Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

R2 Kubrick Collection...

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

R2 Kubrick Collection...

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-02, 11:55 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R2 Kubrick Collection...

What would be the best region or release of the Kubrick Collection, for the most efficient price? Amazon.de has this listed for 74.99 euro, which is way cheaper than the US version, and I expect it has the uncut version of Eyes Wide Shut. Does anyone know if there's any problems with this version though, like forced subtitles, or if there's missing extras on the Doctor Strange Love disc (I believe this was the case for the UK edition), or am I better off buying the R1 set with a R2 EWS, or something else.

Thanks for any help.
Old 11-25-02, 12:47 PM

There are two versions of Shining. R1 is the US cut which is 30 minutes longer than the European cut.
And guess what R2 got the European cut....
But some people do prefer the European cut because it is the director's cut...

Some R2 edition (eg France) will miss Dr Strangelove in the boxset.
Old 11-26-02, 07:46 AM

I'd recommend going for the UK box, despite the missing extras on Dr.S. EWS is uncut and as stated The Shining is directors cut, far preferable to the longer version (IMO). Ideally, you could get individual titles but that would work out at big expense.
Old 11-26-02, 02:35 PM
Cool New Member

Thank you very much for the help.

Does anyone know if the UK version is going OOP? Blackstar and Bensonsworld have it listed as "deleted"(Except Amazon.co.uk still has it in stock). I was hoping to wait just a little bit longer on the set because of the price, but now it looks like I have no choice.

Also, just a note: it appears that they are releasing Stanley Kubrick: A Life in Pictures by itself on R1 on Dec. 10th.
Old 12-02-02, 09:17 AM

Originally posted by 100% the YOU
Also, just a note: it appears that they are releasing Stanley Kubrick: A Life in Pictures by itself on R1 on Dec. 10th.
Most of the discounters in Europe opened boxsets to sell the dvds in stand alone. So you could find the supplementary dvd of Kubrick for less than $10...

I do not think the boxset is OOP.