Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Outrage: Coda (Kitano) Calling all Takeshi Kitano blu-ray fans!!

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-18, 08:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So this post will be a bit different. I'm not announcing that this is coming out, but at this point it has a 50/50 chance of happening in the United States.

So after talking to Celluloid Dreams, they told me they sold the rights to Film Movement. After talking to Film Movement, they confirmed they have the rights and will be releasing the film. Good news right? Somewhat. They aren't sure that the blu-ray format will be getting the film as there might not be enough interest/demand for Kitano anymore and it might simply just go straight to DVD only. They said they have to gauge interest first, before deciding if it's worth getting a blu-ray release.

So I'm trying to see if this is a film people would want on blu-ray and it's really up to us to help them decide.

I'm a huge fan of the first two films and I watched the this one last week and it was a perfect end to the series. It wouldn't make sense that the third one wouldn't get a blu-ray release seeing as how the first two did. (From Magnolia)

So please post any thoughts here, and if you want to show them that you're interested in this release please e-mail their customer service e-mail at [email protected].

If enough interest is shown we can get this film on blu-ray otherwise it's going to DVD only.
Old 04-30-18, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts
Re: Outrage: Coda (Kitano) Calling all Takeshi Kitano blu-ray fans!!

I have them both. I guess this would complete the trilogy. Count me in.
Old 04-30-18, 10:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
I have them both. I guess this would complete the trilogy. Count me in.
Yeah, we don't get many gangster drama's that go beyond 1 film. A short e-mail letting them know you're interested will surely help. I've posted this in a few other forums as well, so hopefully a few people are willing to help.
Old 11-30-18, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

So this did get a digital and Blu-ray release here in the states. Now if you have Hoopla Digital via your public library, you can watch Outrage: Coda on there for free. I'll be doing that this weekend.