Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk

HD Talk The place to discuss HD DVD, Blu-ray and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Old 06-05-17, 08:52 PM   #551
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Why isn't TV-on-Blu-ray getting any love? (was: FX)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strapped4Cash View Post
I'm interested in Wynonna Earp, but hesitant about Indiegogo. I've heard that they can take money but never deliver?
Indiegogo is just a middleman for the creators of campaigns, in this case IDW Entertainment. It's basically a site that makes it easy for people to set up their own crowdfunding campaigns.

IDW Entertainment produced Wynonna Earp, and is part of a large corporation including the IDW publishing arm, which published the Wynonna Earp comic.
http://idwmediaholdings.com/

Typically with Indiegogo you have to worry about projects that aren't complete yet, or possibly not even started, by new and/or unknowns. With this, the Blu-ray is pretty much guaranteed to be delivered, since IDW won't want to deal with the damage to their established brand. It's basically a fancy pre-order, so IDW can figure out how many sets to print.
Old 06-06-17, 06:03 PM   #552
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay G. View Post
Indiegogo is just a middleman for the creators of campaigns, in this case IDW Entertainment. It's basically a site that makes it easy for people to set up their own crowdfunding campaigns.

Spoiler:
IDW Entertainment produced Wynonna Earp, and is part of a large corporation including the IDW publishing arm, which published the Wynonna Earp comic.
http://idwmediaholdings.com/

Typically with Indiegogo you have to worry about projects that aren't complete yet, or possibly not even started, by new and/or unknowns. With this, the Blu-ray is pretty much guaranteed to be delivered, since IDW won't want to deal with the damage to their established brand. It's basically a fancy pre-order, so IDW can figure out how many sets to print.
Thanks for the advice and info! I've long been familiar with IDW (though not their non-comic operations), but hadn't thought through the fact that their connection would make this more reliable than many other Indiegogo projects.
Old 06-15-17, 01:39 PM   #553
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Big box set of Prison Break coming on 6/27 (including the recent "season" that just took place)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071L85DDV...=1M0KVIX95J7Y1
Old 06-15-17, 02:06 PM   #554
DVD Talk Legend

For years the only way to get Prison Break's entire run on Blu-ray was importing the set from France.

Over 5000 Blu-rays ranked by pure video quality.
Old 06-15-17, 02:42 PM   #555
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

In December last year, they released seasons two and four here in the US. Yeah, it was odd that seasons one, three, and The Final Break have been available for awhile now. But this is the first time you can buy them all together. Oddly enough, it looks like you still have to buy The Final Break separately.

Last edited by mattysemo247; 06-15-17 at 02:50 PM.
Old 06-21-17, 10:35 PM   #556
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just saw this post on Digital bits and figured this would be the best place to put this information, but a Friday Night Lights Complete series set is coming to bluray on 9/12. I still have the dvd series set, but I know I have seen plenty of posts here wishing this would finally happen.
http://www.digitalbits.com/columns/m...ts/062117-1430

Last edited by Bluelitespecial; 06-25-17 at 09:10 PM.
Old 06-22-17, 10:17 PM   #557
DVD Talk Hero

Wonder if that FNL blu will have the songs intact. I doubt it will.
Old 06-22-17, 10:58 PM   #558
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I doubt it will have any of the original music, I thought the score music that was in the place of the songs worked well, plus I watched almost the entire series on dvd so it didn't really bother me. I'll wait and see in term of the quality of the set to decide if I want to sell off the dvds to get the bluray set.

Last edited by Bluelitespecial; 06-25-17 at 09:13 PM.
Old 06-22-17, 11:52 PM   #559
DVD Talk Reviewer

Funny how a small company like Mill Creek can manage to put this stuff out on Blu-Ray but the bigger studios can't! Will get the Knight Rider set eventually.

Tell Samsung to bring it back too! https://www.change.org/p/contactus-s...agship-4k-tv-s
Old 06-22-17, 11:57 PM   #560
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
Wonder if that FNL blu will have the songs intact. I doubt it will.
Miami Vice and Quantum Leap had all their music intact. I don't see why not with FNL. Only thing that probably won't get ported over are all the extras and commentary tracks from the DVDs.

All the series sets released thus far are barebones.