Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Amazon Japan 10% off Top 100 DVDs

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-02, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AmazonJp is offering 10% off on their selling top 100 titles. DVDs with English subtitles include:

Porco Rosso
My Neighbour Totoro
Mononoke Hime
Kiki's Delivery Service
Whisper Of The Heart
Cowboy Bebop: Knocking on Heaven's Door
Water Boys
Eureka
Love Letter
Minna No Ie
Pistol Opera
Man Who Stole The Sun
Quartet

I'd love to pick up one or two of these titles but the shipping is still so ridiculously expensive: as near as I can tell, 1700 yen to the US per shipment, PLUS 300 yen per DVD -- can this be right?!
Is there any possiblity a couple of people out there might want to go in on a group order? That would take some bite out of the shipping.
Old 04-10-02, 03:03 PM
Cool New Member

Unfortunately, buying/collecting R2 DVD's is a very expensive hobby. The only thing you can do about the high shipping prices it to buy everything you want at once. For Amazon Japan, if you pick the slower economy shipping, it's 900 yen for the first DVD (600 yen base + 300 yen for the DVD) and 300 yen for each additional DVD after that. I pre-ordered Waterboys and chose the cheaper economy shipping (which does not include a tracking number). I got my order after waiting for about 2 and a half weeks, which wasn't too bad considering I live on the east coast.

You can also try ordering from www.amotokyo.com if you are going to order a lot of things. They offer free EMS shipping (which only takes 3-5 days and has a tracking number) for orders above $200, which is a very easy limit to break Their prices may be a little bit higher than Amazon Japan, but the free shipping is definitely worth it if you are going to order a lot. Although the mostly list anime with a few Japanese movies, you can email them with requests and they'll usually be able to order it for you. The best thing is that they charge you in American dollars, which can be a big benefit when you're making a big order and the yen suddenly strengthens from Y134/$1 to Y130/$1
Old 04-10-02, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Amazon Japan 10% off Top 100 DVDs

Originally posted by Gypo66
Cowboy Bebop: Knocking on Heaven's Door
Unless I'm mistaken, this title does not have english subtitles.

If I am mistaken, I'm ordering this title pronto!

-matt
Old 04-10-02, 07:15 PM
Cool New Member

No it definitely does not have English subs. You can still watch it with DVDsubber on your pc, but I would probably wait for the R1 release.