Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Mad Max: Fury Road (Sept. 1)

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Mad Max: Fury Road (Sept. 1)

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-15, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Solid Snake
Hrmmm. WB is releasing all 4 films in a anthology set called.... Mad Max Anthology. Amazon has it at the, current, price of $89.95. Oooooof. lol.

How did the MM trilogy set have MM1? Was it the exact MGM BD?
Well, I'd like the UV codes, but I already have the old tin trilogy set, so there isn't much reason for me to pick that up rather than just get FR separately. I suppose I could just D2D them anyway, though I've heard that Vudu's MM2 ratio is wrong.
Old 05-24-15, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,190 Likes on 916 Posts
Re: Mad Max: Fury Road (Fall '15)

Originally Posted by Giles
which theater? an IMAX screen in my mind should be at least three stories tall (or 48 feet) did you like the Atmox mix, I was thoroughly impressed. thank god this is a Warner Bros. release and the bluray will have that mix included.
The standard IMAX screens here (real IMAX) are 6 stories tall.
Old 05-24-15, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Looks like a Black & White version of the film will be included on the Blu-Ray?

http://screenrant.com/mad-max-fury-r...ilent-version/
Old 05-24-15, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

And one with an isolated score.
Old 05-26-15, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,191 Likes on 2,059 Posts

Originally Posted by lastActionHero
Mad Max: Fury Road brings George Miller's post-apocalyptic franchise roaring vigorously back to life.
You hoping to get that coveted blurb on the Blu-ray case?
Old 05-26-15, 11:02 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
Which real IMAX screens are left though? Is Universal City still film? What is IMAX even releasing on film at this point? I assume the science center will still be film for a good long while since they run documentaries and own their prints.
Old 05-26-15, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The Henry Ford is a real IMAX, although since there won't be any more prints, I'm sure they'll have to be installing the laser system at some point soon.
Old 05-27-15, 01:10 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry, I meant in Southern California, which is where WSB and I both live.
Old 05-27-15, 06:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138
The Henry Ford is a real IMAX, although since there won't be any more prints, I'm sure they'll have to be installing the laser system at some point soon.
Yeah, I haven't been to a movie in IMAX in some time because that's the only real one in the area, and I refuse to pay IMAX prices for a screen that is really only marginally larger than the other screens in the same multiplex (Which is all I have as far as LieMAX options)
Old 05-27-15, 08:26 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Supermallet
Which real IMAX screens are left though? Is Universal City still film? What is IMAX even releasing on film at this point? I assume the science center will still be film for a good long while since they run documentaries and own their prints.
IMAX now has to convert the nature/science docs since Smithsonian Air & Space and Seattle's Science Center IMAX systems are now laser systems.

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
yes ideally, but I have to give AMC credit for the IMAX-Digital system at Tyson's Corner which is three stories tall - it's the largest in the DC metro area and it's the only IMAX-Digital system I'll go to if I have to see something in IMAX. (now if they could dial down the obscene volume levels).
Old 07-21-15, 08:01 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

According to Digitalbits, the release of the blu will have 6 featurettes and deleted scenes. So no B&W version included. Which means we'll be seeing another release down the road - so to speak.

http://thedigitalbits.com/columns/my...ts/072115_1530

The big news today is that Warner Home Video has just officially set Mad Max: Fury Road for Blu-ray and DVD release on 9/1, with the digital release set for 8/11. There will be a Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack for $44.95, a Blu-ray Combo Pack for $35.99, and 2-disc DVD for $28.98. All will include the theatrical edition of the film. Extras will include 6 featurettes (Maximum Fury: Filming Fury Road, Mad Max: Fury on Four Wheels, The Road Warriors: Max and Furiosa, The Tools of the Wasteland, The Five Wives: So Shiny, So Chrome, and Fury Road: Crash & Smash), plus deleted scenes. Boy, I wish there were a LOT more extras than that, but that’s what to expect.

Warner is also releasing a Mad Max 4-Film Blu-ray Anthology on 9/1 (SRP $89.98), that will include Mad Max (1979), The Road Warrior (1981), Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome (1985), and Mad Max: Fury Road on Blu-ray disc, plus the documentary Madness of Max on DVD, and Mad Max Anthology trading cards.
Old 07-22-15, 12:38 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't wait to own this.

Awesome movie.

Wish it had a more comprehensive making of. I'd love to watch a 2 hour making of doc.
Old 07-22-15, 10:23 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

and the bluray edition will also have the theatrical Dolby Atmos mix -
Old 07-23-15, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There's no way the B&W edition would appear in a store-exclusive Blu-ray, is there? I generally don't keep up on store-exclusive releases so I don't know what types of "exclusive" content they tend to offer.

There's a "Target Exclusive" BD of FURY ROAD that'll have 2 of the Vertigo comics.
Spoiler:
Available Only at Target: Two of four comics Vertigo is release for the Mad Max Fury Road series (advertising-free!). The story lines are "Mad Max #1" and "Mad Max: Nux & Immortan Joe #1". A balance of good guy versus bad guys!

These two exclusive comics are under one cover (64 pages in total), resized to the Blu-Ray case and shrink wrapped with an O-Sleeve on the outside.
Maybe it's futile, but one can go here :http://www.warnerbros.com/customer-service.
Select the topic "Home Video, DVD & Blu-ray," and express their desire for the B&W cut.
Old 07-23-15, 09:42 PM
Banned by request

Since Miller has said more than once he wanted to release a B&W cut, it's almost a definite we'll be seeing another release, hopefully with more extras and commentary.
Old 07-24-15, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by trespoochies
Since Miller has said more than once he wanted to release a B&W cut, it's almost a definite we'll be seeing another release, hopefully with more extras and commentary.
I hope so. But WB hasn't exactly been treating this film like a priority. Are the previous Mad Max films in the 4-film anthology even going to be remastered, or are they just repackaging the Blu-rays of ROAD WARRIOR & THUNDERDOME that came out years ago?
Old 07-24-15, 04:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,879 Posts

Originally Posted by Living Deadpan
I hope so. But WB hasn't exactly been treating this film like a priority. Are the previous Mad Max films in the 4-film anthology even going to be remastered, or are they just repackaging the Blu-rays of ROAD WARRIOR & THUNDERDOME that came out years ago?
I think it's a safe bet that they'll be the extant blu-ray discs.
Old 07-24-15, 09:36 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,181 Likes on 834 Posts

No B&W version? Lame. I'll skip this release until that happens.
Old 07-24-15, 08:08 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

WB has a wildly loving history w/ Miller. I don't know if he has the pull though.

This was my favorite movie of the year. Dunno if anything can top it cuz that's an insanely high standard to hit for me that early in the year.

Fury Road deserves better features. That silent B&W sounded really interesting. WB has been getting worse about features. Every year it's another blow w/ them.
Old 07-24-15, 08:46 PM
Banned by request

Re: Mad Max: Fury Road (Sept. 1)

Well they did release Gravity a second time a year later after its original release under their Luxe banner. No reason why they wouldn't do it for this one.
Old 07-24-15, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well they did release Gravity a second time a year later after its original release under their Luxe banner. No reason why they wouldn't do it for this one.
I was thinking the same thing. I'll scroll back but have they released audio specs for this version? Wasn't there some audio issues with the regular version of Gravity and their Luxe version? One had the Atmos mix and the other didn't?
Old 07-24-15, 09:13 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think the first one did. And people bitched that Luxe one didn't. I could be wrong.
Old 07-24-15, 09:55 PM
Banned by request

First release of Gravity was only 5.1 DTS-HD (much to Giles dismay), and did not have the Silent Space version. The Luxe (which is included the 3D disc) included the new Dolby Atmos 7.1.4 mix on the 2D disc only but not the 3D. The Luxe did finally include the Silent Space extra, but it was only in lossy 5.1. A royal screwup all around. And the Silent Space extra was discussed well before the first release.

This basically means if Warner decides to release a Luxe edition to Fury Road, expect it to be just as much a letdown as Gravity. Neither release will be an all-encompassing one.

Last edited by E Unit; 07-25-15 at 09:50 AM.
Old 07-24-15, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

I thought the majority of this forum doesn't give a crap or have time to watch extras.
Old 07-25-15, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Dolby Atmos

Does this mix play properly on 7.1 home theater setups or must equipment be upgraded? I saw FURY ROAD at a cinema w/ Dolby Atmos and it sounded fucking awesome. Amazing sound design.

WB has a wildly loving history w/ Miller. I don't know if he has the pull though.
It's sad to think that someone like Zack Snyder has more pull than George Miller. That they released the "director-preferred" version of SUCKER-PUNCH on Blu-ray but won't do the same for FURY ROAD.
This was my favorite movie of the year. Dunno if anything can top it cuz that's an insanely high standard to hit for me that early in the year.
FR is my favorite big budget film in years, it engaged me in a way that Hollywood movies have otherwise ceased to. I'm wondering if I should just be grateful that the film we got in theaters was released at all.

-------------------------------

According to blu-ray.com, this is going to be the artwork for the Best Buy-exclusive steelbook:

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.