Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals

Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Old 12-28-12, 12:27 AM   #201
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: MoviePass Beta Invite (Unlimited Movies in Theater)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDeb View Post
Can you show me how they claim you can use the card nationwide? Like if I travel to California use it there? I don't think that's what they mean, I think they mean it's that it's a Nationwide program so wherever you are you can sign up for it.

I don't like to get ANY benefit out of the card other than reward points and movie tickets. I would feel I'm taking advantage of a great program. I would never get cash back from the use of the card. So as much as I work the system, the only thing I get in return are movie tickets for me or people who are with me to use.

I'm sure it would work for concessions, I don't know why the concession stand would charge you each item individually? Although I would wonder the description of the charge, i.e. just AMC or AMC concession? If it shows a different description they can shut your card down.

Push it within the limits
To your three points:

1. I guess you're right, that probably just applies to the program itself and not being able to use it everywhere. Though I suppose if you move within the time period they can accomodate you.

2. Heh I was just thinking of additional loopholes, but yeah don't want to mess up this program, especially in the early stages.

3. Yeah I goofed, it would all be one charge.

Also I am going to PM you my zip, can I ask for your advice on the 2-D/3-D thing via that?
Old 12-28-12, 12:28 AM   #202
DVD Talk Legend

Sure! Happy to help!
Old 12-28-12, 12:36 AM   #203
DVD Talk Legend

Replied
Old 12-28-12, 06:32 AM   #204

Signed up anyone need an invite still
Old 12-28-12, 01:19 PM   #205
DVD Talk Legend

I have invites left as well, in case anyone new wants to join...
Old 12-28-12, 05:42 PM   #206
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just to add to the issue of being able to use it nationwide, this is adressed in their FAQ's (I knew I had read it somewhere). The answer appears to be yes!

https://moviepass.zendesk.com/entrie...oviepass-there
Old 12-28-12, 06:53 PM   #207
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

In that case the different prices is even more artificial, and I'm now thinking anyone can sign up for a cheaper area and pay that price.
Old 12-28-12, 10:01 PM   #208
DVD Talk Legend

Month 2, done. 22 movies, $33 out of pocket, $1.50 each, including 3 X 3D

Doesn't take into consideration taking mom and niece to go see Les Miserables and niece also watching Cirque 3D and four extra tickets in rewards and a ticket in my pocket for Chainsaw Massacre 3D next Friday.
Old 12-29-12, 01:48 AM   #209
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetoast View Post
In that case the different prices is even more artificial, and I'm now thinking anyone can sign up for a cheaper area and pay that price.
There can tell by billing address on your credit card I believe.
G-Man Movie Reviews on YouTube - Quick movie reviews including Mockingjay Part 1, Foxcatcher, Interstellar, St. Vincent, Whiplash, John Wick, Gone Girl, The Guest, 22 Jump Street, Godzilla, Oculus, Hellraiser, 21 Grams, Fargo, and more!
Why I'm Pumped For JURASSIC WORLD!
VIDEO MOVIE REVIEWS: Mockingjay Part 1 Foxcatcher Interstellar St. Vincent
Old 12-30-12, 06:03 PM   #210

Does anyone know if there is a workaround to using a smartphone to check in? I was offered one of these, but I don't have a smartphone. I noticed someone posted a way check the mobile site from a laptop, but not sure I want to be lugging that around to the theater all the time. I have a PS Vita and the mall has free wi-fi--would that work with mobile website link for check-ins?
Old 12-31-12, 02:01 AM   #211
DVD Talk Legend

You know, that's a very interesting question. Give them a call. They actually have kind, polite, knowledgeable customer service representatives.
Old 01-02-13, 10:41 AM   #212

I still have invites if anyone needs any. Just PM me
Old 01-02-13, 03:57 PM   #213
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

MoviePass added 10 more invites in our account and earn a free month when you invite 3 people.

Last edited by iNCREDiPiNOY; 01-02-13 at 05:08 PM.
Old 01-10-13, 08:09 AM   #214
DVD Talk Legend

Had my first issue last night. Went to the same theater I always do, but I couldn't check it. It kept saying "Almost there - you must be within 100 yards of the theater". But I was right there at the box office. Couldn't get any closer without being inside the lobby (which I tried). I had to call. 12 minute wait time. I only get 100 minutes/month on my plan, so I hope this doesn't become a regular occurrence.

Just curious, but what's the most movie tickets anyone has bought in 1 month? So far, I've gone EVERY day in January. But I doubt I can keep it up. Going all 31 days would be difficult. Some days I just won't have time to waste to go buy an advance ticket...
Old 01-10-13, 11:45 AM   #215
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Are there even 30-31 movies released in a month?

-----
PSN: CactusKind
Old 01-10-13, 12:29 PM   #216
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni View Post
Are there even 30-31 movies released in a month?
I was wondering that as well. Being Oscar-season, I will say yes, I could see 31 different movies this month. The December movies are still out, some November ones (Skyfall, Wreck It Ralph are two off the top of my head), plus movies they re-release due to Oscar nominations (Argo just came back), and then the January releases.

EDIT: There are 23 movies currently listed as out when I log into Moviepass... Granted, once your membership continues, the odds of seeing that many movies decreases, since you would have seen many of them the previous month. But seeing as my membership is still fairly new, I could feasibly buy tickets to 31 movies this month.

Last edited by kenbenobi; 01-10-13 at 12:42 PM.
Old 01-10-13, 03:37 PM   #217

Enter a survey for a chance to win a year of MoviePass for free.

http://movi.ps/UPqCV3
Old 01-10-13, 05:08 PM   #218
DVD Talk Legend

Use promo code "oscars" to get $20 off your first month. I still have invites left, if anyone needs one... Email says the promo code expires in 48 hours.
Old 01-10-13, 08:30 PM   #219
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think the balance between 'availability to see movies' and 'movies I have even the slightest interest in seeing' is probably going to be around 10 for me. Still, that's 3 bucks a movie, and the occasional free ticket or popcorn.
I do like how I've gotten not one, but two, 50 or 60 % off first month after I join.
Old 01-11-13, 12:22 AM   #220
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
Had my first issue last night. Went to the same theater I always do, but I couldn't check it. It kept saying "Almost there - you must be within 100 yards of the theater". But I was right there at the box office. Couldn't get any closer without being inside the lobby (which I tried). I had to call. 12 minute wait time. I only get 100 minutes/month on my plan, so I hope this doesn't become a regular occurrence.

Just curious, but what's the most movie tickets anyone has bought in 1 month? So far, I've gone EVERY day in January. But I doubt I can keep it up. Going all 31 days would be difficult. Some days I just won't have time to waste to go buy an advance ticket...
Had that same issue today. I went all the way to the main page, signed in for the movie again, and then the checkout worked. Try that next time, maybe even close the browser and reopen or if an app, close the app and reopen and go through the check in again. No need to call. I did have to call yesterday.

I did 10 movies first month and 22 movies second. Shooting for 20 this month Trust me, you will run out of time first
Old 01-11-13, 01:19 AM   #221

Gotta love free refills for large drink & popcorn but only when you buy once and that's it. LOL
Old 01-11-13, 11:41 AM   #222
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNCREDiPiNOY View Post
Gotta love free refills for large drink & popcorn but only when you buy once and that's it. LOL
You mean you save your cup and bag, and bring it back with you each time you go see a movie?
I used to buy ICEE's every time, but seeing as I'm seeing more movies now, I am cutting back. So I get one every 2-3 movies, like I'm treating myself. I went to the LOTR trilogy last month, and had like 5 refills that day. That's a lot of ICEE to drink! I practically always go to AMC, so I can earn credit toward free $$$. Plus it happens to be on my way home from work, and the 2nd closest theater to where I live. But yesterday I went to a different theater for the first time, to get an advance ticket. They made it a clear point to tell me "NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES." My AMC gives refunds. I haven't done it yet since I got my Moviepass, but I have done it with Moviecash certificates in the past, if they were going to expire on me. I have no intention of taking advantage of Moviepass by purposely getting refunds, but it could come in handy if I buy advance tix and my plans suddenly change...
Old 01-11-13, 12:18 PM   #223
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I never get refills. A small drink is plenty. Anything bigger and I'm going to need to pee in the middle of the movie.

-----
PSN: CactusKind
Old 01-11-13, 12:31 PM   #224
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni View Post
I never get refills. A small drink is plenty. Anything bigger and I'm going to need to pee in the middle of the movie.
That's why I get an ICEE instead of a soda. Less actual liquid. I get the refill to take home. If I get a soda, I usually don't make it through the movie...
Old 01-11-13, 12:59 PM   #225
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
Happened to me last night. I tried inside by the kiosk where I normally try, got Almost There msg, then tried again, got a Contact Us, can't load the card. Went outside, same results. Called, in queue for about 3 minutes, call dropped, pretty sure it was their end as there were some beeps first. Tried to sign out of app, close and reopen and sign back in, same results. Called again, in queue for about 2 minutes. Couple minutes later she loaded my card and I was good to go.

Last edited by IDrinkMolson; 01-11-13 at 01:04 PM.