Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

Home Depot coupons? (Buying a new fridge)

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-07, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Buying a new fridge this week from Home Depot. Only looking to spend about $600.00 but I'm wondering if there are any deals/coupons out there.

Also, if you know any good deals on fridges in that price range, feel free to post those as well....thanks!!
Old 01-09-07, 07:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can usually get a 10% off coupon on EBAY for like $2 or so.
Old 01-09-07, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you have any military background they match Lowes and give you %10 off any purchase. Now, this is a YMMV situation, because you have to get them to PM Lowes, but all my local HD's do it.
Old 01-09-07, 06:30 PM

Go on ebay, Home Depot gave there employes at X-mas a 20% off card or coupon ..
Old 01-09-07, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Received 811 Likes on 316 Posts
Originally Posted by gijon213
If you have any military background they match Lowes and give you %10 off any purchase. Now, this is a YMMV situation, because you have to get them to PM Lowes, but all my local HD's do it.
And if you're not affiliated with the military you can just go here and get the Lowe's 10% coupon:

http://www.lowesmoving.com

All Home Depots are supposed to accept competitor's coupons, although I couldn't get them to when making a purchase on Black Friday. Once you receive the email you can just print it out and don't have to wait for it to arrive in the mail.

Here's the 10% Home Depot coupon:

https://www.homedepotmoving.com/sign...Mode=10percent

Although, you have to wait the 4-5 weeks it supposedly takes to arrive in the mail.

Last edited by Chad; 01-09-07 at 07:24 PM.
Old 01-10-07, 07:20 PM

Usually the post office has a change of address packet that you would use if you are moving. Mine had a 10% home depot coupon good for the entire purchase. Something to look into if you are going to the post office.
Old 01-10-07, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Received 811 Likes on 316 Posts
Originally Posted by RockingY
Usually the post office has a change of address packet that you would use if you are moving. Mine had a 10% home depot coupon good for the entire purchase. Something to look into if you are going to the post office.
Unfortunately the new ones don't contain the actual coupons anymore. Now they just have a form to send off and receive the coupon through the mail and the link to request it over the net.
Old 01-12-07, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

"Unfortunately the new ones don't contain the actual coupons anymore. Now they just have a form to send off and receive the coupon through the mail and the link to request it over the net."

That was do to the fact that people were going into the USPS office and grabbing the packet, taking the coupon, and then throwing the rest away. Then add the fact that a few Ebay knucklheads thought it was a good idea to sell these also on Ebay which Home Depot is completely aware of. I'm sure the USPS got sick of people just taking them for the coupon and then having to foot the bill by putting more out. I used to work within the company(a joke of a company at that). If you want a coupon now you have to wait 4-5 weeks and that's if it works. I can;t count how many people called about not getting a coupon.

If you buy one off of Ebay be ready to get rejected at the cash register. Any Home Depot that has a clue will reject it. The only way to get a legit coupon is to request one from the website. Good luck but as others have said, coupons are best used at Lowe's. Even the fake Home Depot coupons get accepted there.
Old 01-17-07, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 147 Likes on 94 Posts
10% off Energy Star appliances costing $297 or more, available online or in-store:

http://dealnews.com/deals/Home-Depot...re/150143.html