Malata -should I or shouldn't I?
I know this question must have been asked a million times before, but I'm seriously thinking about getting a Malata player since I'm fed up with waiting for a region-free device for my X-Box and I want the x y scaling feature for Police Story. I'd REALLY appreciate it if you guys would be so kind as to answer my questions:
1. The 552 or whatever is the best region-free player out there, right?
2. Does the Malata player display PAL movies as good or better than an X-Box? Because Purple Storm and Drive look just as good as any of my American DVDs on my X-Box, and I remember someone here saying that the X-Box actually displays PAL DVDs better than a Malata player. But for $275 shouldn't the Malata be much better??
3. I want to be able to play VCDs, so I was wondering how good the Malata plays VCDs.
4. Do you think that I should hold off buying the player just in case the price drops any time soon?
5. Are there any weird quirks or problems with the player that I should be aware of?
6. and finally, is HKFlix the cheapest place to buy the player?
Thanks for your time.