Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Help me name this Movie!?!

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 04-20-04, 05:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember seeing a HK style movie long ago about a master training his student. The student is supposed to make it across a field of jars, by stepping on the jars only. When the master is not looking, the student sticks the jars in the ground. The master gets upset with him, etc... Also, I think there is a line where he asks if he is so great, why doesn't he hear the grasshoppers at his feet? Any help would be great.
Thanks.
Old 04-21-04, 12:35 AM

Hmmmm.... No responses. I saw this in probablly 1983-1989 on major tv network.
Old 04-21-04, 03:52 AM

Is this a kungfu movie? I'm afraid your description is still too general. Is the master a drunken beggar, or monk? Is this training done in a temple or simply on a field withsome trees around? Maybe if you could also describe the student ... does he have haircut like Jackie Chan in his old kungfu movies?
Old 04-21-04, 12:14 PM

I really can't remember any other details. It was a Kungfu movie, the only part of the training that I can remember was the walking across small, loose jars. I just thought that scene was familar to someone and they could tell me the name, if not, my bad.
Thanks