Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

DC Animated Universe Films

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

DC Animated Universe Films

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-16, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,211 Likes on 2,071 Posts
Re: DC Animated Universe Films

Originally Posted by Mike86
Pretty certain that the disclaimer is referring to the toy. That's why there's also a choking hazard notice right by it.
...which says not for children under 3 years.
Old 05-05-16, 10:31 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by joltman
I haven't gotten around to watching Gods and Monsters yet, my question is, should I watch the Chronicles shorts before or after the movie?
Yes. Watching them during or concurrently would be silly.
Old 05-06-16, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
I do think it's a little weird and funny when Funko Pop Vinyl figures that seem perfectly innocuous but are based on characters from R-rated movies have big 14+or 17+ warning stickers on them.

yeah if the tv show or movie that the figure is from is TV-MA/R, the figure gets the 17+
Old 05-07-16, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138
Wached Justice League vs. Teen Titans.

Things I never needed to fucking see in a superhero movie:

1. A woman having sex with a demon.
2. Superheroes playing Dance Dance Revolution
3. Anime-style transformation sequences that wandered in from frigging Sailor Moon. Also, I know that Starfire is one of the the most needlessly sexualized characters in comics, but dressing Raven like that when she's supposed to be a teenager was amazingly unnecessary.

The demonic realm stuff was cool, but I wish the designers had gone a little more nuts with it. The voice cast is still kind of "meh." I don't get why they continue to insist on using O'Mara as Batman. He just doesn't have the gravity. There was some cool stuff in this, but it had too many characters and ideas and was undercooked. The rare moments of actual character development, though a bit secondhand, were nice. This new universe really needs some actual development and fleshing out instead of constant threats of the week.

I just watched this last night and I thought it was cool. It reminded me of an anime film - nothing specific - just that when you introduce demons and
Spoiler:
Satan
- all bets are off. I didn't mind the dance off at the carnival, because they're still youngins'. The transformations mid-battle (anime style) weren't jarring so much as they were fan service. I didn't mind - I just wonder why Starfire has that amulet right in her crotch. She was obviously designed that way but the transformation makes it the focal point. I was ok with it.
Old 05-07-16, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevor
Yes. Watching them during or concurrently would be silly.
Old 05-13-16, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Killing Joke is coming August 6.

Special Features:

An exclusive sneak peek at the next DC Universe Original Movie

Batman: The Killing Joke – Madness Set To Music – Jim Gordon must bear witness to the most disturbing images any father could imagine while a maniac entices his break from sanity in song. This documentary looks at the step-by-process of one of the most crucial scenes in Batman: The Killing Joke, including the methodology James Tucker used as he storyboarded Brian Bolland's stunning work for the screen; Dynamic Music Partners composers/lyricists' creative merging of original music with the poetic words from the graphic novel to provoke the desired feelings and emotions for this critical scene; and actor Mark Hamill's physical, devoted performance to capturing the world¹s most notorious Super-Villain in song.

Many Shades of Joker: The Tale of The Killing Joke – Brian Bolland's artwork is instantly recognizable to comic book enthusiasts all over the world. Known for his amazing cover art, it was a rare inclusion into the body of a graphic novel, Batman: The Killing Joke, that helped the perennial story of Batman and The Joker remain a fan favorite for decades to come. Combined with the graphic novel's original script – which is more than just the telling of a story, but an intricate map explaining every stop along the way to the end of a fantastic journey – this documentary reveals the artistic process behind The Killing Joke's distinct style. We'll learn how artists and writers excelled at conveying story and human emotion one panel at a time, mesmerizing readers with unforgettable stories and humanized depictions of heroes and villains. And why after nearly 30 years in print, Batman: The Killing Joke is more thought provoking than ever, as its socio-economic themes are relatable to generation after generation.

From the DC Comics Vault – Two 22-minute episodes:
The New Batman Adventures - "Old Wounds"
Batman: The Animated Series - "Christmas with The Joker"
Old 05-13-16, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Killing Joke is coming August 6.

Special Features:

An exclusive sneak peek at the next DC Universe Original Movie

Batman: The Killing Joke – Madness Set To Music – Jim Gordon must bear witness to the most disturbing images any father could imagine while a maniac entices his break from sanity in song. This documentary looks at the step-by-process of one of the most crucial scenes in Batman: The Killing Joke, including the methodology James Tucker used as he storyboarded Brian Bolland's stunning work for the screen; Dynamic Music Partners composers/lyricists' creative merging of original music with the poetic words from the graphic novel to provoke the desired feelings and emotions for this critical scene; and actor Mark Hamill's physical, devoted performance to capturing the world¹s most notorious Super-Villain in song.

Many Shades of Joker: The Tale of The Killing Joke – Brian Bolland's artwork is instantly recognizable to comic book enthusiasts all over the world. Known for his amazing cover art, it was a rare inclusion into the body of a graphic novel, Batman: The Killing Joke, that helped the perennial story of Batman and The Joker remain a fan favorite for decades to come. Combined with the graphic novel's original script – which is more than just the telling of a story, but an intricate map explaining every stop along the way to the end of a fantastic journey – this documentary reveals the artistic process behind The Killing Joke's distinct style. We'll learn how artists and writers excelled at conveying story and human emotion one panel at a time, mesmerizing readers with unforgettable stories and humanized depictions of heroes and villains. And why after nearly 30 years in print, Batman: The Killing Joke is more thought provoking than ever, as its socio-economic themes are relatable to generation after generation.

From the DC Comics Vault – Two 22-minute episodes:
The New Batman Adventures - "Old Wounds"
Batman: The Animated Series - "Christmas with The Joker"
Are the animated episodes in HD or SD?
Old 05-13-16, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,883 Likes on 1,239 Posts

Any 'DC Comics Vault' episodes from the HD era have been in high-def for quite a long while now. We've never seen any DC animation from the '90s in HD, and I'd be surprised to see that change now. I'd be thrilled but am not optimistic.
Old 05-13-16, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
Any 'DC Comics Vault' episodes from the HD era have been in high-def for quite a long while now. We've never seen any DC animation from the '90s in HD, and I'd be surprised to see that change now. I'd be thrilled but am not optimistic.
Thanks Adam! I wanted to know about BTAS and was hoping to see them in HD.
Old 05-13-16, 07:58 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts

Free rental of Justice League: Doom at Microsoft.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/stor...m/8d6kgwzl63p6
Old 05-16-16, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

I saw Kevin Conroy and Loren Lester (the voice of Robin in BTAS) at a convention yesterday. Conroy couldn't talk about the film very much due to a NDA, but Lester said

Spoiler:
He's not in it. But he didn't clarify if that means Robin isn't in it. Of course, Robin wasn't in the comic, so I'm not expecting him in the film)
Old 05-16-16, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

Just piping in to say that Justice League vs. Teen Titans was a lot better than I thought it would be, and clearly the best of the recent DCAU movies (although that's not saying much).
Old 06-07-16, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

‘Justice League Dark’ Will Be The Next DC Animated Movie

While we await on more news for the rumored big screen adaptation, it has been revealed that the next DC animated movie will be none other than Justice League Dark, but that’s pretty much all that we know about the project for now.

It looks like the studio wanted to keep it a surprise for the home release of Batman: The Killing Joke, but the British Board of Film Classification spilled the beans by revealing the additional material of the movie, which will include a “A Sneak Peak at Justice League Dark.” The running time of the sneak peak is listed as 7 minutes and 50 seconds.

No other details about the project have been revealed as of yet, but we’ll keep you updated. We’re probably going to find out more once Batman: The Killing Joke will be released on Digital HD on July 23 before it arrives on Blu-Ray and DVD on August 2th, unless we get an official announcement by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment soon.
http://heroichollywood.com/justice-l...nimated-movie/
Old 06-07-16, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

To be honest I'm interested in some of the characters but overall I'm not terribly interested in a Justice League Dark live action film. I think an animated feature would be interesting though as the DCAU has enough depth that they can do offshoot films like this on occasion.
Old 06-07-16, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 217 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
To be honest I'm interested in some of the characters but overall I'm not terribly interested in a Justice League Dark live action film. I think an animated feature would be interesting though as the DCAU has enough depth that they can do offshoot films like this on occasion.
It allows them to throw a lot of established characters on the screen, so I imagine that was the motivating factor. I'm just pleased to see them breaking from the Batman-Justice League cycle, if only a little bit.
Old 06-07-16, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Are they going to produce more Vixen episodes or is this a one time thing.

http://cwseed.com/shows/vixen/vixen-...9-818188019537
Old 06-07-16, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Is the animated series going to be on the fourth season as an extra?
Old 06-07-16, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,883 Likes on 1,239 Posts

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138
Is the animated series going to be on the fourth season as an extra?
Fourth season of Arrow? It's not mentioned in the press release. Not on the Blu-ray release for Legends of Tomorrow or season two of The Flash either. Hopefully it turns up somewhere, though!
Old 06-07-16, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

Vixen was just added to the cast of next season's Legends of Tomorrow.
Old 06-10-16, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Batman: The Killing Joke Getting One-Night Theatrical Release

http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/06/08/b...rical-release/

Batman: The Killing Joke, the much-anticipated animated adaptation of Brian Bolland and Alan Moore's seminal comicbook story, is getting a special theatrical release. Warner Bros. Home Entertainment is teaming up with Fathom Events for a one-night-only release in movie theaters across the country on Monday, July 25, 2016 in two showings at 7:30pm and 10pm local time. Remember, The Killing Joke is rated R, and standard cinema restrictions will apply.

The screenings hit just three days after the film's world premiere at San Diego Comic-Con on July 22, and one day before the movie is available in Digital HD on July 26, so fans who can't attend Comic-Con still have the opportunity to see the movie before it's officially released. There will be special intros and outros presented along with the film that are exclusive to the theatrical release, as well. The movie hits Blu-Ray and DVD on August 2, 2016.

Tickets for “Batman: The Killing Joke” can be purchased online beginning Friday, June 17 by visiting www.FathomEvents.com or at participating theater box offices. Fans throughout the U.S. will be able to enjoy the event in select movie theaters through Fathom’s Digital Broadcast Network. For a complete list of theater locations visit the Fathom Events website (theaters and participants are subject to change).

“Fathom Events is thrilled to be able to bring ‘Batman: The Killing Joke’ to movie theaters across the country so fans can see it on the big screen,” Fathom Events Vice President of Studio Relations Tom Lucas said in a press release. “Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment have created an amazing production based on a beloved graphic novel, and we’re honored to be a part of this release.”

Batman: The Killing Joke features the return of Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill as Batman and The Joker, respectively, roles they originated on Batman: The Animated Series nearly 25 years ago. Tara Strong voices Barbara Gordon and Ray Wise voices Commissioner Jim Gordon.
Old 06-23-16, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Batman: The Killing Joke Steelbook Zavvi Exclusive UK

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?p=12356059

I will probably end up getting the Target version which will most likely be similar.
Old 06-23-16, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

Looks pretty cool. Hopefully Target has a Steelbook similar to that.
Old 06-24-16, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

Aside from the credits on the inside, that is one awesome steelbook.
Old 06-24-16, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Maxflier
Aside from the credits on the inside, that is one awesome steelbook.
Weird that it's not centered. Looks like it was photoshopped in by an amateur.
Old 07-12-16, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Pre-order up @ Target

http://www.target.com/p/batman-the-k...t_adv_xasd0002

Best buy Canada

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/...4t3JAS1CPrQAvg

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.