Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Limited Ed. In The Mood For Love Tin

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 05-26-04, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the Extras on the Tin Boxset the same are the rest of the Special Edition R2 2-disc sets?
Old 05-26-04, 03:59 PM

I already sold mine but if I remember correctly the extras were nearly the same as the Criteiron ones except the text extras were not in English and the press conference was a different one from the Criterion one. I don't know the R2 so can't say how it compares.
Old 05-27-04, 03:16 AM

I think mensachicken's right. I saw the listing and the only thing that seems to be missing is the Toronto Flick Festival's press conference. Maybe the deleted scenes are missing also, the packaging isn't too clear. I wanted to buy it but didn't have the cash on hand and when I went back a few days later it was gone.

I think the extras are completely different than the R2 sets because DVDcompare says the R2 and R1 CC extras are different, and the R3 tin set and CC seem more or less the same.

By the way, do you mean the R3 Korean tin? It's the only one I know of but there might be more.

Anyway, I own the CC and I'm quite happy with that one.
Old 05-27-04, 03:55 PM

according to dvdcompare.net there are no english subtitle in the extras...
Old 05-27-04, 09:56 PM

ketya, much of the extras are in English, same as on the criterion disc. however, the commentary on the deleted tracks and all of the text extras (cast bios, etc.) are not in English.

If you can't afford the Criterion, the $10 that this double disc costs is well worth it.
Old 05-28-04, 01:00 AM

According to DVDcompare, the R3 tin doesn't exist. DVDcompare misses out on a many, many R3 DVDs, In the Mood for Love being one of them. That's a big problem with the site, I find.