Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Most Wanted Blu-ray releases..

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-14, 07:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there any chance that Hell Night, Fright Night, The Fury and The Brood will get releases on Blu-ray? I know that Twilight time released The Fury and Fright Night in limited releases, but there were alot of people that did not get these titles or at the time could not afford the twilight price.....I would love to see those two tiles get re-released. Also I am highly anticipating a blu-ray release of the movie Hell Night, which was originally released by anchor bay on DVD.
Old 08-24-14, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: Most Wanted Blu-ray releases..

Twilight Time's licenses are only for three years, from what I understand. That means that Fright Night, which was released on December 13, 2011, is about to expire. They've already hinted that they might re-license it for a possible re-release next year since so many people missed out on it the first go-round. If not, then Sony is free to release it themselves on Blu-ray or license it to someone else like Shout Factory or Mill Creek. If Twilight Time goes ahead and sets the precedent of re-releasing some of their out-of-print titles, then there is a very good chance we'll see The Fury get another run too. Otherwise, that one's off the market until 2016.

As for Hell Night and The Brood, I'm sure those will be released sooner or later on Blu-ray. They are both fairly popular titles with horror fans, and horror is probably the most successful genre for catalog sales. Personally, I'm hoping Criterion will release The Brood. They've already released Videodrome and Scanners (as well as The Naked Lunch), so The Brood would be a logical successor. Heck, they could really make my day and release Shivers and Rabid too!
Old 08-24-14, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by joliom
That means that Fright Night, which was released on December 13, 2011, is about to expire. They've already hinted that they might re-license it for a possible re-release next year since so many people missed out on it the first go-round.
They confirmed on their Facebook that it is getting reissued next year, so you can count on another limited run of those.
Old 09-13-14, 03:46 AM

Its been awhile since I last signed in, so Im not sure if this has been asked already. Has the Dennis Hopper directed movie COLORS been released yet on blu ray disc?
Old 09-13-14, 05:54 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to DVDtalk... when you get a chance please take some time to look around and get a feel for the place. In particular we have an area specifically for BluRay discussions "HD Talk". I went ahead and moved this to there as you're hopefully more likely to get an answer there.