Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan Director's Cut - 6/7/16

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan Director's Cut - 6/7/16

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-16, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts
Re: Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan Director's Cut - 6/7/16

Forgot about that Steelbook set. That is an interesting option, to say the least.
Old 06-22-16, 07:52 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

From thedigitalbits regarding the disc screwup:

“It has come to our attention that there is a slight master assembly error on the recent Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan – Director’s Cut Blu-ray release. Fans who would like a replacement should contact our customer service department at [email protected] or toll free at 844-898-4365. The corrected product will be shipped free of charge. It is always our intention to distribute the highest quality product and we apologize for any inconvenience this error has caused.”
Old 06-22-16, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

From what I read, you'll not only have to send the disc but the case as well.
Old 06-22-16, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,610 Posts

I was out of the country and missed when this was on sale for $14.99. I'm in no rush to acquire it. I'll wait until it drops in price again. Especially now with the defect.
Old 06-23-16, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
From what I read, you'll not only have to send the disc but the case as well.
That's what is says on the recording if you call the number.
Old 06-23-16, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
That's what is says on the recording if you call the number.
Doesn't make sense. Why not just send the disc in unless there was something wrong with the case as well.
Old 06-23-16, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
Doesn't make sense. Why not just send the disc in unless there was something wrong with the case as well.
Maybe they'll "fix" the lousy cover art as well.
Old 06-28-16, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk God

So I was at Best Buy today and I decided to pick it up. But, I did see that Walmart was selling it for $12.99, so I showed them my phone and got a price match. Best Buy was selling it for $17.99.

FYI, the Star Trek Beyond $8 Movie Ticket is on the back of the sticker on the slip cover. It's a little difficult to remove and there's no 2nd layer, so the code is on the sticky area. So remove it carefully. Initially I thought it was going to be an insert in the case or on the wrapper, but it was nowhere to be found. I almost thought I got screwed until I decided to peel off the sticker. Stupid place to put it.

As far as the defect and replacement program goes, screw that. I'm not sending the disc and case back. I'll live with the minor defect.
Old 06-30-16, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just got an email about the WoK replacement and they'll be sending a mailer for the entire package not just the disc. Fine with me, but I don't see the point about wanting the disc, let alone anything else, back. Why not just have everyone who bought the defective disc send in proof of purchase / UPC, send them a replacement disc, and let the customer (if they choose to) dispose of the defective disc? What a waste of time and money to go to all that effort.
Old 07-01-16, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 362 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
So I was at Best Buy today and I decided to pick it up. But, I did see that Walmart was selling it for $12.99, so I showed them my phone and got a price match. Best Buy was selling it for $17.99.

FYI, the Star Trek Beyond $8 Movie Ticket is on the back of the sticker on the slip cover. It's a little difficult to remove and there's no 2nd layer, so the code is on the sticky area. So remove it carefully. Initially I thought it was going to be an insert in the case or on the wrapper, but it was nowhere to be found. I almost thought I got screwed until I decided to peel off the sticker. Stupid place to put it.

As far as the defect and replacement program goes, screw that. I'm not sending the disc and case back. I'll live with the minor defect.
Amazon also selling for $12.99.
Old 07-03-16, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

What's the big deal about sending the case back? If it's on their dime, and they're sending you a new one, what difference does it make to you?
Old 07-03-16, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

If people are concerned about the slipcover they could send th rest back without it. The return center isn't going to know if you got slip or not when you bought it.
Old 07-03-16, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
What's the big deal about sending the case back? If it's on their dime, and they're sending you a new one, what difference does it make to you?
My issue would be if I got the steelbook case. It seems to be hard enough to find a non dented case as it is. If I send it back to the on the replacement program there are a couple of ways that it could go. First, is that I get the steelbook back, but it has been damaged in the mail. Second, and I think this is more likely, I get back a fixed disc and regular case, as they are just sending a complete "fixed" copy.
Old 07-03-16, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 215 Likes on 190 Posts

If people are concerned about the slipcover they could send th rest back without it. The return center isn't going to know if you got slip or not when you bought it.
I'm not sending back the slip unless they specifically ask for it.
Old 07-03-16, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

I didn't buy this yet but it sounds like a pain for the exchange program. When there were issues with season one of The Next Generation the exchange process was easy.
Old 07-03-16, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya

This is exactly what their intention is. Make it difficult for the consumer = less returns.

I'd simply send them the disc. If they say sorry you didn't go by the rules..say, "Well, I sent the case, fuck you. Send me my disc."
Old 07-04-16, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

I contacted Amazon to try and find out if they were shipping the corrected versions, and (naturally!) the best I got from them was "if we send you the wrong one, feel free to ship it back."
Old 07-05-16, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

Might pick this up eventually if the corrected version is easily identifiable but definitely not going to deal with an exchange program like that. If Paramount didn't require discs be sent back for the messed up TNG discs, why now?
Old 07-05-16, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
Might pick this up eventually if the corrected version is easily identifiable but definitely not going to deal with an exchange program like that. If Paramount didn't require discs be sent back for the messed up TNG discs, why now?
Agreed. I was in Walmart last night and was considering buying this. The hassle of the exchange program was enough for me to put the copy I was thinking of buying back on the shelf. The hideous cover art was merely confirmation that I made the correct decision.
Old 07-05-16, 12:12 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts

Originally Posted by jjcool
Agreed. I was in Walmart last night and was considering buying this. The hassle of the exchange program was enough for me to put the copy I was thinking of buying back on the shelf. The hideous cover art was merely confirmation that I made the correct decision.
you and your cover art. get over it and just enjoy the movie and extras inside...
Old 07-05-16, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't know if the TNG exchange program really didn't involve sending the discs in or not, but frankly I'm always surprised when they don't ask for the originals back. What is stopping people that didn't buy the set from claiming they did? I wouldn't mind getting a Khan replacement disc that I could stick on my TOS movie BD box set. In fact, that is what I will eventually will do (buying the disc when it goes on clearance) since that Mondo cover is just hideous.
Old 07-05-16, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk God

Shout's replacement program for Army of Darkness asked you to fill out an online form and then a copy of your receipt, which you scan and e-mail to them.

The TNG trade-in program was fairly simple as well. I believe for proof for purchase, you had to look under the defective disc and include the code on it as your proof of purchase. It was very hard to read.
Old 07-05-16, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

I don't know if the TNG exchange program really didn't involve sending the discs in or not, but frankly I'm always surprised when they don't ask for the originals back. What is stopping people that didn't buy the set from claiming they did? I wouldn't mind getting a Khan replacement disc that I could stick on my TOS movie BD box set. In fact, that is what I will eventually will do (buying the disc when it goes on clearance) since that Mondo cover is just hideous.
I took part in the TNG exchange - they did not require the discs come back to them.

As far as preventing people taking advantage of it, I suppose they need to weight that against alienating their actual paying customers.
Old 07-05-16, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

As far as preventing people taking advantage of it, I suppose they need to weight that against alienating their actual paying customers.
Could be since it's very easy to spoof a non-descript receipt or get disc numbers off the web. Wonder how many people request replacement discs for titles they never even purchased. I suspect that number is high, and would have been ever higher if Paramount didn't require the discs been sent back for Khan.
Old 07-06-16, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by OldBoy
you and your cover art. get over it and just enjoy the movie and extras inside...
Don't you have stuff to repost? Or questions about how to google that need to be asked?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.