Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk

HD Talk The place to discuss HD DVD, Blu-ray and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

View Poll Results: How do you decide which Bluray to watch?
start with new releases 0 0%
start with older cult or classic movie 1 5.00%
start with comfort movie 1 5.00%
start with rental (Netflix, Red Box, etc.) movie 1 5.00%
start with something just got in mail (which may include above) 0 0%
whatever I'm in the mood for 12 60.00%
Other, please specify... 4 20.00%
What are you high? 1 5.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-06-17, 12:59 PM   #26
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: How do you decide which Bluray to watch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k View Post
As I get older, I find that I fall asleep a lot while watching movies. So, the length of the movie plays a lot into my decision. 90 min? OK. 2:40? Probably won't make it!
Thank you. As an old, old man the same thing happens to me. Trust me, it only gets worse. And, Kids, it makes no difference how good or bad the movie is. Sometimes I'll blink out for just a minute or two and I have to find where I left off. Generally, if I'm going to seriously watch a film I have to start much earlier in the evening than I used to, and save the extra stuff for later on, since it won't matter if I nod off.

As a kid, I never understood how my late father could fall asleep about 20 minutes into all these exciting movies we were watching. What was wrong with him? Now I get it.
Old 06-06-17, 02:38 PM   #27
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWilson View Post
Everybody has their own little idiosyncrasies. I never unwrap my discs until I decide to watch them (long story!).
I do that too. The problem for me is that I find myself reluctant to open them fearing they may be worth a fortune as out-of-print titles if left as brand new.

I'm sure there are many Disney VHS titles that are still sitting in closets across America for that very same reason.
Old 06-06-17, 07:35 PM   #28
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k View Post
I spend about 15 minutes perusing my collection....eventually, I pick Big Lebowski....again.
Well that is ALWAYS a good choice.
Old 06-07-17, 04:51 AM   #29
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I have a intricate process that involves the alignment of the stars, intensive counseling from my guru, my belief that the holocaust never happened and how much alcohol I have consumed.
Old 06-07-17, 06:37 AM   #30
kd5
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWilson View Post
Everybody has their own little idiosyncrasies. I never unwrap my discs until I decide to watch them (long story!).
I won't unwrap some of mine for a few days in hopes of finding it cheaper elsewhere, but I won't leave it unwrapped beyond those few days, if there's anything wrong with the contents/disc inside the case, I want to be able to return it for an exchange. Plus, I just get itchy fingers...

My DVD/BD Collection
Old 06-07-17, 07:25 AM   #31
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangerunner View Post
I do that too. The problem for me is that I find myself reluctant to open them fearing they may be worth a fortune as out-of-print titles if left as brand new.

I'm sure there are many Disney VHS titles that are still sitting in closets across America for that very same reason.
That's certainly part of it, and I have an unwrapped "Little Mermaid" VHS and a few other things that I should probably have sold, as well as a buttload of unwrapped DVDS.

I've only gotten burned once, so far. My 2-disc copy (with sleeve) of "Iron Man2" (maybe that was the "burn" right there) only had the feature disc. However, by the time I got around to watching it, the 2 hours of extras on the second disc had been posted to YouTube. Of course, I do watch message boards and other sources for glitches other people have found, and replacement situations, as happens with every third Shout! bluray.