Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

COKE REWARDS! need just 2 codes!

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

COKE REWARDS! need just 2 codes!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-14, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Re: COKE REWARDS! need just 2 codes!

Originally Posted by rassi
Does anyone know if Beta and "regular" rewards are the same, or are there some available only through beta?
I have heard that they are separate rewards. To be honest, I have never looked at the rewards on the Beta site. I am not a social media type person and hate the Beta site. The only reason I even go to that site is to build up to gold level in case there are exclusive rewards for being there.
Old 11-07-14, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Does anyone know if Beta and "regular" rewards are the same, or are there some available only through beta?
I too think they are separate. I usually renew my Entertainment Weekly for a year using coke rewards. However, when I checked a couple months ago it wasn't available on the regular site, but it was on the beta, and you had to have gold status.
Old 11-09-14, 09:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How can you see rewards on other levels beyond what you've qualified for?
Old 11-09-14, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just click on Rewards in Beta, then scroll down, there's a "See All" link at the bottom of each level.
Old 11-11-14, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Double Points on Coke, Diet, and Zero 12 packs on Beta from today through the 14th.
Old 11-12-14, 09:45 AM

Anyone know if there is a limit to rewards like magazines - can you cash in for more than 1 of the same reward at a time? My wife likes People magazine but they are so expensive. It's a good way to use our reward points. Would like to get several but not sure if you can.
Old 11-12-14, 02:39 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

I heard people on FW who said they had trouble doing multiple rnewals with some Time publiations. Some times they say for new subscribers only or only one redemption per 6 months. One guy on FW couldn't get EW to honor his after doing several.
Old 11-17-14, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

MCR giftcard deals have started. You must use Beta and connect a twitter account in order to participate. Todays deals are Best Buy $25 gc(625 points), Nike $10 gc(250 points) and a Gold AMC ticket & large soda(245 points).

Supposedly 3 more rewards will be dropped each week for the next 3 weeks. After you have tweeted and posted a pic, you must claim your reward in order to receive it. Give it a minute or two, then refresh the page and look in the top right corner. Should be a number there. Click on it to claim your rewards.
Old 11-17-14, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

what the fuck is that shit? why the hell are they making it more difficult?
Old 11-17-14, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I agree, it's nothing but a load of bs. Luckily I had a bogus twitter account already set up from a previous MCR deal. As far as the tweets go, I just followed suit like some others on the SD MCR thread and added some sarcastic remark about using social media.

The pic I posted for the Best Buy gc was just some random pic I pulled up on the net. Now if they try to use an instagram challenge I'm screwed. Hopefully they just stick to twitter. Unfortunately this looks to be the start of whats to come for this rewards program.
Old 11-17-14, 04:10 PM

I do have to do something specific for the Amazon one, or just get my status to Silver? Edit- I did a lot of stuff, then got silver status.

Last edited by KurtK26; 11-17-14 at 04:38 PM.
Old 11-17-14, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

100 Points for a $5 Dunkin Donuts Gift Card - Limited one per account.

I usually get my donuts at Tim Hortons but will be willing to stop by the nearest Dunkin Donuts and use the gift cards.

Last edited by LaxBandit; 11-17-14 at 05:25 PM.
Old 11-17-14, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is alarming, there's no way I'm joining twitter just for this. Maybe they're trying to get more people to spend 1425 points for the $20 egiftcards for B&N or Petco?
Old 11-17-14, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Looks a bit like the program is headed for the crapper. Sucks because I have hundreds upon hundreds of points built up. I just hope I can still renew EW for a year when I finally hit gold in a few weeks. If all the good Christmas stuff is beta, social media related stuff too I may just say so long. Not really worth it to me.
Old 11-17-14, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm trying to tweet the picture and link a twitter account but keep getting error messages, ugh.

Edit - eventually got it to work. What a pain in the ass but worth it in the end.

Last edited by SethDLH; 11-17-14 at 10:35 PM.
Old 11-17-14, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by SethDLH
I'm trying to tweet the picture and link a twitter account but keep getting error messages, ugh.
Quite a few others have been dealing with the same issues. If you haven't already, go into your profile and look under where it says "edit profile" underneath your name and screen name along the left side of the page. It's barely noticeable due to the size and the color font that is used. Once there, click on "Social Networks" and check your Twitter settings. If it is not connected, click connect. If it has already been connected, click disconnect and then click connect to re-connect it. This has worked for some over at SD. Luckily I had no issues once I connected my Twitter account to the site.

Also of note, make sure your Twitter account is not set to private as it will not go through unless you change the settings.
Old 11-17-14, 11:12 PM
Premium Member

Received 694 Likes on 464 Posts

Thanks for the info. I picked up the BB $25 GC. It says 6-8 weeks for delivery.
Old 11-18-14, 10:38 AM

Haven't tried for these yet, but when I was trying to earn gold status, all the "challenges" that required you to tweet a photo, I didn't actually put a photo in a single one of them but still got the points towards the next tier. I did every challenge for about 4 days and moved up from bronze to gold. You can re-do challenges to earn your tiers every day. Just FYI...
Old 11-18-14, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm sure this is probably just a North/South Carolina thing, but Target has the Coke 12 packs 4/$11 this week and specially marked packages of Sprite offer a free Charlotte Hornets retro t-shirt. You must buy (3) 12 packs with the offer on the package to receive the free shirt. Enter the codes on MCR and claim the t-shirt. Sizes run from S-XXL. Limit 3 shirts per member.
Old 11-18-14, 07:43 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

If you have this weeks target circular. There is a coupon (11/16-11/22) for a free 10 dollar target giftcard with purchase of 50 dollars in food or beverage. You can text for coupon
text GROCERY to TARGET (827438)
Old 11-18-14, 10:30 PM

Received 41 Likes on 14 Posts

Haven't tried for these yet, but when I was trying to earn gold status, all the "challenges" that required you to tweet a photo, I didn't actually put a photo in a single one of them but still got the points towards the next tier. I did every challenge for about 4 days and moved up from bronze to gold. You can re-do challenges to earn your tiers every day. Just FYI...
Good post. This status thing is a giant pain in the ass at first, but, like rassi says, just redo all the challenges every day. I've gone from Bronze to being close enough for Gold (should reach it tomorrow) in about a week.

Thanks to those who mentioned making a fake Twitter account for the MCR challenges. Don't know why I wouldn't have thought of it otherwise, but it made me feel better to make a fake account to link (the terms MCR has when you have to agree to link was giving it a bit too much access to my normal account). And you still get the status, even if you are less than complementary to the program within your Tweets.
Old 11-24-14, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

copied from SD...

11/24/14 - 11/28/14

Offer Overview:
Earn Double Points on all Diet Coke, Coke Zero and Coca-Cola 12-packs during promotional timeframe.

Eligible Products:

• Coke Zero Fridge Pack
• Cherry Coke Zero Fridge Pack
• Vanilla Coke Zero Fridge Pack
• Caffeine Free Coke Zero Fridge Pack
• Diet Coke Fridge Pack
• Caffeine Free Diet Coke Fridge Pack
• Diet Cherry Coke Fridge Pack
• Diet Coke w/Splenda Fridge Pack
• Diet Coke w/Lime Fridge Pack
• Coca-Cola Fridge Pack
• Coca-Cola Lime Fridge Pack
• Caffeine Free Coca-Cola Fridge Pack
• Cherry Coca-Cola Fridge Pack
• Vanilla Coca-Cola Fridge Pack

Also, for those on Beta you can get a $10 Domino's gfit card for 200 points. No hoops to jump through just look in the rewards section under giftcards.

This weeks Santas Wishlist item is a $25 United Airline gift card for 625 points. Once again you have to use Twitter.

Finally, someone mentioned that MCR posted on Facebook that only 2 rewards would be released today and 5 next Monday. So far this years offerings are looking pretty week.
Old 11-24-14, 08:50 AM

Thanks for the tip about the Dominos GC. Will make a nice stocking stuffer for my son in college....
Old 11-25-14, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Heads-Up - if you order the Dunkin Donuts Gift Card and/or the 12 Pack Coupon - you should be receiving them in the next few days.

Thanks for the tip on the Dominos GC - picked up one for a friend - whose been helping me out by giving me codes lately.

Crud - no 12 pack codes here to double - everyone I know (including myself) has been buying the 24 oz 6-Packs or 2 Liters.
If they want to do a double/triple pointer with the caps - I would welcome that.
Also noone has sales on Coke 12-Packs this week either. (Great deals on Pepsi 12-Packs though...) Unless someone like CVS does on Black Friday.
Heck, I might try Home Depot - one Black Friday, they had 12 packs for $1.49! - made it a better deal as I had a bunch of buy 2, get $1.00 off coupons.

Last edited by LaxBandit; 11-25-14 at 10:31 AM.
Old 11-29-14, 03:53 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

I was fooling around on the Softcard app on my phone and scored 90 points by adding my MCR "loyalty card" to it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.