International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Bresson to DVD?

Old 08-05-01, 10:32 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bresson to DVD?

I see that Kino Video is putting out a new and thankfully affordable version of Robert Bresson's, Diary of a Country Priest, now while I've wanted to see this film for sometime and it was available only on rather poor video at rather high prices, I'm tempted to get the Kino Video. But I'd much rather see Bresson on DVD (of course) and since there are now collections of films such as Dreyer's being produced by Criterion, has anyone heard anything of such a Bresson collection in the works?
Old 08-05-01, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Even in this dumbed-down era of no patience fo filmmakers who actually take their time and aren't afraid to say something, it's probably just a matter of time before Kino or Criterion or somebody gets around to releasing these sublime films by Bresson (and Ozu and any other number of "forgotten" masters), but, far as I know, nothing exists at the moment. I'm the proud owner of the Laserdisc of Diary of a Country Priest, by the way, which you can bet I'll be holding on to for dear life until the day that first Bresson appears on DVD.
Old 08-05-01, 01:55 PM
Cool New Member

So Right!

So Right, Gypo, add to that list, Tarkovsky, Mizoguchi, Kurosawa, Ozu (LOVE Ozu) and Satyajit Ray!

I said Kino has Diary out, but when I tried ordering it through a couple of different retailers I see they all say none are in stock and need to be ordered. So I'm still waiting to see this gem, one of Tarkovsky's list of top ten films ever, BTW.