Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals

Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Old 01-27-16, 07:27 AM   #76
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Official Gift Card Deal Thread

Amazon UK is doing something similar. It sounds like this might not work for everyone, but hopefully should help some people.

Quote:
Buy 30 in Amazon.co.uk Gift Cards, Get a 7 promo code to spend at Amazon.co.uk

Enjoy this EXCLUSIVE offer: Click the button 'Click to qualify for the promotion code' below, and then purchase at least 30 in Amazon.co.uk Gift Cards in a single order on Amazon.co.uk by 27 February, 2016.
We'll e-mail you a 7 promotional code within 48 hours of your gift card order being dispatched.
The 7 promotional code can be spent on products sold by Amazon on Amazon.co.uk until 16 April, 2016. Read the Terms and Conditions of the Promotion for more details.

Important Notification: To qualify for this trial offer, you must:
(1) have held an Amazon.co.uk account as of 20 December, 2015,
(2) have not purchased any Gift Cards in the 24 months prior to 20 December, 2015,
(3) click the button 'Click to qualify for the promotion code' below, and
(4) purchase at least 30 in Amazon.co.uk Gift Card(s) in a single order.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?_encoding...5A1OLE&pf_rd_s

A couple of points:
- I gave the gc to myself, and while the "order" e-mail came through fine. The "gift" e-mail with the code and link went straight to spam.
- Only the e-mailable Gift Cards worked for me. Example: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B014JBPC7G/

Still, this was a nice way to get a "free" 7. And I hadn't yet paid for a recent order, so it was easy enough to apply the 30 to that.
Old 03-17-16, 03:15 PM   #77
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just posted this in the video games deal thread, but I figured I would also post it here.

Don't know if this is regional or not, but next weeks Family Dollar ad has "Select Xbox, Nintendo or Facebook Gaming Cards or iTunes Gift Cards" on sale 20% off. Sale runs from March 20-27.
Old 05-01-16, 09:10 PM   #78

I bought a $50 Chili's Gift Card for $40 at my Vons store. Here are the details of the deal:

Celebrate mom she's one of a kind Buy $50 or more in select gift cards* with Club Card Save $10 instantly off your gift card purchase Offer valid 04/27/16 - 05/10/16 * Participating cards include: American Eagle Outfitters, Brinker, Buca di Beppo, Fandango, IHOP, Jiffy Lube, Lane Bryant, Michaels, OverStock.com, Petco, and Petsmart. Gift card purchases must be made in a single transaction with Club Card. One offer per transaction. No rain checks. See gift cards for details, terms and conditions and (if applicable) fees. Subject to availability, while supplies last. Products may not be available in all states. All trademarks are property of their respective owners. The gift cards featured are not sponsors or otherwise affiliated with AB Acquisition LLC or AB Safeway Inc.

Chili's is owned by Brinker (as is Macaroni Grill and a few others).
Old 05-02-16, 08:26 PM   #79
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Red Robin has a deal where you buy a gift card ($25?) and get a free X-Men Apocalypse movie ticket.
Old 05-15-16, 01:58 PM   #80

I think today's the last day on Olive Garden's buy a $50 gc get a $10 one good July only deal.
Old 05-15-16, 01:59 PM   #81

Not Your Average Joe's has a similar deal, unknown expiration.
Old 12-31-16, 07:47 AM   #82

Remember that many restaurants that do gift cards have bonus deals around this time of year, like buy a $25 gift card get a $5 card free.

If we're eating out and I see the deal signage, I'll buy the gift cards first, then use them to pay for the meal.
Old 12-31-16, 09:44 AM   #83
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Andersons - Frozen Custard - Roast Beef - Western New York Area (Buffalo, NY)

Buy $20 Gift Card - choose one of the following - $5.00 Gift Card - Free Pint of Frozen Custard Gift Certificate - Two Small Ice Cream Cone Tokens.
Can't order online - must buy in-stores (not the Lockport, New York - they don't do or accept gift cards) - expires December 31.

LaxBandit - Unfortunately my four year streak of doing this deal ended - although not my fault - as Andersons this year didn't offer this.
Speaking of the Andersons Gift Card, I think I still have around $10 left over from last years gift card.

Update - just checked their website and they did this deal this year.
(Weird I checked their website around the start of the month and it wasn't listed so I figured no deal this year.)
Unfortunately the deal ends today and I won't be near my local Andersons in my travels today.
They also had a 10% off Gift Card sale when your ordered one online - free shipping included - from December 1 to December 16.

Last edited by LaxBandit; 12-31-16 at 10:01 AM.
Old 09-15-17, 08:27 PM   #84

Paypal Gifts at ebay has the $100 iTunes code for $85 again.