Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

new Warner 'Diamond Luxe' anniversary blus, NBK, Gremlins, Green Mile. new features

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

new Warner 'Diamond Luxe' anniversary blus, NBK, Gremlins, Green Mile. new features

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-14, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

via blu-ray.com all due 9/30 All are available for $24.98 SRP.

The Green Mile 15th anniversary

The 15th Anniversary release of The Green Mile includes an exclusive, newly extended first-person behind-the-scenes documentary shot on location in Tennessee, North Carolina and Los Angeles, as well as all previously released extras. The studio has yet to detail tech specs, though, so any information regarding the film's audio/video presentation is still forthcoming. Special features include:
Walking the Mile (New Extended Version): High-def documentary feature with Tom Hanks, Frank Darabont, Stephen King, and Mr. Jingles, the mouse
Audio Commentary by Frank Darabont
The Teaser Trailer: A Case Study
Walking the Mile: The Making of The Green Mile
Miracles and Mystery - Creating the Green Mile:
Stephen King: Storyteller
The Art of Adaptation
Acting on the Mile
Designing the Mile
The Magic of the Mile
The Tail of Mr. Jingles
Deleted Scenes with Optional Commentary by Frank Darabont
Michael Clarke Duncan's Screen Test
Tom Hank's Makeup Test
Teaser
Trailer

Natural Born Killers 20th anniversary

This 20th Anniversary Edition will contain two versions of the film (Theatrical and Director's Cut) and a new high definition production featurette, Natural Born Killers: Method in the Madness, a rare glimpse provided by director Stone, editor Hank Corwin and technical advisor Dale Dye into the creative process that gave birth to this provocative, unapologetically violent piece of American cinema.Tech specs have yet to be detailed. Special features include all previously released material, as well as:
Natural Born Killers: Method In The Madness (New)
Audio Commentaries by Oliver Stone (Theatrical version and Director's Cut)
Introduction by Oliver Stone (2009)
Natural Born Killers Evolution: How Would It All Go Down Now?
Chaos Rising: The Storm Around Natural Born Killers
"The Charlie Rose Show"
Alternate Ending With Optional Commentary by Oliver Stone
Alternate Ending
Deleted Scenes with Optional Commentary by Oliver Stone
Trailer

Gremlins 30th anniversary

Tech specs have yet to be detailed. Special features are spread across two discs. While it's presumed that all previously released supplements will be included alongside the new anniversary edition content, Warner hasn't provided official word. New special features include:
From Gizmo to Gremlins: Creating the Creatures (New) - Special effects wizard Chris Walas plus the filmmakers and cast guide us through the art of creating Gremlins, Gizmo and Stripe, how the puppets worked (or didn't!) and how their voices came to be.
Cute. Clever. Mischievous. Intelligent. Dangerous: Making Gremlins (New) - Steven Spielberg tells how he found the screenplay for Gremlins and why it was perfect for his then-new company Amblin Entertainment. Dante, Marshall and Finnell also participate.
Motion Comic of the 1984 Book "Gremlins: The Gift of the Mogwai" (New)
Motion Comic of the 1984 Book "The Last Gremlin" (New)
Hangin' With Hoyt on the Set of Gremlins (New)

Ben-Hur: Two Disc Blu-ray with Bonus Special Features Disc

William Wyler’s unforgettable epic spectacle, full of visual splendor, thundering action and towering drama, won a record-setting 11 Academy Awards®[2] (1959) including Best Motion Picture, Best Actor and Best Director. Charlton Heston, in his Best Actor Oscar®-winning role, is Judah Ben-Hur, a Jewish nobleman in Palestine whose heroic odyssey includes enslavement by the Romans, vengeance against his tormentors during a furious arena chariot race and fateful encounters with Jesus Christ. Truly an enduring and spellbinding spectacular.

Special Features:

Commentary by film historian T. Gene Hatcher and Charlton Heston
Feature Length Documentary: Charlton Heston & Ben-Hur: A Personal Journey - Retrospective on the Ben-Hur star, written and directed by his son Fraser C. Heston, featuring never-before-available images and footage from the Heston family archives
The 1925 Silent Version – Thames Television
Restoration with Stereophonic Orchestral Score by Carl Davis
Vintage Documentaries Ben-Hur: The Epic That Changed Cinema and Ben-Hur: The Making of an Epic
Ben-Hur: A Journey Through Pictures – Audiovisual Recreation Via Stills, Storyboards, Sketches, Music and Dialogue
Screen Tests
Highlights from the 1960 Academy Awards® Telecast
Newsreels

Forest Gump 20th Anniversary Two-Disc Special Edition Blu-ray

Forrest Gump is the movie triumph that became a phenomenon. Tom Hanks gives an astonishing performance as Forrest, an everyman whose simple innocence comes to embody a generation. The winner of six Academy Awards®[1], including Best Picture, Best Director (Robert Zemeckis) and Best Actor (Tom Hanks).

Special Features:
· Greenbow Diary (HD)
· The Art of Screenplay Adaptation (HD)
· Little Forrest (HD)
· An Evening with Forrest Gump (HD)
· Easter Egg: Groom on Gump (HD)
· The Make-up of Forrest Gump
· Through the Ears of Forrest Gump – Sound Design
· Building The World of Forrest Gump
· Seeing is Believing – The Visual Effects of Forrest Gump
· Screen Tests
· Theatrical Trailer (HD)
· Remember Trailer (HD)

Last edited by Giles; 06-20-14 at 06:45 PM.
Old 06-20-14, 01:03 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: new Warner 'Diamond Luxe' anniversary blus, NBK, Gremlins, Green Mile. new featur

one copy of Gremlins - please. (I hope its a new transfer)
Old 06-20-14, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: new Warner 'Diamond Luxe' anniversary blus, NBK, Gremlins, Green Mile. new featur

I'll bite on Gremlins, and nothing else, assuming it gets a new transfer, which I have heard was in the works.
Old 06-20-14, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Giles
I'm surprised they're spreading that across 2 discs & not Green Mile
Old 06-20-14, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by Giles
I would not hold your breath for a new transfer on these editions. Warner is extremely conservative when it comes to granting new film transfers when a current HD transfer already exists. It's unlikely to receive a new one until the next 4K format comes around.
Old 06-20-14, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Kudos to Warner for another attempt to keep physical media alive.
Old 06-20-14, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I would not hold your breath for a new transfer on these editions. Warner is extremely conservative when it comes to granting new film transfers when a current HD transfer already exists. It's unlikely to receive a new one until the next 4K format comes around.
well the transfer on the current edition of Gremlins is nothing to write home about. will wait and see how this pans out.
Old 06-20-14, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
Kudos to Warner for another attempt to keep physical media alive.
I love Gremlins, but I'm not going to give them props when they're just re-issuing 5 movies (and the current release of Gump is just fine). Their catalog (along with Paramount's now) is so vast that I'd prefer bare-bones releases with decent transfers of other films that haven't gotten a release yet.

Last edited by My Other Self; 06-20-14 at 02:10 PM.
Old 06-20-14, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

What a bunch of shit. I seriously doubt these will be new transfers and the packaging looks horrible.
Old 06-20-14, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

How about fucking GoodFellas?
Old 06-20-14, 02:05 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
How about fucking GoodFellas?
This. The BD is so murky and shitty that I couldn't make it to the title card. It's THAT bad.
Old 06-20-14, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
This. The BD is so murky and shitty that I couldn't make it to the title card. It's THAT bad.
I'd guess since this a new line of releases that GoodFellas will be in the pipeline for a 25th anniversary edition next year.

Then again, how long did Paramount's Sapphire Series last?
Old 06-20-14, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

Forrest Gump and Ben-Hur are also being released as part of this line. That definitely signals no new transfers for any of these releases.
Old 06-20-14, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

If they don't do a special 25th edition for GoodFellas with a new transfer, that will be a huge black eye for WB IMO.
Old 06-20-14, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
If they don't do a special 25th edition for GoodFellas with a new transfer, that will be a huge black eye for WB IMO.
I think we'll get that version next year as part of this new Diamond Luxe lineup. The packaging does look really, really flimsy.
Old 06-20-14, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Originally Posted by My Other Self
I love Gremlins, but I'm not going to give them props when they're just re-issuing 5 movies (and the current release of Gump is just fine). Their catalog (along with Paramount's now) is so vast that I'd prefer bare-bones releases with decent transfers of other films that haven't gotten a release yet.
Eh, I'm just surprised anyone is still trying to double-dip these days.
Old 06-20-14, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think we can expect a 40th anniversary release of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest in this packaging next year.
Old 06-20-14, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm surprised Amadeus isn't getting this treatment for its 30th anniversary this year. It'd be nice to also have its theatrical cut in HD.
Old 06-20-14, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 723 Likes on 590 Posts

Where is the link to the artwork?
Old 06-20-14, 05:14 PM

here's Gremlins:

in spoiler due to size:

Spoiler:

Old 06-20-14, 05:17 PM

Green Mile

front:
Spoiler:

back:
Spoiler:

inside design:

Last edited by Giles; 06-20-14 at 05:25 PM.
Old 06-20-14, 05:18 PM

Forrest Gump

Front only

Spoiler:

Old 06-20-14, 05:19 PM

Natural Born Killers

front only
Spoiler:

Old 06-20-14, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

If any of these had new transfers, I think they'd point it out in the features list. I'd even expect the same disc as before, with the additional features on a new disc.

BTW, I still strongly prefer the original poster art for Gremlins as opposed to the "friendlier" white cover that focuses on Gizmo.
Old 06-20-14, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Drexl
If any of these had new transfers, I think they'd point it out in the features list. I'd even expect the same disc as before, with the additional features on a new disc.

BTW, I still strongly prefer the original poster art for Gremlins as opposed to the "friendlier" white cover that focuses on Gizmo.
I agree, I have the one sheet in my poster collection:

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.