Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

"24" coming August 19th

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

"24" coming August 19th

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-02, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
"24" coming August 19th

I'm just wondering what everyone thinks of the show and will they pick up the box set? This will be a R2 dvd(s).

http://www.blackstar.co.uk/video/promotion/24

I'll definitely be picking it up. I'm in the U.S so the show has wrapped up here. Anyone going to get this? Does anyone know when we'll hear about special features?

Also, does anyone this this will be widescree on just fullscreen?
Old 06-07-02, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: "24" coming August 19th

Originally posted by PacMan2006
Also, does anyone this this will be widescree on just fullscreen?
I don't think this show was filmed in WS like Enterprise or ER (didn't notice it every week when I watched the show) so I'm guessing that it'll be full screen. As to the other things, I have no idea, but I'm hoping for a few extras (even though there are about 16 viewing hours of this show )
Old 06-07-02, 02:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I seem to remember a "Fox Widescreen High Definition" notice at the start of each show... : )
Old 06-07-02, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Guess I just fast forwarded past that point every time Either that or I'm going blind really early in life.
Old 06-07-02, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I remember that too Bleddyn.

But, if they state FOX Widescreen at the start of the show, does that mean that it definitely will or won't be in widescreen regarding the dvd?

Anyone know when we can expect details about this box set?

I really love this show.
Old 06-07-02, 04:27 PM

According to DVDReviewer, it will be 16:9 widescreen:

"Although no official confirmation is available from Fox Home Video, fans of the innovative thriller TV series 24 will soon be able to relive the episodes on DVD. This is also of course an excellent opportunity for those who missed it to get into it from the beginning. Starring Kiefer Sutherland, Leslie Hope, Dennis Haysbert, Elisha Cuthbert, Penny Johnson and Sarah Clarke, the entire series takes place in one day, shown in real time as events unfold. Currently scheduled for 19th August priced at £44.99, the first volume will arrive with an anamorphic transfer and Dolby Surround soundtrack.

More details on this release when we get it."
Old 06-07-02, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hmm...I was hoping it wouldn't be 16x9.

Guys, I'm in the process of getting a Malata 520, as I've heard these are the best (just sent the money for it actually). I've heard widescreen on some players looks odd. Will "24," if indeed it comes in 16x9, look odd on my 4:3 television, or will it be able to handle anamorphic widescreen like any other domestic dvd player?

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-11-02, 06:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyone have any official info as to whether this is the full season or just a partial season?

-Brett
Old 06-11-02, 10:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by PacMan2006
Hmm...I was hoping it wouldn't be 16x9.

Guys, I'm in the process of getting a Malata 520, as I've heard these are the best (just sent the money for it actually). I've heard widescreen on some players looks odd. Will "24," if indeed it comes in 16x9, look odd on my 4:3 television, or will it be able to handle anamorphic widescreen like any other domestic dvd player?

Thanks in advance.
Anamorphic and non anamorphic will all look fine and be the right aspect ratio on your tv it doesn't matter if it's a 4:3 set or a widescreen set. That's why the Malata and JVC are the only two players to get if you want PAL movies. All the rest of the players have the problem with aspect ratio.
Old 06-11-02, 01:27 PM

OH YEAH!!! I am all over this. This is one of my favorite shows on TV!!
Old 06-11-02, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I just emailed FOX ([email protected]) and they said that a U.S release of "24" will be in September, around the 17th more or less.

I read on the "24" site that someone actually called them and got this confirmed as well. Looks like people can enjoy it in the U.S as well. Just info for the fans of the show.