Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Attn TOSHIBA SD-3900 owners: No need for the remote code anymore!

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Attn TOSHIBA SD-3900 owners: No need for the remote code anymore!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-06, 02:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
None of the links for downloading the region-free hack work anymore. Most of the posts in this thread date back to 2004. Does anyone still have the code, or know of a current link, for downloading it? I would really appreciate your help. Thanks.
Old 10-07-06, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Greg00
None of the links for downloading the region-free hack work anymore. Most of the posts in this thread date back to 2004. Does anyone still have the code, or know of a current link, for downloading it? I would really appreciate your help. Thanks.
I uploaded the original file that I downloaded to here:
http://home.comcast.net/%7Erichard.parker/RMTM0000.sit

Follow the instructions on dvdrhelp:

2. unpacked the RMTM0000.sit file with "StuffIt Standard Edition 8.0" (http://www.aladdinsys.com/downloads/index.html) Trail version.

3. Burned the whole DIR (RMTM0000) to a CD using Nero Burning ROM (ISO Level 1, Mode 1, ISO 9660)

4. Inserted the burned CD into the dvd, wait for the menu on the LCD of the dvd.

5. Pressed "0" then "PAUSE", turned the dvd OFF

6. That's it !!!, REGION FREE.
Old 10-08-06, 04:22 AM

Hey richard98, thanks so much for the quick reply, and for uploading the file. I successfully downloaded it and extracted it with the trial version of StuffIt, per your instructions. However, I did not get the chance to burn it to a CD yet, because I ran out of CD's. Thanks, again for your help.
Old 12-02-07, 10:20 PM

sd220e and Toshiba 3950

Hey, I'm no experienced hack but was able to get my Toshiba 3950 to go region free using the tosh_sd220e.bin and tosh_sd220e.cue files out there. Other than the learning curve of doing an image burn with my Nero (Express, Ver 6.3.1.17), it took only 10 seconds with the wierd hacker like couple of screen shots popping up after putting the disk in. Thanks to all those out there who made this possible, my Half-Japanese 21-month old son is now enjoying An Pan Man, all the rage in Japan with Toddlers! (Don't know why the entertainment industry has to make it so hard to play a legitimately purchased DVD in Japan on a player in the US...)
Old 12-04-07, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tosh3950
Hey, I'm no experienced hack but was able to get my Toshiba 3950 to go region free using the tosh_sd220e.bin and tosh_sd220e.cue files out there. Other than the learning curve of doing an image burn with my Nero (Express, Ver 6.3.1.17), it took only 10 seconds with the wierd hacker like couple of screen shots popping up after putting the disk in. Thanks to all those out there who made this possible, my Half-Japanese 21-month old son is now enjoying An Pan Man, all the rage in Japan with Toddlers! (Don't know why the entertainment industry has to make it so hard to play a legitimately purchased DVD in Japan on a player in the US...)
That's good to know about the 3950. I may recommend that player to my friend that has an interest in going region-free but doesn't want to buy the OPPO. I still use my Tosh SD-4900 for all my other region discs and love it. My HD-A1 is now my main player for R1 stuff now so it gets a lot less use but it has served me well for over 3 years.
Old 12-08-07, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I amazed this discussion is still going on almost 4 years later. I still use my hacked Toshiba 3900 on my den television. I mostly play TV on DVD programs and found the resume playback feature invaluable since I usually play a couple of epsiodes a day, and I can start off were I left off from the previous day. Haven't played many other region discs on it since I watch them on my living room set up on a different hacked region free player. However the Toshiba even though it was inexpensive has held up well with almost daily usuage.
Old 12-09-07, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 314 Likes on 215 Posts
Originally Posted by richard98
I uploaded the original file that I downloaded to here:
http://home.comcast.net/%7Erichard.parker/RMTM0000.sit

Follow the instructions on dvdrhelp:

2. unpacked the RMTM0000.sit file with "StuffIt Standard Edition 8.0" (http://www.aladdinsys.com/downloads/index.html) Trail version.

3. Burned the whole DIR (RMTM0000) to a CD using Nero Burning ROM (ISO Level 1, Mode 1, ISO 9660)

4. Inserted the burned CD into the dvd, wait for the menu on the LCD of the dvd.

5. Pressed "0" then "PAUSE", turned the dvd OFF

6. That's it !!!, REGION FREE.
from the looks of this thread, i may have been the last 3900 owner still using the remote hack, but i just tried these instructions and it worked great! thanks.

Note to anyone else as slow as me: StuffIt is up to version 11 and even the "free" trial download on their website requires you to give them your credit card which will be charged if you don't cancel before 30 days. instead of doing that, i found StuffIt v9 demo on download.com and used that.
Old 03-30-08, 07:01 AM

Moved to Australia

No, looks like I am the last remaining one to use the remote hack! In fact, I was going to sell my SD-3900 before leaving North America, but when I looked it up to see how much it would be worth, the first Google link that came up was about hacks!

Tried the remote hack before leaving, and it worked great, so I decided to keep it. Since then, I see that I can output in PAL, and am very grateful that new links have been put up for this permanent hack. Will try it once we get our new TV this week.

Thanks, everyone.
Old 04-16-08, 04:57 AM

Finally got around to it. Thanks Richard98 for re-posting the original file, and thanks to kefrank for the tip, re the free stuffit v9 on download.com.

It worked - although it took a second insertion for the menu to come up on the onscreen display... (nothing happened the first time I inserted the disc.)

Cheers, everyone!

RoknRob