Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

wanted: dav3600 review

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

wanted: dav3600 review

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-02, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second Star on the right, and straight on til' morning...
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Jlbkwrm
So, I finally got my DAV-3600 set up, and it is unfortunately displaying intermittant macroblocking. Not as bad as for some, but the blocking shows up every fifteen minutes or so, with the occasional broad horizontal stripe blocking out. It's not unwatchable, but it's extremely distracting.

Problem is, I'm not entirely sure if the unit is still under warranty. It was purchased over 30 days ago, wasn't delivered until the 19th of November. Further complicating things, it was a gift, so I don't have the e-mailed order confirmation (and I noticed no packslip on the box). I was going to try HKFlix CS, but I can't seem to pull up the site.

I don't suppose there's any chance the macro-blocking displays only in interlaced mode, is there?

Very nice system, setting aside the faulty chip.

Arg.
If you bought from HKFlix, send a message to [email protected] - he has been VERY helpful in my case, and a new unit is on its way to me. Wonderful customer service. I'll report back on the new unit once I get it.
Old 12-14-02, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

If anyone is interested, I received my REPLACEMENT DAV-3600 today from HKFlix.... watched two movies (Stuart Little 2 and Lilo and Stitch) and there was no pixellation.

So far, so good. And I have to compliment the customer service. No problems - send it back, we'll send you another one.

(Keeping my fingers crossed of course, but it seems cool now!)
Old 12-20-02, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Ok, it's been a week, and this dvd player seems to be very nice.

Just thought I'd provide an update.
Old 12-20-02, 08:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Truffaut Fan
By the way, the FAQ is missing several brands of players with the Mediamatics chips including Conia, Classic and I believe there's an Akia model also. Also, whatever brand AZNfilms is so enthusiastic about.

Jeff
What FAQ is this? I checked the stickies and FAQ was too short of a term to do a keyword on. That would be really interesting to read. There doesn't appear to be any Mediamatics chip players 4 sale in Canada (to avoid customs) so the FAQ would be cool to see.
Old 01-07-03, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, I don't have a review as such, but I've now had my good DAV-3600 for about a month and find it to be a fantastic unit. Great play, good sound, etc. etc.

I think it's worth it!
Old 01-09-03, 01:13 AM

Curtis vs Malata & Can the unit run with a VCR...

Some please help

Is the Curtis DVD 6500 and the Malata 3600 the same units but marketed differently i.e., the Curtis is marketed to the U.S.A and the Malata is marketed outside of the USA. Different brand names

I can't even hook the damn thing up!

I have a Curtis 6500 and it looks just like the Malata 3600-

Can I set it up the system to run with my VCR, or is this a stupid question?

Is that my problem... trying to assemble the unit with my VCR?

I pose the following question because of the repeat threads that compare 3600 to 520 --What is the real difference?

HELP!!
Old 07-23-03, 03:35 PM

Planning to get this unit.

I am planning to get this unit. And have read all the problems this unit had last year. If I buy the unit now, will these problems be fixed ?
Old 08-28-03, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Planning to get this unit.

The following questions weren't answered in this thread, so I figured I'd post to bump it. I couldn't readily find the answers anywhere else. Anyone know? Thanks.

Originally posted by kunderwo
Is the Curtis DVD 6500 and the Malata 3600 the same units but marketed differently i.e., the Curtis is marketed to the U.S.A and the Malata is marketed outside of the USA. Different brand names?
Originally posted by Telix
I am planning to get this unit. And have read all the problems this unit had last year. If I buy the unit now, will these problems be fixed ?
Old 02-05-04, 09:15 PM
Cool New Member

Malata 520 player trouble

I just bought a Malata 520 after a best friend raved about it. Out of the box I palyed a Region 1 disc it was great. My first Pal Region 2 DVD, of course, has pixelation problems out the wazoo.

My first disc was the Region 2 "Paris, Texas". That opening seen in the desert...everything white and yellow or metallic is pixelated and "jumpy", as are the letterbox border and on subsequent Region 2 subtitles...

I have no warranty (stupid I know) I cna return it only for another item or items of the same amount with my receipt. But i only have afew days...argh!! Help!!

Thanks in advance to any who respond.