Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Check out THIS Alien Quad Packaging!

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Check out THIS Alien Quad Packaging!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-04, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Might be worth buying the set now.

I love that alien head....

Seems the asian market get some really cool stuff with their releases
Old 02-10-04, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Vandaahl
This really looks like a fake. Look at the Alien Head on the picture this guy provided, I think it's the exact same picture that we've all seen in this thread, but he modified it a little and pasted it over another picture! Look close, I think it's fake fake FAKE!
This was posted by the seller on that auction:

After reading some forums that mentioned this item I am revising my listing. This item was placed by my brother while i was on holiday and he missed some very important info. I have also changed the photo which was genuine. I can't say how I came by these (I have two) but these are not for sale. This is a pre-order auction as the item is released in Japan in April. I have four on order for other people and one that's up for grabs. I will not ask for any money until I recieve the item and I will send dated digital photos of the item to the winning bidder. YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY ANYTHING UNTIL I GET THE ITEM. Happy Bidding Any questions answered!!
Old 02-10-04, 10:56 PM

Originally posted by Bill Geiger

After reading some forums that mentioned this item I am revising my listing. This item was placed by my brother while i was on holiday and he missed some very important info. I have also changed the photo which was genuine. I can't say how I came by these (I have two) but these are not for sale. This is a pre-order auction as the item is released in Japan in April. I have four on order for other people and one that's up for grabs. I will not ask for any money until I recieve the item and I will send dated digital photos of the item to the winning bidder. YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY ANYTHING UNTIL I GET THE ITEM. Happy Bidding Any questions answered!!
And this is a link to a posting by the seller at the UK DVD Forums site. Scrolldown to a user going by the name of olyscott8 .
Old 02-11-04, 12:37 AM

Would also be intrested if you could Kumar J
Old 02-11-04, 08:14 AM

Originally posted by Bill Geiger

There's something fishy about his 'explanation' (his brother placed items for sale on his account? and this of an item thousands are trying to get their hands on without luck, and he already has two but can't reveal how he got them? lol), just like the picture was fake.

Oh well, he pulled the plug on the auction: "The seller ended this listing early because the item is no longer available for sale." Guess it was getting a little too hot for comfort ripping people off.
Old 02-11-04, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I can get just 1 set!They told me to come back on the 30th April.If there is some left or someone just cancels his pre order then I will be able to get it.Sorry guys!
Old 02-12-04, 05:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
me!
Old 02-12-04, 04:25 PM

Great photo of the Alien Head in today's Australian newspaper, the Sydney Morning Herald.
Old 02-12-04, 06:05 PM

wow thanks for the link hardtack!
Old 02-13-04, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
You'll be amazed at the amounts of alien products in japan. I wouldn't say that they is a bigger fanbase, more so that companies like to release a lot more promo's and items such as this for the fans.

I'd say the fan base is smaller, BUT more insane than their respective counterparts in other parts of the world. They put much much more into something they like.
Old 02-13-04, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

great pic, hardtack! damn, the alien head is huge. curious if this set will come with the "regular" artbox, or are the discs simply going to be in the head alone?
Old 02-13-04, 03:20 PM

it will have the regular box and the opportunity to store the discs in the head (=
Old 02-13-04, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

thanks! if it does come with the artbox, then i may have reason to dump my new R1 set, provided all the content's the same with the addition of a dts track.
Old 02-13-04, 05:52 PM

ok so how do I get one? amazonJP seems to be out of stock..
Anyone else think fox might make more of the heads since people like us will spend around 300$ for it. How much does it cost FOX to make them?

You know an ALIEN QUEEN HEAD would really be sweet!
Old 02-13-04, 06:19 PM

darmok: Fox Japan has just put up the official website for this Alien release (http://www.foxjapan.com/dvd-video/alienus/), where you can also find all specs. It does state all films have DTS (even explicitly says "special for Japan"), however I can't find any reference to the audio commentaries so that might be a reason to hold on to your R1 set after all.

VicVega: you don't, sold out all over the place and I doubt Fox will make more. Japan is renowned for its quirky box sets with ridiculous prices and very high collectability rate (ie. very very limited, sometimes even as few as 1500).
Old 02-15-04, 07:21 AM

Look at the size of that thing!!!

Old 04-01-04, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,209 Likes on 1,510 Posts
Too bad the delay isn't because they decided to make a few more and put it up for preorder again. I'm still kicking myself for missing out on this.
Old 04-02-04, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
NOOOO!!! Shit! That's my friend's birthday. Now how am I gonna get it to him on time. :/ This sucks.
Old 04-23-04, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
HMV's listing for the non-alien-head version of the Quadrilogy box seems to imply that the discs will have commentaries:

http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail.asp?sku=1892042

"An additional four discs contain new detailed commentaries, interviews, multi-angle anamatics, pre-production, production and post production featurettes, 252 pages of Stan Winston's fascinating workshop, screenplays and intriguing easter eggs."

I wish someone could confirm.
Old 05-26-04, 09:18 AM

The Alien Head is again available @ amazon.co.jp
Old 05-26-04, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Thanks for the heads up Merdalf, my order is in.
Old 05-26-04, 12:28 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Another thanks to Merdalf - couldn't resist getting it this time
Old 05-26-04, 04:26 PM

Location: on the warhead of a Topol-M ready for a long journey
**** It is gone again!
Old 05-26-04, 04:46 PM

My Head is packing! YAY!
Old 05-26-04, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For once, I am glad I missed it for the second time!

edit: Looks like it is in stock again. I placed an order for it...damn them!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.