or PAL? On the listings on ebay it says NTSC and on Layoyo it says PAL. I want to make sure before I go ahead and order one.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.