Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

DC Animated Universe Films

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

DC Animated Universe Films

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-15, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,176 Likes on 4,205 Posts
re: DC Animated Universe Films

Yeah, the Target site lists that "deluxe" version, but I want a Steelbook. Will swing by my local store at 8 tomorrow morning. Thanks for the info.
Old 07-27-15, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
It'd be nice to get Hamill as The Joker too.
They did. Not that I would've minded Troy Baker doing Killing Joke (video), but this is just right.

Mark Hamill to Voice The Joker for BATMAN: THE KILLING JOKE Animated Film.
Old 07-27-15, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,151 Likes on 900 Posts

That's awesome. Hopefully that means that they'll get Conroy as Batman too. That pairing is too perfect to not work together especially on this project.

Also how is Michael C. Hall as the voice of Batman in the new Justice League: Gods and Monsters? He seems like an interesting choice but I know that Batman in that film is Kirk Langstrom and not Bruce Wayne so I doubt he'll be used regularly.
Old 07-27-15, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 807 Likes on 681 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
That's awesome. Hopefully that means that they'll get Conroy as Batman too. That pairing is too perfect to not work together especially on this project.

Also how is Michael C. Hall as the voice of Batman in the new Justice League: Gods and Monsters? He seems like an interesting choice but I know that Batman in that film is Kirk Langstrom and not Bruce Wayne so I doubt he'll be used regularly.
Benjamin Bratt is great as a much darker Superman. The character in Gods and Monsters really has no connection to Bruce Wayne's Batman, Hall does a fine job with this Kirk Langstrom Batman.

Last edited by PhantomStranger; 07-28-15 at 01:10 PM.
Old 07-28-15, 06:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

If anyone gets "Gods and Monsters" today, do me a favor...go to the bonus features and check out the trailer for "Man from UNCLE" - for some reason, mine is HEAVILY pixelated. The rest of my disc seems fine, just this trailer - I wanted to see if I got a bad disc, or if they're ALL like that.
Old 07-28-15, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Stopped in at Target and at first the only steelbook I could see was packaged in with the action figure for 24.99. Did not want to shell out that much for a steelbook. While waiting for someone to ask if there was a solo version of the steelbook, I decided to look behind all of the regular blus and was able to find a couple steelbooks shoved at the back of the rows, so I'm happy to escape Target with one.
Old 07-28-15, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My wife scored our steelbook this morning and also reported that they are randomly placed between all the regular versions. Be sure to check through all the stock.
Old 07-28-15, 10:27 AM

Got to my store when they opened. Not a single Steelbook at my local Target this morning.
Old 07-28-15, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

A steelbook is a regular case with a metal slip cover or the whole case is metal?
Old 07-28-15, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Ranger
A steelbook is a regular case with a metal slip cover or the whole case is metal?
All metal. If you were to go to youtube and search "steelbook unboxing" you would see many entries that would allow you to see how they generally look for other titles. There might even be one for Gods and Monsters soon.
Old 07-28-15, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I think they went back to having the same SKU in the system, which would explain why you couldn't buy it online or have a store check their stock. The first store I went to said they only got a couple in, and they went fast. The second store had one left, so I was happy to find one.

I'm at work by the time the stores open, so I'm usually store hopping at lunch to try and find one by then. So far I've been able to get all of the steelbook releases, so it's going to be a sad day when I finally do miss one.
Old 07-28-15, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,491 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
Got to my store when they opened. Not a single Steelbook at my local Target this morning.
No single steelbooks and I went at opening too. Asked the guy to look in the back but he came up empty, and I think the UPC code is the same for both; they're probably mixed up in the box somewhere. Didn't think to look at the deluxe ones because there's no simple way to tell, so why in the world would they package them in there, but apparently they did. Ridiculous. Guess I'll wait for a sale.
Old 07-28-15, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
I think they went back to having the same SKU in the system, which would explain why you couldn't buy it online or have a store check their stock.
That's exactly what they did. They seem to switch back on forth on that on that process. Works out in our favor when they have some exclusives left and the title goes on a clearance sale.

I suspect that in at least some cases when there are none of these steelbooks (or other exclusives) available at opening, that somebody in the store has suspiciously missed putting them out on the shelves. When there are only two or three allocated per store this can easily be done.

Last edited by hdnmickey; 07-28-15 at 12:31 PM.
Old 07-28-15, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
Didn't think to look at the deluxe ones because there's no simple way to tell, so why in the world would they package them in there, but apparently they did.
The deluxe edition with the action figure either had a label or had writing on the packaging stating that a steelbook was inside. Don't recall which.

Last edited by dfmaverick2; 07-28-15 at 12:17 PM.
Old 07-28-15, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeap, and that's how I got my steelbook today. Target Deluxe with Figure. It was the only deluxe edition and there were no standalone steelies at the Target I went to. Btw, for those trying to figure out if your Deluxe has a steelie, it should be numbered on the bottom (XXXXX out of 60,200) and another sticker that says Target exclusive Steelbook inside. Its 24.99 (or cheaper with redcard), but I'll give the figure to my wife, she'll appreciate it
Old 07-28-15, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn, they are charging an extra $8 for the small figure? Does it at least come with a bonus disc or content or something?
Old 07-28-15, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Damn, they are charging an extra $8 for the small figure? Does it at least come with a bonus disc or content or something?
Nope, just the figure and the steelbook assuming the package is labeled correctly.
Old 07-28-15, 12:39 PM

There's no steelbook in the $25 Gift set, just the little tiny action figure. At least none of the ones I saw.
Old 07-28-15, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And a sticker that says limited edition numbered...lol (I bought it, so excuse me while I convince myself ). But its not as awful a figure as the pictures I've seen suggest. No extra content....I think the idea was that Target Deluxes (well some of them) would have the steelbook and figure, and then there would be just the plain edition. But my guess was that they made steelie standalones for some of the bigger Targets and the regular smaller Targets got what was left over.

Edit: BTW, for what's it is worth the art on the inside of the Steelbook and the back cover are quite good. Doesn't feel sloshed together at all.

Last edited by Kedrix; 07-28-15 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Art inside Steelbook
Old 07-28-15, 12:44 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts

thought i would be aced out when i went at 10 or so, but they had 2 steels and 1 DE and no other that i could see. frankly, if i didn't get one i would have been ok. i am not big into them anymore tttt. if they are easy to get and i particularly like the movie and the art work then i will get it, but not going out of my way anymore...
Old 07-28-15, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
If anyone gets "Gods and Monsters" today, do me a favor...go to the bonus features and check out the trailer for "Man from UNCLE" - for some reason, mine is HEAVILY pixelated. The rest of my disc seems fine, just this trailer - I wanted to see if I got a bad disc, or if they're ALL like that.
That trailer is curiously in SD resolution. I am not even sure why it was included on the BD.
Old 07-28-15, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,491 Posts

Originally Posted by Kedrix

Edit: BTW, for what's it is worth the art on the inside of the Steelbook and the back cover are quite good. Doesn't feel sloshed together at all.
This doesn't help!

Old 07-28-15, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Had a spare moment, so I took a few quick shots of the Gods and Monsters exclusive:

Last edited by gryffinmaster; 07-28-15 at 03:44 PM.
Old 07-28-15, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,151 Likes on 900 Posts

That's a nice looking steelbook. I'd probably get it if I were collecting them but I'd prefer to keep them all uniform.
Old 07-28-15, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

That is some of the best interior art we've seen from one of the DC Steelbooks. I guess they are all sold out now, which probably saves me some money.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.