Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Batman 60s TV Series Coming November 2014 in Blu-ray!

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Batman 60s TV Series Coming November 2014 in Blu-ray!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-15, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 280 Likes on 233 Posts
Re: Batman 60s TV Series Coming November 2014 in Blu-ray!

I receivd the e-mail that my replacement discs shipped, so kudos to WB for actually making it pretty easy get the discs.
Old 03-30-15, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

I posted this in the DC Animated Film thread for this year but figured it was worth putting in both threads. We're getting an animated Batman film starring West and Ward next year!! Pretty awesome if you ask me.

Animated Batman ’66 Film Coming Next Year with Adam West and Burt Ward

In case Ben Affleck’s turn as the dark knight in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice wasn’t enough for your anticipation levels, an animated film based on the 1966 Batman TV series will be debuting as well. Consequences of Sound (via /Film) brings word on the announcement which took place at the Batman panel at the Mad Monster Party in Charlotte, North Carolina this weekend.

“You can look forward to a new animated Batman, full length 90-minute feature, coming out on the 50th anniversary. One of possibly two, but for sure one, that Adam and I are doing the voices for,” Burt Ward revealed.
http://www.superherohype.com/news/33...-and-burt-ward
Old 04-02-15, 02:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 119 Likes on 71 Posts

Harry from AIN'T IT COOL NEWS says Julie Newmar will also be back as CATWOMAN.
Old 04-02-15, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,076 Likes on 651 Posts

You can get 16 episodes with their voices already here:

Spoiler:

I loved this show as a kid and it is still a fun watch. Adam West delivery through this series always makes me laugh. Yeah, Bat-Mite is annoying but I loved him as a kid.

http://www.amazon.com/New-Adventures...tman+filmation

Adam also did Batman's voice for two of the SuperFriends seasons:

SuperFriends: The Legendary Super Powers Show (1984)
The Super Powers Team: Galactic Guardians (1985)

I don't think Burt Ward did Robin on any SF seasons or other cartoons though.
Old 04-02-15, 02:35 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Love the idea of bringing back the original cast for an animated movie. This is a smart way to extend franchises where the actors are too old to play the parts as live action any more (as would be the case with a superhero franchise).
Old 04-02-15, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

I'm surprised it took them this long to bring them back via animation, though Warner's management has been embarrassed by this show for decades. I guess now that they can make some money from it again they don't care.
Old 04-02-15, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I'm surprised it took them this long to bring them back via animation, though Warner's management has been embarrassed by this show for decades. I guess now that they can make some money from it again they don't care.
Warner didn't own the rights to the 1960s TV show, and was legally prohibited from using any characters created in it (which would include, I assume, Adam West's distinctive take on Batman). The legal rights were only sorted out recently. You can find the whole story here:

http://www.wired.com/2014/11/batman-home-video-finally/
Old 04-02-15, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm wondering if the series being tied up in rights hell for so long had something to do with them not doing something like this sooner. Either way I'm still excited for the new animated film.

Edit: Guess my answer is above. Sort of figured that was the case.
Old 04-03-15, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Josh Z
Warner didn't own the rights to the 1960s TV show, and was legally prohibited from using any characters created in it (which would include, I assume, Adam West's distinctive take on Batman). The legal rights were only sorted out recently. You can find the whole story here:

http://www.wired.com/2014/11/batman-home-video-finally/
They were still embarrassed by its cultural influence, everything they have done with their own takes on Batman have run far away from this 60s show.
Old 04-03-15, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't wait for Warner to announce this via an official press release so I can get excited about this.

And I don't think they were ever ashamed of the show. That theory is practically folklore. They released everything else imaginable from Superman serials and TV show to the Superboy show to Wonder Woman and Shazam and The Flash. And they didn't seem to care if companies like Fox or Sony released stuff.

The recent explosion in Batman '66 merch comes from landing the likeness rights. DC has always been happy to release Barris Batmobiles and Bat-Cycles while simply releasing Silver Age-style toys and merch to scratch the '66 TV show itch.

We now know the actual reason why the TV show wasn't released all these years but for a long time the idea that it was DC's hidden shame was as good a guess as any other wrong guess. It never held up to scrutiny but it wasn't shockingly or intelligence-insultingly wrong.
Old 04-03-15, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Guru Askew
Can't wait for Warner to announce this via an official press release so I can get excited about this.

And I don't think they were ever ashamed of the show. That theory is practically folklore. They released everything else imaginable from Superman serials and TV show to the Superboy show to Wonder Woman and Shazam and The Flash. And they didn't seem to care if companies like Fox or Sony released stuff.

The recent explosion in Batman '66 merch comes from landing the likeness rights. DC has always been happy to release Barris Batmobiles and Bat-Cycles while simply releasing Silver Age-style toys and merch to scratch the '66 TV show itch.

We now know the actual reason why the TV show wasn't released all these years but for a long time the idea that it was DC's hidden shame was as good a guess as any other wrong guess. It never held up to scrutiny but it wasn't shockingly or intelligence-insultingly wrong.
Yeah the whole "Warner was embarrassed by the show" conspiracy theory has always been a load of bull. I don't have any idea why people still believe that it's accurate.
Old 04-04-15, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

You can stop being an idiot anytime. Seriously, you can. You were wrong. Just get over it.
Old 04-04-15, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,882 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Stop. I'm not asking "please", either.
Old 04-04-15, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

To get the thread somewhat on track, it took me roughly a little over a month to get my replacement Blu-ray discs.
Old 04-04-15, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

You can now import a fully corrected set from Italy very cheaply, well under $80. Warner didn't hold the line very long on pricing. They changed the streaming masters to include the villain tags.
Old 04-11-15, 12:43 PM

I just received my Batman set from Amazon Italy and it's identical to the US version with corrected discs for only $63.45 shipped.And I ordered the Twin Peaks set for only $60 from them as well.Great prices from Amazon overseas.
Old 04-24-15, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I feel like a sucker paying the price I did seeing how fast this has dropped in price. I'm still happy to have it but over $100 less is a bit irritating. Granted it isn't the US version but still. I may get the Twin Peaks box set for $60 overseas. Although I'm not sure if I should wait until the new series airs and wait and see if there's some ultimate set.
Old 04-27-15, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
I may get the Twin Peaks box set for $60 overseas. Although I'm not sure if I should wait until the new series airs and wait and see if there's some ultimate set.
The new Twin Peaks series may not happen now. David Lynch is feuding with Showtime and has walked away. Many of the original cast say they won't do the show without him.
Old 04-27-15, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I thought that it was confirmed that it wasn't happening?
Old 07-22-15, 12:45 AM
Cool New Member

Got this from Amazon.it for $54 and change.

Great deal, great set.

Plus it has the corrected discs!
Old 09-25-15, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 218 Likes on 165 Posts

I have looked everywhere for season 3 and can't find it anywhere. I've also looked online at Wal-Mart, Target, Amazon and Best Buy and no one seems to have it anymore. Is there a problem with a shortage of it or any idea on what's going on with it?

My 6 year old daughter wants season 3 for Christmas because those are the ones with Batgirl. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 09-25-15, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Season-...0_SR139%2C160_

Is this not the right one?
Old 09-25-15, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by JimRochester
That's why he can't find it...it has a Nov. 3rd release date.
Old 09-25-15, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
That's why he can't find it...it has a Nov. 3rd release date.
Could you verify this Nov. 3rd release date with a press release perhaps?
Old 09-25-15, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Could you verify this Nov. 3rd release date with a press release perhaps?
GREETINGS, CITIZENS!

RELIVE ONE OF THE BIGGEST HITS
IN TELEVISION HISTORY AS WARNER
BROS. HOME ENTERTAINMENT RELEASES

BATMAN:
THE COMPLETE THIRD SEASON

ON DVD NOVEMBER 3, 2015

Featuring the Final 26 Episodes from
the 1966 Original Batman Series
Completely Remastered on a 4-Disc Set

BURBANK, CA (July 15, 2015) - Prepare yourselves for a thrilling ending to an incredible series as Warner Bros. Home Entertainment (WBHE) and DC Entertainment release Batman: The Complete Third Season to own on DVD. The final, completely remastered, 26 episodes of the iconic series hits shelves for fans old and new on November 3, 2015 for $39.98 SRP.

Leap into the third and final season, where the felonious and foul must be stopped to keep Gotham safe, and a newly formed Terrific Trio must turn chaos to calm! With rogue wrongdoers like the sly Siren, lethal Louie The Lilac and unethical Egghead running rampant, Batman (Adam West), Robin (Burt Ward) and Batgirl (Yvonne Craig) have their Super Hero hands full. Now completely re-mastered, all the originality, crime-fighting action and arch-villainy of special guest villains like Milton Berle, Eartha Kitt, and Joan Collins are on DVD in pristine splendor like never before - for those who were there, and a new generation of Bat-fans!

"For decades, Batman has proven its popularity...and it all started with this live-action television title that had Batman leaping off the comic book pages to the silver screen for the first time" said Rosemary Markson, WBHE Senior Vice President, TV Marketing. "We are thrilled to release Batman: The Complete Third Season on DVD for longtime bat-fans to go back in time and relive their favorite 'pows' and 'zaps,' while also introducing the series to younger generations."

About Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Inc.
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment (WBHE) brings together Warner Bros. Entertainment's home video, digital distribution and interactive entertainment businesses in order to maximize current and next-generation distribution scenarios. An industry leader since its inception, WBHE oversees the global distribution of content through packaged goods (Blu-ray Disc and DVD) and digital media in the form of electronic sell-through and video-on-demand via cable, satellite, online and mobile channels, and is a significant developer and publisher for console and online video game titles worldwide. WBHE distributes its product through third party retail partners and licensees.

About DC Entertainment:
DC Entertainment, home to iconic brands DC Comics (Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The Flash, etc.), Vertigo (Sandman, Fables, etc.) and MAD, is the creative division charged with strategically integrating across Warner Bros. and Time Warner. DC Entertainment works in concert with many key Warner Bros. divisions to unleash its stories and characters across all media, including but not limited to film, television, consumer products, home entertainment, and interactive games. Publishing thousands of comic books, graphic novels and magazines each year, DC Entertainment is one of the largest English-language publishers of comics in the world. BATMAN and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and (c) DC Comics. (s14) (c) 1966-1968, 2014 Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation. (c) 2014 Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved. Hot Wheels(R) Replica Batmobile (c)2014 Mattel. All Rights Reserved.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.