Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Are some Yesasia DVD's different

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-04, 05:58 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read somewhere(and I wish I could remember where) that certain Hong Kong DVD's that Yesasia.com sells are different that the version that other shops such as Hivizone that DDDhouse sells. For example, the Men Suddenly in Black DVD is a two disc set released by Mei Ah and it is that version that is for sale at Hivizone. Yesasia has the Men Suddenly In Black DVD, but it does not state that it is a 2 disc set and it states in the item description that it is a US Version released by Tai Seng. Can anyone possibly clarify this for me? Thanks.
Old 02-20-04, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Many Taiseng releases of newer titles are very much inferior to their HK counterparts, as they usually try to shift a quick and dirty release out of the door prior to the HK release. They do of course do a few decent special editions, but in general new movies should be avoided. I find all of Yesasia's HK titles to be very overpriced, which is understandable given that Taiseng forces them to buy a great deal of their HK inventory through them, which translates into a higher markup.