Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

Kmart: Free Energizer Batteries

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-14, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

I know Kmart stores are few and far between, but if you have one near you, here's a deal to consider:

Last Friday, I purchased 2 packs of Energizer AA batteries. The shelf tag says $7.79. When I checked out, they rang up as a "Buy one, get one free" special. When I got home, I checked online and read where others mentioned this being an unadvertised sale. Well, this is interesting since the packs have a rebate sticker on the front of them where you can get $8 in paypal credit/check from Energizer for the purchase of 2 of these. So while it may take a few weeks to get the rebate, the batteries will be free.

The next day I loaded up on more batteries. I tried to sweeten the deal with some Energizer $1 manufacturer coupons but my store wouldn't take them. I also went through the shop your way rewards program that Kmart has and printed out a coupon for my account that was for $10 back in points on a $35 purchase. I had success with that, so you can just about come out of this deal with free batteries and money in your pocket if you have a similar coupon and make sure your total purchase meets that threshold.

I'm not 100% sure of the expiration date on the BOGO deal. When I searched through Google, I've seen someone mention it goes through this week. The Energizer rebates are limited to 4 per person/e-mail/household and need to be redeemed by 6/1/14.
Old 05-05-14, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Re: Kmart: Free Energizer Batteries

I'll be in that area tomorrow, I may stop in and check it out(as much as it pains me to go in there). Too bad I did not know about this last week as I had a $10 off $20 SYWR coupon on my account.

btw, do you know if the sale is just on the AA's? Also, I am assuming you need to have the rebate sticker on the package in order to do this. I just picked up some Rayovac rechargeable batteries with charger for free last month at Sears(free $10/$10 in Sears consumer electronics(x2)), I could use some conventional ones too.
Old 05-05-14, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

When I went in the 2nd time, I bought AA & AAA batteries so I would think the sale should be good on all of them. And yes, you'll want to make sure the rebate sticker (yellow) is on the front of the package. It looked like every one of the packages in the battery display in my store had the stickers.
Old 05-05-14, 09:26 PM
Premium Member

Received 694 Likes on 464 Posts

Thanks man, I'll have a go at this. I don't mind going into K-Mart, not many shoppers to deal with.
Old 05-06-14, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by the cow
thanks man, i'll have a go at this. I don't mind going into k-mart, not many shoppers to deal with.
Old 05-06-14, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I got in on this deal today. I had a SYWR coupon on my account for $5/$15 that had to be used in the Lawn & Garden dept. I decided to purchase what I needed from there first, plus I left my Energizer coupons in the car. I'm glad I did as I received a coupon for $15 back in points w/ a purchase of $35 or more.

I went to the car and got my coupons and picked up 8 packs along with another item to get me a couple of $$ over the $35 threshold. The cashier took the 2 Energizer coupons along with the $15/$35 coupon. Walked out paying $37.xx for the 8 packs of batteries along with a bottle of weed killer. I got home and checked my SYWR account and the $15 is already in my account. Now to get the $32 back from the batteries.

Big to Cardsfan111 for mentioning this deal.

btw, I did not see anything mention it, so I am assuming nothing has to be sent in to receive the rebate? Just fill out the online request.
Old 05-06-14, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by darkdaze73
btw, I did not see anything mention it, so I am assuming nothing has to be sent in to receive the rebate? Just fill out the online request.
That is correct. I had purchased some batteries post-Christmas and did the online request for paypal credit. I can't remember how long it took exactly but I got the $8 in January.

Glad to know the sale is still active.

I'm tempted to go load up on some more and use a different address (relative?) for the rebate. I now have a $7 back on $35 coupon. That $15 back deal is sweet!

The comments about a lack of customers is completely on the mark. Most times in my local store, the cashiers are standing out in front of the registers waiting on folks to come through the line. I keep thinking the store will close at some point. Until then, I continue to enjoy the deals.
Old 05-06-14, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

There's never really many people at the store in my area. It's just that there seems to be an issue with nearly every transaction taking place in that store. With 2 registers and only 5-6 people combined in line at the checkouts you would think that things would move along quickly even with an issue at just one of the registers. Not around here. Each register, always an issue.

I had to go pick something up in there last week using some SYWR points I had. Three registers, 1-2 people checking out at each.

Number of registers stopped at one time for an extended amount of time due to issues: 3.
Time it took to checkout after being bounced around from register to register: 35 minutes.

And it is like that every time I go in there. If there are more than 3 people in line to check out, you are guaranteed at least a 20 minute wait. I have gotten to the point where I just order what I need online from them and just pick it up at Customer Service. That can(and usually is) also a headache, but at least I can make them do my shopping for me.
Old 05-06-14, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Was about 30 minutes away from home and passed a Kmart so I checked it out. This store was much cleaner and more organized than my home location, at least when it came to the BD/DVD section of the store. Though the store did have a similar amount of traffic, which meant not much. Related to this thread, the Energizer battery display had signs indicating the B1G1 sale! The fine print on the sales tag indicated it goes thru 5/17.
Old 05-07-14, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I know this does not belong here, but I am not sure how many people visit the store forum. Kmart and Sears is having a promotion where if you buy a $25 Kmart or Sears giftcard, you get a $5 Rewards giftcard that can/has to be used for 5/11-5/17. Plus you get $2 back in SYWR points.

The promotion started last week but runs through the end of this week. May be good for those using the SYWR points quite often to save even more.

Here is what the image in last weeks Kmart sales flyer looks like.

Spoiler:

Also, I did not get a chance to post it this morning, but Kmart and Sears are doing the free SYWR local ad points again this week. Comes out to $3 in free points($1.50 per site). It usually starts around 8am CST.
Old 05-14-14, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

First off, sorry to Cardsfan for derailing his thread. As mentioned in my previous post, not sure where to put this since it is not really a "hot" deal. But I thought I would stick it here since it is Kmart related. If someone wants to move this, or wants me to move it into a separate thread, feel free to do so.

Just a head's up though for those that do the SYWR local ad points each week, they are offering varying amounts from .50 to $5 in points per site this week(5/13-5/17). And just as it has been in the past, you do not get the points until the following week(5/18-5/24). But what is great about it is that so far you can do the Local Ad points more than one day. I received $8 in points yesterday and $10 in points today. Hopefully they allow us to keep all these points.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Also, there is a SYWR/Kmart Fun in the Sun matching game. You can get up to 1000 points a day between the points earned on the game part and sharing it on Facebook and/or Twitter. You can get up to 5000 points total for the duration of the promotion(5/26) and the points do not expire until sometime next year.

You will receive points for each of the first 2 times playing the matching game(500 points max per game). If you have not reached the 1000 points for the day, share on Facebook and/or Twitter for an additional 250. From what I have read, the Facebook/Twitter part has been kind of a hit or miss deal as far as receiving the points. Any points received for playing the games and sharing should come instantly. When you are done with everything, just refresh the page and it should show the points added on to your balance.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

And to get back on topic, I haven't heard from the couple of family members I told about this battery deal. I may ask about it Friday to see if they are going to participate. If not, I may see if I can use their address to send in some more rebates. This deal is too good to pass up.

Last edited by darkdaze73; 05-14-14 at 05:19 PM.
Old 05-15-14, 05:50 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

I guess the girls switch places? I memorized the order but didn't get it right.
And what's the local ad thing you're talking about?
Old 05-15-14, 06:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 740 Likes on 366 Posts

local ad thing is you go to kmart.com and sears.com (you earn separate points for each) and click the local ad point giveaway thing on the side of the screen.

I did it yesterday and got 1.50 between the two. It's not letting me do it again today.
Old 05-15-14, 06:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Not sure if it is every week, but I know the last few weeks they have surprise points giveaways. Go to the home page of both the Sears and Kmart websites. Sign in to your account. On the far right side you should see an advertisement for "Surprise points giveaways, learn more. Searslocalad.com/Kmartlocalad.com".

Click on that and it should another page on their site. Once again click on the "Surprise points giveaway" on the right side. Sometimes it has been located about halfway down in the center of the page. Once you click on it there a box should pop up over that area congratulating you on being awarded xxx amount of points. It is usually a set amount of points(2000, 1500, etc.), but sometimes like this week they give out varying amounts. Make sure you do both sites as you get points for each. As mentioned above, these points will not show up until Sunday of the following week and you only have one week to spend them.

These points can be combined with any other surprise SYWR points they give you($3 off $15, $10 off $25). As far as I know you can only receive the local ad points once through the duration of that weeks giveaway. But this week it has given people points both days so far. The surprise point giveaway this week runs through Saturday, so if you miss out today there is always tomorrow. Also of note, the points giveaways usually start at 8am CST.

As far as the matching game, yeah they switch places each time.

The coupon I received before doing the battery transaction($15 in points with $35 order) keeps paying off. I received an email the other day saying they would match any points I spend up to $100. Between the localad giveaway from last week($1.50 per site) and the matching game my account had grew to more than $23. I went in yesterday and bought $50 of stuff for .38 after using that coupon and the $5 reward giftcard from the $25 gc promotion from a couple of weeks ago.

Sorry for the long winded post(s). Hopefully I covered everything needed to figure this stuff out.
Old 05-15-14, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks, darkdaze! I had checked on the local ad points thing before and couldn't get it to work. The tip to try at 8 am central was the key. Just did it now and it said I received $5 in points for Kmart and another $5 for Sears.

Somehow I missed the gift card promotion post you made earlier. I assume that deal was only for last week. Sad that I missed that one.
Old 05-15-14, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111
Thanks, darkdaze! I had checked on the local ad points thing before and couldn't get it to work. The tip to try at 8 am central was the key. Just did it now and it said I received $5 in points for Kmart and another $5 for Sears.

Somehow I missed the gift card promotion post you made earlier. I assume that deal was only for last week. Sad that I missed that one.
The gift card promotion ran the previous 2 weeks. The $5 reward you got from buying the $25 Sears and/or Kmart giftcard could only be used this week though. I did not find out about it until the end of the first week.

No more double dipping on the points as it looks like they have fixed it.
Old 05-15-14, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111

Are you sure it was $5? If you got 500 points, then that is only 50 cents.
EDIT: Nevermind, I see that can also give away 5000 points, which would be $5
Old 05-23-14, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

In case anyone is still interested, the battery sale/rebate is still live. The Kmart store closest to me had new BOGO sales tags today that showed the sale running 5/18-5/24. Just remember to enter your rebate info by the end of the month.
Old 05-29-14, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Got my rebate deposited into my Paypal account today.

Also, SYWR is giving away more free points from today to 5/30. It is only 1000 points per site(Kmart/Sears). And as usual, is not available until Sunday and starts around 9am est until the max # of people has been reached for the day. It's not much, but doesn't hurt to do it if you are looking to add some points to your account.

And to add a little more...not sure how good these even are, but Kmart has the Nakamichi NK2000 Headphones(white, turbulence, and yellow) for $25. For each set you order, you receive $20 back in points.

I ordered a set of the white ones for in store pickup. I had $15 in points and a $7 off $20 Kmart coupon loaded to my account. Costs me just over $3 oop for the headphones and received $20 back in points. At $3, it wouldn't be much of a loss if they turn out to be total crap.
Old 06-01-14, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Got my first batch of rebates on that same day.
Old 06-05-14, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Saw this on SD and figured I would post it here since this thread is Kmart related. If someone feels it needs to be moved to the "Official Giftcard Thread" or elsewhere, feel free to move it or msg me and I will move it.

I know some missed this last time it happened, but Kmart is once again doing the Buy a $25 giftcard Get a $5 rewards card. This deal is valid from 6/1-6/15. The $5 Rewards card is only valid 6/16-6/21. Plus you get $2 in SYWR points. Points are supposed to credit to your account within 30 days.

It supposed to be listed on pg 16 of this weeks ad. Can't check at the moment as their site is acting a little wonky. This deal is also going on at Sears, but you have to buy a $50 gc to get the $5 Rewards card.

Also, you should be able to do this deal twice per account.

Last edited by darkdaze73; 06-05-14 at 11:40 PM.
Old 06-06-14, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks! I think I'll take advantage of this.
Old 09-21-14, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Another deal posted over @SD. There is a sale going on via Kmarts local ad on Energizer batteries. The batteries are on sale for 50% off. But when you go through their local.kmart.com site it gives an extra 50% off on top of that.

example: 8 pack Energizer Max AAA Alkaline Batteries shown as 7.79 marked down to 3.89. Add to cart and the price drops to 1.94

You will have to search your local store, which can be entered in the upper left of the page, to see which ones are available to be purchased at that store. The best way to find these is by doing a search for "batteries" in the search bar near the top of the page. I could not pull it up by entering "Energizer". Look for any of the Energizers that are already marked down and move your mouse to hover over the top of the item and click add to cart. If it is available it will tell you it has been added to your cart. Once in your cart it should show an extra 50% off the price shown on the previous page.
Old 09-22-14, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great deal, but I think I already have a lifetime supply of batteries, from some prior deal... I regrettably must pass... Thanks though!
Old 09-22-14, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just so you know it only works on 8 packs. ( not 16 packs)

It they are not in stock, It only says it is not it stock after you try to buy them.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.