Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

OfficeDepot.com - 250 Business Cards for $1.00.....

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

OfficeDepot.com - 250 Business Cards for $1.00.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-07, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by juanmgonzalez
Old 01-16-07, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Man those bastards called me up and said they couldn't print the cards because of the profanity.....
Old 01-16-07, 08:15 PM

a short story:

I ordered a set of the cards that just had my first name on them (because I'm a smartass), then a few minutes later I ordered another joke set for a friend. I just received both orders today, but the ones with my name did not show up. Instead, I got a set for a guy from some pest control board in California with a government email address. So I sent him an email to let him know I had his business cards and that he should contact Office Depot to find out what happened. He emailed me back an hour or so later to say that he had never completed the order for the cards, because his office address was changing soon. So, I received an order for cards that he did not place, and the ones that I wanted are out drifting around in the ether somewhere. I called Office Depot and they have scheduled for UPS to come get the wrong cards so they can reissue my correct set. All this trouble for some $1.07 business cards.

fin
Old 01-17-07, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
got mine today, as ordered - great deal, thanks OP!
Old 01-18-07, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Minor Threat
Man those bastards called me up and said they couldn't print the cards because of the profanity.....
I am sorry that i copied you but my exact replicates shipped and are scheduled to come tomorrow!
Old 01-18-07, 08:10 PM

Got mine today. Nice for $1.05. Thanks OP.
Old 01-18-07, 08:52 PM

I received mine today as well. Worth all 105 pennies!
Old 01-18-07, 11:57 PM

Thanks, ordered some for one of my websites, very simple with just the company name and the web address.

Then i couldn't resist so I ordered some with some profanity for people who choose to park poorly. We'll see if they go through.
Old 01-19-07, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just moved and ordered a set...nice find!
Old 01-19-07, 06:56 PM

I recieved someone else's " I KNOW WHAT YOU DID " cards.
Old 01-19-07, 07:21 PM

I got a call tonight saying I should just discard my pest control cards and they will credit me back for the dollar on my original order, because they are cancelling it.

I'm just going to use the pest control cards anyway.
Old 01-19-07, 07:29 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by billz
a short story:

I ordered a set of the cards that just had my first name on them (because I'm a smartass), then a few minutes later I ordered another joke set for a friend. I just received both orders today, but the ones with my name did not show up. Instead, I got a set for a guy from some pest control board in California with a government email address. So I sent him an email to let him know I had his business cards and that he should contact Office Depot to find out what happened. He emailed me back an hour or so later to say that he had never completed the order for the cards, because his office address was changing soon. So, I received an order for cards that he did not place, and the ones that I wanted are out drifting around in the ether somewhere. I called Office Depot and they have scheduled for UPS to come get the wrong cards so they can reissue my correct set. All this trouble for some $1.07 business cards.

fin
Yea, that was me. I was wondering if you found the deal here. I never did complete my order. I got the the point to enter my billing information and then backed out. It's crazy that they would then print them and then mail them to someone else.

I'm still looking out for your business cards, billz. Nothing yet.
Originally Posted by billz
I'm just going to use the pest control cards anyway.
I look forward to the confusing emails and phone calls!

Last edited by RVdis; 01-19-07 at 07:32 PM.
Old 01-19-07, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Man when I checked out I had TWO sets of cards in the cart. I clicked 'Edit' on the first one to look at it and it was for a childrens charity in California!

Talk about an insecure website. I checked and rechecked my cards several times to make sure it didn't change.

Now, is this coupon reusable on the same address/credit card?

Last edited by cornflakeguy; 01-19-07 at 10:59 PM.
Old 01-19-07, 11:04 PM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
I got mine today. Literally couldn't be happier. I have such a sad life.
Old 01-19-07, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 353 Likes on 229 Posts
Originally Posted by Trelach24
I ordered this, only with my actual info

I hope you don't mind, but I copied this very practical idea. Here's to winning lots of free lunches.
Old 01-20-07, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by RVdis
Yea, that was me. I was wondering if you found the deal here. I never did complete my order. I got the the point to enter my billing information and then backed out. It's crazy that they would then print them and then mail them to someone else.

I'm still looking out for your business cards, billz. Nothing yet.

I look forward to the confusing emails and phone calls!
You shouldn't get anything, the CSR said she was cancelling my original order. It took me five minutes to convince her that I didn't order the cards you almost bought. Plus she had a very thick accent, so it was a struggle to communicate with her.

Just kidding about using the cards, but if I did I would cross out all of your information and just write my name on them, though it would delight me greatly to confuse the hell out of people.
Old 01-20-07, 08:41 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by cornflakeguy
Man when I checked out I had TWO sets of cards in the cart. I clicked 'Edit' on the first one to look at it and it was for a childrens charity in California!

Talk about an insecure website. I checked and rechecked my cards several times to make sure it didn't change.

I don't think it is an insecure website, I think it is that the link at the top of this post has a session ID, and since we all are using that link , we all are effectively logging into the same session and crossing our orders. It happened to me to, fortunately I "edited" my order before sending and saw it. Try copying the link without the session ID and I'd guess you'd be fine.

Councelor
Old 01-20-07, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Got mine, thanks again OP!
Old 01-23-07, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by SPiRAL
I recieved someone else's " I KNOW WHAT YOU DID " cards.
Thats funny. I got the exact same cards .. guess someone else got mine
Old 01-23-07, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

their website blows monkey balls. i tried three times to format my cards. each time they either disappeared from the cart or changed to something else.

made it all the way to the checkout stage with *MY* cards proceeded to check out. now in the order status page it looks like i will be recieving WILD SIDE PAINTINGS you name it we can paint it from Stockton,CA lololol
I Stand By My Previous Statement!

Last edited by dollfins1; 01-23-07 at 10:29 PM.
Old 01-23-07, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks, I just ordered me a set.

I normally use buisness card to make list on the back of. If mine are wrong, then I have 250 cards to make lists on.
Old 01-24-07, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm in checkout for my order, and it gives me the option to click "pickup at store" in the shipping informaion box. Has anyone does this? Is it quicker? Available at all stores?

EDIT: Crap. I selected the "pickup at store" button, where it had me select a store close to my zip code I entered at the beginning of the process, and when I did that it took me to the shopping card, which says it's empty. It also says my order is scheduled for store pickup. I never entered in my credit card info, it neve gave me a 'final checkout' screen, I didn't receive any confirmation emails, and the cart box under the shopping tools tab says 0 items but has a link that says "store pickup" and if you click it it gives you there page about shippings options, costs, etc and at the very bottom it says most stuff is available to pickup in 4 hours at the store.

But I have no confirmation or anything, so I may call the local store and see what they can tell me if received an online order or anything.

Last edited by GradVT06; 01-24-07 at 08:19 AM.
Old 01-30-07, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

These came yesterday. Awesome deal for $1.05!
Old 01-30-07, 08:29 PM

Code doesn't work anymore, anyone got a new code?
Old 01-31-07, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second Star on the right, and straight on til' morning...
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by cornflakeguy

I just received your cards last night.

SERIOUSLY.

Now I wonder who got mine?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.