Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

NIGHTBREED Director's Cut coming from Scream Factory - Oct. 28

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

NIGHTBREED Director's Cut coming from Scream Factory - Oct. 28

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-14, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts
Re: NIGHTBREED Director's Cut coming from Scream Factory - Oct. 28

So Doug Bradley is in the studio re-dubbing a character. Cue the butthurt!

https://www.facebook.com/officialcli...type=1&theater
Old 08-08-14, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

He's redubbing his own character. From what I understand, someone dubbed him in the theatrical cut.
Old 08-08-14, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 446 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
So Doug Bradley is in the studio re-dubbing a character. Cue the butthurt!

https://www.facebook.com/officialcli...type=1&theater
Now I know why the retail price is $80...you are a greedy bastard Mr Bradley!!!
Old 08-11-14, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 266 Likes on 194 Posts

^
Old 08-15-14, 09:18 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pointyskull

How are you judging the money vs. quality on something that hasn't been released?
This is also my argument on people yelling bait and switch. The item isn't physically existent yet, so I don't really understand why people are pissing themselves and crying. Cancel your pre-orders and get the standard edition. Ill be making it rain pocket change on my limited set.
Old 08-21-14, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by tommynorcal
Cancel your pre-orders and get the standard edition. Ill be making it rain pocket change on my limited set.
So, you're saying that you're going to buy a set that you have no interest in enjoying yourself, just so you can make 75 cents profit selling it on eBay?

Congrats! I guess.
Old 08-21-14, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by clappj
So, you're saying that you're going to buy a set that you have no interest in enjoying yourself, just so you can make 75 cents profit selling it on eBay?

Congrats! I guess.
I think there was an air of sarcasm in that part of his post.
Old 08-21-14, 08:10 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by clappj

Congrats! I guess.
What in the hell are you talking about.
Old 08-22-14, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Surprised no one's complained yet on the new site's Disqus comments: https://sneakpeek.shoutfactory.com/f...imited-edition
Old 09-03-14, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Finally...

***BREAKING: FINAL SPECS for NIGHTBREED:THE DIRECTOR'S CUT Revealed!***

We are very excited today to announce the final list of extras that will be available on our two releases of NIGHTBREED: THE DIRECTOR'S CUT (both out on 10/28). We thank every fans of "Midian" for being patient for this long-awaited news and we hope you are pleased.

We begin with an official statement from Clive Barker's team on this extraordinary project: "The Nightbreed Director's Cut is an entirely different film than the one which was released in theaters. Its 20 minutes longer than the theatrical cut, but it contains over 40 minutes of new and altered footage. Clive oversaw the reconstruction and edit himself, personally ensuring that, at long last, he was able to tell the story he always wanted to tell, but until now, had never been given the chance. Once the scenes were reordered, and the original film footage restored, the entire film received a brand new sound mix and color pass. It is, in every way, a different movie. It contains more story, more monsters, and there's even a musical number. Ultimately, what we've delivered is a love story 25 years in the making."

The breakdown for each set is as follows:

DVD & BLU-RAY COMBO SPECIAL EDITION SET
• New “Director’s Cut” presentation of the film which contains over 40 minutes of new and altered footage
• Introduction by writer/director Clive Barker and restoration producer Mark Alan Miller
• Audio Commentary by writer/director Clive Barker and restoration producer Mark Alan Miller
• Tribes of the Moon: The Making of Nightbreed featuring interviews with Craig Sheffer, Anne Bobby, Doug Bradley and more… (72 minutes)
• Making Monsters - interviews with makeup effects artists Bob Keen, Martin Mercer and Paul Jones (42 minutes)
• Fire! Fights! Stunts! 2nd Unit Shooting - an interview with Andy Armstrong (20 minutes)
• Original Theatrical Trailer
1:78 Widescreen/DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1/Dolby Digital 5.1/English Subtitles

LIMITED EDITION 3-DISC BLU-RAY SET (10,000 Numbered Pieces - also includes Collector's book)

DISC 1: THE DIRECTOR’S CUT
• New “Director’s Cut” presentation of the film which contains over 40 minutes of new and altered footage
• Introduction by writer/director Clive Barker and restoration producer Mark Alan Miller
• Audio Commentary by writer/director Clive Barker and restoration producer Mark Alan Miller
• Tribes of the Moon: The Making of Nightbreed featuring interviews with Craig Sheffer, Anne Bobby, Doug Bradley and more… (72 minutes)
• Making Monsters - interviews with makeup effects artists Bob Keen, Martin Mercer and Paul Jones (42 minutes)
• Fire! Fights! Stunts! 2nd Unit Shooting - an interview with Andy Armstrong (20 minutes)
• Original Theatrical Trailer
1:78 Widescreen/DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1/Dolby Digital 5.1/English Subtitles

DISC 2: BONUS DISC
• Deleted and Alternate Scenes (approx. 20 minutes)
• Monster Prosthetics Master Class
• Cutting Compromise – an interview with editor Mark Goldblatt
• The Painted Landscape: The Concept Art of Ralph McQuarrie
• Matte Painting Tests
• Makeup Tests
• Stop Motion Lost Footage
• Extended Torture Scene
• Rehearsal of Boone’s dream
• Extensive Still Galleries – Early Sketches, Deleted Scene, Posters and Pre-Production art, On the Set, The Cast and Crew

DISC 3: THE THEATRICAL CUT
• New transfer from the inter-positive
1:78 Widescreen/DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1/English Subtitles

**NOTE: Those who order the Limited Edition and Special Edition sets directly from us at www.ScreamfactoryDVD.com will also receive an exclusive 18”x24” poster of the newly designed artworks (available while supplies last) plus a 2-week early ship on 10/14.
Old 09-03-14, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pretty weak selection of extras on that exclusive bonus disc IMO. Love how there are no run times for many of them.

I suspect there will be lots of cancellations. The regular disc looks plenty loaded and will be mine.
Old 09-03-14, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Am I reading this wrong that the only way to get the remaster theatrical cut is also to have bought the limited edition? (which I did)
Old 09-03-14, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lastdaysofrain
Am I reading this wrong that the only way to get the remaster theatrical cut is also to have bought the limited edition? (which I did)
Not reading it wrong. If you want the theatrical, buy the LE. Personally I want the new cut, no interest in the old.

Last edited by hdnmickey; 09-03-14 at 02:21 PM.
Old 09-03-14, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I was happy to pre-order the LE when it was announced and I'm still happy after seeing the list of extras.
Old 09-03-14, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,885 Posts

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
Pretty weak selection of extras on that exclusive bonus disc IMO. Love how there are no run times for many of them.

I suspect there will be lots of cancellations. The regular disc looks plenty loaded and will be mine.
Yeah, it does look pretty weak. I'm also very seriously considering canceling my Amazon pre-order and just getting the non-LE version. It is that bonus disc, not the theatrical cut, that was the carrot on the stick for the over-priced limited edition. I'll wait and see what the early reviews say before making my final decision.

Originally Posted by Lastdaysofrain
Yes. The reason for this is because Warners owns the theatrical cut (but not the directors cut) and the only way they let Scream release it was in a pre-determined number. Sort of like how Twilight Time operates. This is, ostensibly, the reason the LE costs $50 more than the regular edition, though it seems a little fishy that Warners is making them pay that much for the theatrical cut.
Old 09-03-14, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,076 Likes on 651 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
This is, ostensibly, the reason the LE costs $50 more than the regular edition, though it seems a little fishy that Warners is making them pay that much for the theatrical cut.
Especially when you can stream the theatrical version from Amazon in HD for 4 bucks.
Old 09-03-14, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

I'm disappointed there isn't a "Cabal" cut documentary that goes into the genesis for this version. How the original VHS was found in Clives's office, the 3hr cut, festival rounds, & finally finding the original negatives to make a proper Director's Cut. The documentary found on the 5th disc of the Blade Runner box set about the various versions and what the filmmakers had to do to make The Final Cut was amazing and I was hoping for a similar documentary here. Especially for the overpriced Limited Edition.
Old 09-03-14, 04:02 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts

frankly, i am getting more than what i want. who knew we would even get this?? couldn't be happier about this LE set!
Old 09-03-14, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy
frankly, i am getting more than what i want. who knew we would even get this?? couldn't be happier about this LE set!
Plus, I paid for it already so by the time it comes it will seem like it's free...
Old 09-03-14, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ringmaster
I'm disappointed there isn't a "Cabal" cut documentary that goes into the genesis for this version. How the original VHS was found in Clives's office, the 3hr cut, festival rounds, & finally finding the original negatives to make a proper Director's Cut. The documentary found on the 5th disc of the Blade Runner box set about the various versions and what the filmmakers had to do to make The Final Cut was amazing and I was hoping for a similar documentary here. Especially for the overpriced Limited Edition.
Yeah, there's nothing there that's remotely worth $80.

I'll stick with the regular edition.
Old 09-29-14, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's so pretty!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NuAhvYTz8Pg?list=UUs7MJ_T5OH1g4TmmkoG2aVw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 09-29-14, 04:10 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts

that is sweeet!
Old 09-29-14, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

I just want a review to see if the LE is truly worth the $70.
Old 09-30-14, 06:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,885 Posts

Wonder when we can expect to see some reviews of the contents... Couple of weeks at the latest.

The box looks impressive; it's a nicely put together package that will get the shit beat out of it by UPS/USPS because Amazon will stick it a fucking envelope or cardboard wraparound thing.
Old 09-30-14, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 551 Likes on 343 Posts

I ordered mine from Shout so hopefully they ship it nicely. Amazon and I didn't see eye to eye on me ordering things and expecting to get them in good condition so they banned me.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.